• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ZeroAKA

were like the same. basically twins :p

edit: if we can stay connected for more than 2 minutes i'll help
Phoenix x Griffin was actually fairly easy compared to dual Illecebra. The Illecebras kept on doing status combos (elemental status + petrify), and I actually got close to death three times with my pure Divine build. I still have no clue how I managed to separate the two. :/

Thanks for the offer. I might be on later tonight.

Edit: Hold up, there are 4 unique bosses in the Forgotten Pacts that don't have any of those annoying restrictions? Mind blown.

Well I'm still learning, but I understand how the game works just fine. I'm interested to see how you guys (or if) synergise your offerings, because there are obviously spells that require multiple casters and I guess you should be able to lock a fairly static enemy in a stun lock type affair if you cycle through the elements. :)

Chapter 5 (I think it's chapter 5, the last chapter of the Magusar section) episode 2. I should be able to get it down - just timing the dodge for his spin attack really... although I also find avoiding his burrow awkward as well. I'm also curious if you can get rid of his trident quickly to negate the laser attack.
run in a small circle to avoid the burrow attack, or plant a mine stand on it, dodge so that he pops it, and the burrowing move ends(riskier but can be fun). idk if i've ever actually broken his trident so let me know how that goes.

we have to coordinate for a bunch of stuff. some of it is because you can only have so much of an item on the field at once like: golems, bombs. i usually pass on bringing the skillful attack element, since your only going to get a few stuns with an element, and let the others have at the extra +60. we need to know if someone using seadevils scales so we can bring the appropriate armor. me and frost have pretty much figured out exactly how to place our golems so that they aren't hitting eachother.

i'm waiting for you to give the greenlight so we can play mp together ;)

Phoenix x Griffin was actually fairly easy compared to dual Illecebra. The Illecebras kept on doing status combos (elemental status + petrify), and I actually got close to death three times with my pure Divine build. I still have no clue how I managed to separate the two. :/

Thanks for the offer. I might be on later tonight.
they enjoy doing their petrify move and follow it up with the hydra move.

gloone

Took me almost 73 hours but now I'm officially done with the game until some DLC is released. Or maybe I'll just drive myself insane trying to collect all items.

Pyy3F3c.jpg

WSdc4B1.jpg

1m1QnHO.jpg

ZeroAKA

Bratty Mountaineer?

How am I supposed to beat this thing when it constantly heals?
Is that the monster with the staff? You have to break his staff two times, first while he's holding it and again when the staff is on the ground. Using Mind's Eye makes it easier to find the staff.

repeater

Hi guys. I actually preordered the game (put 10 hours into the demo) but haven't gotten to play it yet since I had to finish up P4G first (fantastic games, but I clocked in 90 hours to get the true ending which is just too long a game IMHO). Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody can tell me precisely how the game will handle my set of offerings acquired in the demo? Will all of them carry over? I heard rumours that if there were too many different offerings you could lose some, in which case I might have to fuse some of mine from the demo before I start the full game.. Can anyone straighten this out for me? It would be highly appreciated.

Hi guys. I actually preordered the game (put 10 hours into the demo) but haven't gotten to play it yet since I had to finish up P4G first (fantastic games, but I clocked in 90 hours to get the true ending which is just too long a game IMHO). Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody can tell me precisely how the game will handle my set of offerings acquired in the demo? Will all of them carry over? I heard rumours that if there were too many different offerings you could lose some, in which case I might have to fuse some of mine from the demo before I start the full game.. Can anyone straighten this out for me? It would be highly appreciated.

Everything carries forward, but if you have more than 10 of an offering, it's limited to 10.
Thus if you have, say, 34 ice tri roots, you should make some 1, 2, 3 star versions so you don't lose 24 of them.

It will also drop your SEs and LEs collected to a max of 10 each. If you desire to get yourself one of the special outfits and are most of the way there (90 saves or sacrifices in an outfit) you'd be best off finishing it before moving your save.

Hey guys I'm in dire need of a Jack se+ and a ++
What's the pact to do it?

The best we could figure, and we haven't done it yet, is a pact somewhere in 7, I think, which has a gargoyle and jack. You'd have to kill the gargoyle first and then sacrifice the Jack with sacrifice amp for your best chances.

I'm thinking of trying to convince Agent to do this later. ;)

I've just done it twice, two Jack OL SEs, no +, no ++.
It's 7-2.
Pain in the ass with an AI.
If we had a group, it wouldn't be so bad.

ugh so close to taking down dual illecebra solo, unscathed, and under 5 min.

story and I have no blanket yet :(

Might need to work on that.
yeah that one gave me trouble too. she technically doesn't have a weakness so just bring the element you have the best offerings/sigils for, and something to break her out of that element with. try putting her into as elemental hell as early as possible, drop a golem while she's in it, and then break her out. this way you get the most out of your golem. at this point i'd say whale on her with the break element to see if you can stun her again, and the golem can continue pounding away.

