• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Yes, nice games. The Griffin/Phoenix with mauaus was great. Some unlucky wipes, especially the Leviathan one was really surprising.
You guys are corrupting my arm again wirh all those sacrifices :p

ha i got 2 wyvern se+. wish i could combine them to get the se++ i actually want.

God DAMN. That writing. That ending. Those cinematics. That soundtrack.

Just finished
sacrificing Magusar
and what a ride. Seriously, gimme more.

Give me more DLC bosses.
Give me more Lore.
Give me more offerings.
Give me more Librom.
Give me a damn sequel too.

I will gladly pay top dollar for all of it. Definitely one of my games of the year already.

SharkJAW

For farming SE+ from Leviathan, should I be using a sacrificial amp palm sigil, or an attack increasing one? Also, has it been confirmed that sacrificial amp increases SE+/++ yields?

I just wondered last night. The big snake boss with a face you see at the start? Is that actually fight-able in this game?

Ive got a few forgotten pacts and avalon quests left still.

ajim

What is the Cyclops vulnerable too? He's raping me!

(Slowly progressing through the story!)

I actually find it a lot more difficult than Monster Hunter, but I'm steadily learning how how to use the summons/farming/ etc. Not sure what I'm really doing with leveling up, but, whatever.

Is there a way to find out what a particular archfiend is vulnerable too>

Holmes

Cyclops has no weakness. But he has a lot of times where he just sits there, or falls face first. Inflict a status ailment on him quickly. Run fast when he burrows underground and don't stop moving. Take cover when he fires his lasers.

I did a phantom quest online yesterday, Kill the Unicorn, and it's blacked out at the moment for me (the host chose it). We did it no problem, and afterwards I went to check to see if it has the red seal beside it, but nothing. Does it not count as a complete because it's still blacked out for me? That'd be lame.

I actually find it a lot more difficult than Monster Hunter, but I'm steadily learning how how to use the summons/farming/ etc. Not sure what I'm really doing with leveling up, but, whatever.

Cyclops doesn't have a specific weakness. My strategy, which is really effective on archfiends that go through the initial transformation sequence and don't move immediately after transforming (such as Slimes; not so effective against flyers like Harpy or Elven Queen):
-Press start to skip the sequence and use a terrain offering (whatever the weakness is; ice if none)
-immediately summon a golem
-use tri-roots to inflict an Elemental Hell and use another element offering(usually a drake egg) for a Skillful Attack (which causes a stun)
-recast terrain offering and golem when necessary and use my strongest attacks
-rinse and repeat
-???
Profit!

This strategy allows me to keep an archfiend stunlocked and finish it off in around under 2 minutes when soloing. I usually try to do the same when online, but only run through the sequence once, then switch to ranged and summon golems when necessary. My character is currently 31/43 or so and Dark Arm III.

In game, you don't really know what archfiends are vulnerable to until you try out different elements. But some of them are kinda obvious by their physical appearance (if it's on fire, cool it off with ice, etc.) I just found a list on GameFAQS and saved it as a text file for easy access.

anddo0

Well, I think I'm done. I've officially hit a wall, and hard. I doubt I'll be able to clear Remorse and on, solo :( I beat the slimeball, but those twin queens, f-that shit.

G_Berry

Banned
OK. I was really looking forward to this game. I downloaded the demo and played a few hours and enjoyed what I played.

That said, I held off on buying the full version and I'm not sure why.

Was it the super short levels? Not fully understanding the games mechanics? Or if I did, thinking they were not deep enough?

For all the guys that have pumped hours and hours into the full game (more sp than mp) is it worth the purchase?

Are there enough hours of game here to keep me playing my vita?

I want to want this game.... why cant I buy it?

Grinchy

Banned
Are there enough hours of game here to keep me playing my vita?

I want to want this game.... why cant I buy it?

Between the demo and the full game, I'm at over 60 hours already. That said, it's not a game for everyone. I think it's awesome, but I could understand someone thinking the opposite.

Do yourself a favor and play the demo more to get an idea of whether or not it's for you. You admitted you didn't fully understand the game mechanics. Keep playing to get a grip on it or ask questions here. I don't think anyone would enjoy this game if they didn't really understand how to play it and were just hitting offerings and hoping for the best.

Grinchy

Banned
Took them with me. I'm dying, I say save me, and they sacrifice me, wtf?

hahaha I got so mad the first time that happened. Then I realized the guy had a Dark Arm for a reason. Bring Divine AI's with you if you want them to actually save/heal you.

