• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I just lost around half of the battery in my Vita reading all the stories/lore provided in this game...

Some truly morbid/fantastic stuff in there. I especially like the Sloth/Centaur story.

ajim

The online community in this game is brutal. I haven't had a chance to play online yet because people kick kicking me out of the rooms :(

Grisby

Thought I was done with the main story after finding out the truth about magasar. Nope, a whole nother 6 chapters to go.

Overall I'm enjoying the game a lot, but some of these archfiends I don't really like at all. I'm pretty sure I spend more time chasing down Centaur then I do actually attacking it. It also seems like I've fought an awful lot of the Slimes.

Overall I'm enjoying the game a lot, but some of these archfiends I don't really like at all. I'm pretty sure I spend more time chasing down Centaur then I do actually attacking it. It also seems like I've fought an awful lot of the Slimes.

Someone needs to up his stunlock game... ;)

I remember the first time I fought Centaur. It was like that.

And then I brought two buddies with me (Agent and Cinnabon, I think) and I warned them about what a pain in the ass he was.

Before he could move, or even blink, the bastard was encased in ice. He was promptly broken out of stunlock, and peppered with ice some more. Stunlock again. Repeated this til he died and he *never* moved.

Bring lots of ice and make your sigils ice focused. If done right, you can do the same on your own. :)

SharkJAW

Someone needs to up his stunlock game... ;)

I remember the first time I fought Centaur. It was like that.

And then I brought two buddies with me (Agent and Cinnabon, I think) and I warned them about what a pain in the ass he was.

Before he could move, or even blink, the bastard was encased in ice. He was promptly broken out of stunlock, and peppered with ice some more. Stunlock again. Repeated this til he died and he *never* moved.

Bring lots of ice and make your sigils ice focused. If done right, you can do the same on your own. :)
I remember this. Ahh, good times.

i just run after him with that feather buff. i'm more annoyed by the running queen.

and how other people hit me out of combos. this makes melee kinda rage inducing.

Number45

Love the end of the story mode. Just that final fight to go. :)

Also, am I the only one who would have laughed my ass off if they have managed to sneak a Monty Python reference after you first meet
Magusar in chapter 5, and he slices your legs clean off?
. It would have ruined the mood completely, but would be worth it. ^_^

nampad

Random groups really suck. No one ever waits with saving/sacrificing. Got left out so many times, just now again with leviathan.

Even better was that asshole yesterday that planted a golem to hit me away from the archfiend just so that he can sacrifice instead of having another one and me saving.

Random groups really suck. No one ever waits with saving/sacrificing. Got left out so many times, just now again with leviathan.

Even better was that asshole yesterday that planted a golem to hit me away from the archfiend just so that he can sacrifice instead of having another one and me saving.

sometimes i get kicked out of rooms because i'm level 60+ instead of 100. yea, thanks for mentioning that in the description, asshole! yesterday i had one guy that was chilling and asking for a sacrifice asap. lost 20 min. because of him.

but most people are cool i think. that's one incident in 20 groups.

Had to abandon a fight with a Gargoyle earlier, after I almost had him beat then fell through the ground. The AI couldn't finish him off on their own and got wiped out.

web01

The online community in this game is brutal. I haven't had a chance to play online yet because people kick kicking me out of the rooms :(

Make sure you change your skills to what the boss is weak against.
When I play online I always host and spam the lets use x element commands so people know what to use. If they ready and do not change they get kicked without hesitation. I also kick people who spam ready, god that pisses me off.

I would imagine alot of people kick those who seem clueless. OFC I have no idea why you were kicked form whatever games you joined but this is good advice for everyone.

One thing that makes online frustrating is the small text entry for game names and lobby chat. Make communication far more difficult than it should be.

It's amazing how much one can miss over the course of a few days. Miss here, and also my missing of SS itself. I have been bouncing back and forth between this and MoHun for 3ds...I know a few people irl that have MH, so the local co op sometimes wins out over SS, since it's harder to coordinate with other peoples schedules to meet up than it is to just hop online...but I got a fever. I do believe the only perscription, is plenty of sacrificing. Almost done with story mode, on Avalon pacts 6 I believe, or 7. Or halfway done with both...can't fully remember, but I shall be continuing on. I feel soo behind now -_-

Thanks for playing last night! Had fun. Sorry you had trudge through Pact 3 with me. I don't know where you were on Avalon Pacts but I am cleared all the way up to halfway through 6. Let me know if there is something you need, or you can pilot next time. I need to farm a Cerberus LE+ drop, but I need to get my Salvation Amp sigil first. I need to do the fellow sorcerer pact of the Were wolf for that I think. Gah, so much to do!

