• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

I am usually on around 10 EDT. PSN same as here.

Oh and those Scales that submerse the level in water are ahhhhh-maz-innnnnng!
did you get any of the (L) version?

I wonder if the red fruit is supposed to be for the gargoyle. It might be possible to do the lure, golem, lure, golem thing on that arch-fiend too.
I still have to try some of the lures out to see what they actually work on.

I got about 4-5 of the L version. I used it on a Illecbra and destroyed it in about 1:30. No small feat for me being Holy focused, and having Venatar with me.

I wonder if the red fruit is supposed to be for the gargoyle. It might be possible to do the lure, golem, lure, golem thing on that arch-fiend too.

I need to learn more about the fruits and other lure items since I will be playing the role of tank/support in the higher missions. I can't wait to employ some real tactics when they introduce whispers and Archfiends that are sort of easy become very challenging.

PS. SCREW VENATAR!!! I have revived him 20 times and he refuses to drop a LE+! I need it to get my Salvation amp.

I need to learn more about the fruits and other lure items since I will be playing the role of tank/support in the higher missions. I can't wait to employ some real tactics when they introduce whispers and Archfiends that are sort of easy become very challenging.

i want some Jack SE+ and SE++

we need whispers badly guys. not only for the + and ++ I hope it increases the chances of higher level unique drops. I want large versions of the drops from the valkyrie, but I will not be grinding those 2 low level ones they gave us to make them.

mauaus

we need whispers badly guys. not only for the + and ++ I hope it increases the chances of higher level unique drops. I want large versions of the drops from the valkyrie, but I will not be grinding those 2 low level ones they gave us to make them.

hey where can i get an iron pinwheel L?

Illecebra in her Archfiend form.

That hydra thing takes a fucking shit ton so I try to avoid that.

run! no seriously run, and don't retrace your steps. also when she's charging up her petrify move go into minds eye until she's done casting it and it won't hit you.

Is anyone up for a few games right now? I'm still trying to get more Seadevil Scales.

i can be on in 30-40 min. if your still on.

nampad

I got about 4-5 of the L version. I used it on a Illecbra and destroyed it in about 1:30. No small feat for me being Holy focused, and having Venatar with me.

PS. SCREW VENATAR!!! I have revived him 20 times and he refuses to drop a LE+! I need it to get my Salvation amp.

I envy you, only got 1 L scale. On the other hand Venatar dropped his LE+ for holy supper after 4-6 tries ;) Now I am trying for holy supper 2 and Carnatux and Militar won't drop anything. Same with Witch/Warlock LE+ and I need 3 of each...
Holy supper doesn't really seem to help with boss essences though.

Is anyone up for a few games right now? I'm still trying to get more Seadevil Scales.

Invite me if you are still trying.

I envy you, only got 1 L scale. On the other hand Venatar dropped his LE+ for holy supper after 4-6 tries ;) Now I am trying for holy supper 2 and Carnatux and Militar won't drop anything. Same with Witch/Warlock LE+ and I need 3 of each...
Holy supper doesn't really seem to help with boss essences though.

Invite me if you are still trying.

Are the Warlock ones from a companion as well? Why are all the Holy ones a nightmare to get? lol

Also good playing with you for the little I got to play. Got a kid to attend to and dinner to cook, then work. Busy busy.

Number45

run! no seriously run, and don't retrace your steps. also when she's charging up her petrify move go into minds eye until she's done casting it and it won't hit you.
Mind blown.

I cheesed her with ranged attacks. Took a while but was very safe (and I still managed to get Legendary).

Oh the woes of going divine! There will come a day where my tank ability and support spells will come in handy, some day!

How do I unlock pact 7? Play through the last fellow sorcerer?

Edit: I probably have to beat the main story huh? Should get on that sometime lol.

Yes, you need to beat the main game.

You guys should totally focus on some LE+/++ drops with me. Totally.

Get me an Anquished LE+ so I can roll with the holy LE+/++ bonus arm and I'm game. Need that white/gold armor man.

I know were going to end up in the gargoyle/jack mission, but I'm trying not to think about it.

Might happen if we get to it before whispers. If whispers augment the normal Jack missions enough, we can make due there if necessary.

--

Nampad, if you still have room, resend, I had to save what I was doing in Tomba! then get SS booted up.

nampad

Yes, you need to beat the main game.

Get me an Anquished LE+ so I can roll with the holy LE+/++ bonus arm and I'm game. Need that white/gold armor man.

Might happen if we get to it before whispers. If whispers augment the normal Jack missions enough, we can make due there if necessary.

--

Nampad, if you still have room, resend, I had to save what I was doing in Tomba! then get SS booted up.

Can you send another invite

Resending right now, you are not online.

Number45

You can do this with the Griffin as well. You can block his blind move with the mind's eye.
Mind blown again.

I'm struggling with Cyclops at the moment. No idea why, because the other times I've come across him I've found him relatively easy - but in this smaller map I'm struggling to get out of the way. Tried the feather as well but I apparently suck at timing that.

If I can get past that he should be a doddle. He moves so slowly most of the time that you can hit him really hard - freezing him early in the fight with the blanket and roots takes no time at all.

Agent and frost left, I am still open for some games.
I can't join now, but do you guys have any level requirements when you group? I'm 20/34 at the moment so a way behind some/most/all of you I would imagine.

Mind blown again.

I'm struggling with Cyclops at the moment. No idea why, because the other times I've come across him I've found him relatively easy - but in this smaller map I'm struggling to get out of the way. Tried the feather as well but I apparently suck at timing that.

If I can get past that he should be a doddle. He moves so slowly most of the time that you can hit him really hard - freezing him early in the fight with the blanket and roots takes no time at all.

I can't join now, but do you guys have any level requirements when you group? I'm 20/34 at the moment so a way behind some/most/all of you I would imagine.
I don't really care what level people are as long as they know what they're doing.

which cyclops you on?

nampad

Are the Warlock ones from a companion as well? Why are all the Holy ones a nightmare to get? lol

Also good playing with you for the little I got to play. Got a kid to attend to and dinner to cook, then work. Busy busy.

Warlock and Witch essences are from neutral partners. As there are practically no neutral players, you have to get it from non-story AI companions...

ZeroAKA

It took me 30+ minutes to solo dual Illecebra, and now i have to repeat the mission again. Which idiot thought it was a good idea to have that as a branch point?

Number45

I don't really care what level people are as long as they know what they're doing.
Well I'm still learning, but I understand how the game works just fine. I'm interested to see how you guys (or if) synergise your offerings, because there are obviously spells that require multiple casters and I guess you should be able to lock a fairly static enemy in a stun lock type affair if you cycle through the elements. :)

which cyclops you on?
Chapter 5 (I think it's chapter 5, the last chapter of the Magusar section) episode 2. I should be able to get it down - just timing the dodge for his spin attack really... although I also find avoiding his burrow awkward as well. I'm also curious if you can get rid of his trident quickly to negate the laser attack.

Top Bottom