ZeroAKA

Well, I think I'm done. I've officially hit a wall, and hard. I doubt I'll be able to clear Remorse and on, solo :( I beat the slimeball, but those twin queens, f-that shit.
Relevel your character to 99/1. Battles will drag on forever, but you'll never die. :p

Mondriaan

hahaha I got so mad the first time that happened. Then I realized the guy had a Dark Arm for a reason. Bring Divine AI's with you if you want them to actually save/heal you.
I prefer neutrals. Early on it's nice to farm grunts, suicide using one of the blood spells, and ask for a sacrifice to get an easy bonus sacrifice offering. Divines won't sacrifice you, even if you ask.

There was this one dark arm NPC that I rescued and the jackass spent the whole time after I saved the arch-fiend trying to hit me with his stupid rising offering. There weren't any grunts in my vicinity and it was pretty clear he was pissed about that save, lol.

When he starts hammering on the trident, STOP HIM!!!. No one seems to get this online and they just let him happily hammer away. If you let him do it, it will power up the trident to shoot that damned laser beam that one hit kills everyone. It's not that the fight is much harder, but it makes it a lot slower unnecessarily.

To stop him cast a golem right next to him when he's hammering or a charged arm attack. Golem is better though. Maybe even consider bringing 2 golems to this fight.

Took them with me. I'm dying, I say save me, and they sacrifice me, wtf?

I just had a similar experience, almost had the archfiend beaten, when he knocked me down, asked them to save me and they sacrificed, then sacrificed the archfiend when they beat it. Since I'm trying to save everyone I've got to do the whole fucking battle over.

ZeroAKA

I just beat the Phoenix x Griffin mission in Avalon X solo in 50 minutes with a Sorcerer in Training rank, lol. Gotta love 99/1. >.>

Never doing this again.

Edit: I haven't done the dual Illecebra mission in Avalon IX yet either... :/

cyborg009

Banned
I just beat the Phoenix x Griffin mission in Avalon X solo in 50 minutes with a Sorcerer in Training rank, lol. Gotta love 99/1. >.>

Never doing this again.

This.... fight brought me to the brink of madness.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow I would probably have a heart attack if I was trying to stay alive for a 50 minute fight. I'm so used to dying in 1-2 hits.

Ken

Its best to forget this i think.

Eh? In the dual missions, they act as really good bait. If you can split the archfiends up, and your AI partner dies, the archfiend fighting him will just stay still until you come by into its range. It's a decent solution if you can't go online.

nampad

I did a phantom quest online yesterday, Kill the Unicorn, and it's blacked out at the moment for me (the host chose it). We did it no problem, and afterwards I went to check to see if it has the red seal beside it, but nothing. Does it not count as a complete because it's still blacked out for me? That'd be lame.

I think it is one of the levels that unlock after gathering shards. When you have gathered the shards, the level will have a seal next to it. I experienced the same.

anddo0

Never doing this again.

I did the Phoenix x Griffin fight online this morning... Never again I tell you.

test_account

XP-39C²
Anyone know how to unlock the two last level on Hour of Jonquil?
Quoting myself since i figured it out. You have to
beat the werewolf in Avalon Pack 9. The werewolf on Icarus Plains where the wind blows and where you can jump up and down on three different levels.

EDIT:

Monsternip (L) I think drops in the Siren 5 minute fight.
Quoting this again as well since i found the level now. Thanks :)

ShaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrkJaaaaawwww!

Why you abandon me to fixing all the save choices in my forgotten pacts?

--

PROTIP: When fighting Griffon, bring the damned miserly coinpurse. It will make your life so much easier. Place it down, roll back, spawn golem, repeat.

EDIT #2: Yesssss... My book is now 100% complete!

SharkJAW

ShaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrkJaaaaawwww!

Why you abandon me to fixing all the save choices in my forgotten pacts?

--

PROTIP: When fighting Griffon, bring the damned miserly coinpurse. It will make your life so much easier. Place it down, roll back, spawn golem, repeat.

EDIT #2: Yesssss... My book is now 100% complete!
:lol I just now saw this. I'll be on in a little bit if you're still down.

OmegaZero

Hopefully I'll be able to play with GAF tonight.
Haven't been on in a while since a friend got me Minecraft and I ended up getting sucked in. :b

EDIT: Nooo, Vita update. Will take 72 minutes to download.

Top Bottom