GG's f'sho! I don't mind going through old stuff, more essences, more souls, more offerings, more lacrima, I don't mind getting loads of it all! I have plenty to do as well, story/avalon pacts aside. All the farming I have been doing has been mainly for offerings, I haven't even begun SE/LE farming yet. I see what I need, but atm I just get them as I come across them. I know they can be really beneficial though....looks like I need to go get my hoe ,('.'),¬

ZeroAKA

I finished all of the Avalon Pacts required for the platinum trophy last night. After dual Illecebra and Phoenix x Griffin, the missions became significantly shorter. Now all I have left are a few easy trophies (100 online games, repair 50 offerings, etc.).

How long does it take to lock a creature again using the same element.

Or is it best to lock them using the next element from a skillful attack

Depends on the difficulty and your sigils/offering sizes, I'd wager.

If you have some large elemental carpets, you can do so pretty fast... I don't even use the amps. Drop one of those after you put down some bombs or something and say goodnight.

In the early levels, it's best to rotate I think, because you only have small offerings. We started the game off doing this on the harpy... but now our group generally sticks to a single element for the group and we ask each other what we're going to use on bosses without weaknesses. Sometimes Agent won't even bring the "breaking" element when we play and myself or one of the others is left to do it.

Phoenix in 5 minutes is brutal.

Yes it is. We found it best with 2 people both using resolute sigil and both in the high 90s.
If Phoenix has a "lure" equivalent like the Griffin, that would make it a lot easier, but I don't know what that is, if anything.

I've noticed when you fight two different archfiends in one level the first just kind of dissolves when beaten and the second one turns into a person. If I beat them in a different order then I did the first time would I get a new potential ally?

I've noticed when you fight two different archfiends in one level the first just kind of dissolves when beaten and the second one turns into a person. If I beat them in a different order then I did the first time would I get a new potential ally?

I don't think so, but you will get the SE/LE of the one you kill last.

nampad

Got my platinum trophy today. The last levels grind wasn't as bad as I imagined.
It's only my second overall after MAG. I guess that says a lot about this game.

Only missing most of the forgotten pacts.

Got my platinum trophy today. The last levels grind wasn't as bad as I imagined.

Maybe it says more about you that your only other platinum is MAG. ;)
I think it was my 75th.

Either way, congrats, buddy!

mauaus

I'm not sure I understand the grinding portion of the platinum... what exactly do you have to get on these grinds

nampad

Maybe it says more about you that your only other platinum is MAG. ;)
I think it was my 75th.

Either way, congrats, buddy!

Maybe it does, thank you.

I'm not sure I understand the grinding portion of the platinum... what exactly do you have to get on these grinds

In the end it just boils down to get to level 99 on either divine or magic, you will get most of the rest on your way to it.
As I choose the divine way it is difficult to do so til the end just with multiplayer games because you have to sacrifice something for spells sooner or later. When you hit the levelcap of 100 you can't get any xp for either of the two sides anymore.

So I just leveled down my magic levels and killed trashmobs over and over with blood magic for the last 10 levels. Surely I could have played blood magic online and drag other people down. This way was much faster and monotonous.

Thought leveling gets much slower with higher ranks like in other games but it isn't that bad.
Also the fusing trophy took me some time because I didn't want to just fuse unnecessary offerings.

Maybe it does, thank you.

In the end it just boils down to get to level 99 on either divine or magic, you will get most of the rest on your way to it.
As I choose the divine way it is difficult to do so til the end just with multiplayer games because you have to sacrifice something for spells sooner or later. When you hit the levelcap of 100 you can't get any xp for either of the two sides anymore.

So I just leveled down my magic levels and killed trashmobs over and over with blood magic for the last 10 levels. Surely I could have played blood magic online and drag other people down. This way was much faster and monotonous.

Thought leveling gets much slower with higher ranks like in other games but it isn't that bad.
Also the fusing trophy took me some time because I didn't want to just fuse unnecessary offerings.

If you played with some of the GAF all-star crew (Agent, Cyborg009, Obsolete, etc.) a lot of us don't really care what happens to the archfiend unless we were specifically trying for an SE+/++. So if you said to a group of us "hey man, help me level, what can we grind?" we probably would've taken you to the Avalon X Hydra, repeatedly destroyed him and saved him for you. :)

I did a lot of the last 10 levels offline, just because of the time of day, but being magic based, as a 5/90 or whatever, you can kill that avalon X hydra for +150 magic really quick.

ZeroAKA

Does anyone with a pure divine build have any tips for defeating Leviathan in less than the 15 minutes it's taking me right now? I'm thinking of getting a 3-star Seadevil Scale (L) and then switching to a neutral build (50/50).

Grisby

Finished the game. Was having a lil bit of trouble with the final boss but then I just rushed him.

Overall Soul Sacrifice was a ton of fun. Great game to just pick up and play a couple of missions while finishing off the Lore section of the book. The combat, fast and fun, is tied together with the beautiful presentation of the book.

My only negatives are that some of the levels are a bit bland and I wish to god there was just a 'retry' option to immediately try the fight again. Other then some drab colors here and there I really don't have a problem with the game mechanics. They're pretty sound.

I'm gonna play some more online and try to unlock the final rite. I think I'm topping close to 40hrs on this sucker.

CrovaxPSO

After about a week break to play some other games, jumped back in at dual Elven Queen. Man. Finally got them by launching eggs from as far away as I could and running down through the pathways to heal and recharge spells. Took me almost 15 minutes but still managed to get Divine.

GODDAMMIT I was so close :(

Even though I massively fucked up by accidentally breaking my healing seed i was still try to make ends meet with a mixture of saving/sacrificing and Magusar healing me. Sadly one of damn spiders bound me and she did her lightning attack while I had half defense due to a black rite usage, so Party's over.

The Harpy fight in the final chapter is a fucking pain in the ass. The injured sorcerer in the area sucks, and if I get knocked down he'll sacrifice immediately and then he gets taken out shortly afterwards.

The Harpy fight in the final chapter is a fucking pain in the ass. The injured sorcerer in the area sucks, and if I get knocked down he'll sacrifice immediately and then he gets taken out shortly afterwards.

Yea I tried that out and he's mostly worthless except for the part where he can gave you a free Archfiend stun to take advantage of.

You just have to be on your toes and not get downed while keeping him for a sacrifice if needed.

Coming back to this.

If you have a bulb this shit gets easier since she will eat it and it wont be pretty (status effect takes hold).

Just have your corresponding offerings waiting to pummel the hell out of her (I had a lighting bulb so she got shocked and i fucked her up with some stone offerings)

ZeroAKA

Does anyone with a pure divine build have any tips for defeating Leviathan in less than the 15 minutes it's taking me right now? I'm thinking of getting a 3-star Seadevil Scale (L) and then switching to a neutral build (50/50).
Quoting because I answered my own question. This might a decent full divine set-up for farming Leviathan (and possibly other bosses):

Sigils:
2 Force Surge
2 Divine Blood
1 Attack Boost

Offerings:
Sanguine Demonshot
Ice God Amulet
Seadevil Scales (L)
Healing Seed (L)
2 other offerings (Thunder Bulb?)

All you really need to do is to wait for Leviathan to use that water spraying attack. It should take you about 3 rounds of Sanguine shots to destroy the person that Leviathan summons. Use Ice God Amulet and Seadevil Scales as the Leviathan's head comes down. Spam Sanguine Demonshot, heal, use the scales again, and repeat. Plant bombs and other offerings as you see fit. Even with just the Force Surge +20% and Blood +90% sigils, it never takes me more than 7 minutes to defeat Leviathan.

What does the scales do?

They basically "flood" the arena and slow down enemies so you can get more attacks in without worrying about the enemies' attacks. However, it'll also slow you down as well, unless you have Ice Armor on. Kraken arch fiend also casts this when you fight it.

If you use this in co-op, tell your teammates beforehand and get them to use ice armors.

Top Bottom