I'm thinking of trying to convince Agent to do this later. ;)
i want that second freeze sigil to take these illecebras down, but i need high level siren souls and that ain't happen. so yeah i'll do some jack/gargoyle runs.

ugh so close to taking down dual illecebra solo, unscathed, and under 5 min.

yeah that one gave me trouble too. she technically doesn't have a weakness so just bring the element you have the best offerings/sigils for, and something to break her out of that element with. try putting her into as elemental hell as early as possible, drop a golem while she's in it, and then break her out. this way you get the most out of your golem. at this point i'd say whale on her with the break element to see if you can stun her again, and the golem can continue pounding away.

i want that second freeze sigil to take these illecebras down, but i need high level siren souls and that ain't happen. so yeah i'll do some jack/gargoyle runs.

Frostblade Sigil II only requires Glacial SEs. (1 SE++, 3 SE+, 6 SE).

Unless you mean the one that makes the ice take effect faster.

What offerings and sigils are you using?
oh man my plan is to not get hit so i'm going resolute. i'm using bombs(3rd bomb sigil), eggs(3rd egg sigil), 2 frost surge sigils, frost blankets, frost golem, and volt arrows.
Frostblade Sigil II only requires Glacial SEs. (1 SE++, 3 SE+, 6 SE).
lol, i wonder wtf i was looking at.
Unless you mean the one that makes the ice take effect faster.
yup, that's the one.

i'm happy with this.

Hmm thanks a lot for the info.

Might just do Ice > Lightning then but what goes after lightning again.

Also it looks like it will be time to grind some offerings and create some more sigils.

repeater

Everything carries forward, but if you have more than 10 of an offering, it's limited to 10.
Thus if you have, say, 34 ice tri roots, you should make some 1, 2, 3 star versions so you don't lose 24 of them.

It will also drop your SEs and LEs collected to a max of 10 each. If you desire to get yourself one of the special outfits and are most of the way there (90 saves or sacrifices in an outfit) you'd be best off finishing it before moving your save.
Thanks a lot! I'll have to check exactly what I've got. Pumped to finally get started with this game!
Also, do we know if the preorder DLC will be released as regular DLC somewhere down the road? I preordered from Amazon thinking that the preorder offer was included for all retailers (I even thought I read that somewhere), but no luck.. I actually quite enjoyed the english VO in the demo, but I wouldn't mind the extra costumes (since there supposedly aren't that many costumes in the game) and offerings.

Cerberus in the story mode is just as tough as the demo one. And the injured sorcerer in the area is fucking worthless. He keeps getting knocked down like every three seconds.

test_account

XP-39C²
Does anyone know if there is a complete guide of what drops you get? Then i'm also talking about the "hidden" drops (like the once you get for using Black Rites and destroying all cursed parts)? I'm currently looking for where to get 'Stone Arrow (L)', but i find nothing on Google.

ZeroAKA

Does anyone know if there is a complete guide of what drops you get? Then i'm also talking about the "hidden" drops (like the once you get for using Black Rites and destroying all cursed parts)? I'm currently looking for where to get 'Stone Arrow (L)', but i find nothing on Google.
From the OP: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsVNTKDjtoOkdGhUQldnYkN0ZFRXNVQtVGpoWDl1VXc&output=html

It's not quite complete though, and I don't think anyone knows about the Martyr drops.

Holmes

Cerberus in the story mode is just as tough as the demo one. And the injured sorcerer in the area is fucking worthless. He keeps getting knocked down like every three seconds.
Sacrifice him/her when Cerberus is orange. Extra damage, ally sacrifice points and martyr reward, yay.

I'm now convinced this game is way easier solo than with other people (real people, AI are a joke).

Last night we were doing leviathan and with 3 competent players it took us about 10 min. Then a fourth came that didn't pull his weight and it was 20!!! 20 minutes, the health scaling is scary.

Solo, even though I'm terrible at that fight and manage to get hit pretty much everytime he attacks the ground I did it in 11 min. And it didn't take me an hour to set up before playing another round each time. It really puts a damper in my online enjoyment knowing I'm doing stuff much slower.

So Area Heal, while another uses time sand, while the rest wail on the boss is pretty sound strategy. lol.

Also 3 way Golem on a Kraken! Guy didn't stand a chance.

Save first to get him on your team, then sacrifice his ass for the free damage, then revive him via lacrima if you want after.

Magusar would be in the same fucking boat if it wasn't for that rule placed on him

ZeroAKA

Got dual Illecebra down to just under 20 minutes the second time around. Last time I'm doing this mission with a 99/1 build.

Number45

I found him much easier in single player, but I went all out attack on his ass and found it much easier. As has been said - sacrifice those fuckers! I saved one once... only to be sacrificed by him as soon as I went down. :(

Thanks for the running around in small circles tip for Cyclops, worked a treat - that was the only real risk as it's almost a one hit kill. Nearing the end now (I think).

mauaus

Thanks, I just added it to my wishlist. So much grinding to do :(
The only LE++ boss drops I got so far are worthless. Av. Slime and Phoenix...

hey nampad, got space in your group?

FFS, cant unlock Pride Mission 3 and onwards for the life of me :( WHAT AM I MISSING????

nampad

Just played some random before and opened a room now.

Name: neogaf
Pw: 555

Anyone is free to join. I'll check here regurlary, so post if we are on a mission.

nampad

Did save wyvvern, elvenqueen and leviathan.
Mauaus just left so it's just me now.

Also got slain by the pact 6 sorceress underestimating her :D

cyborg009

Banned

I brought frost, agent, and sharkjaw with me fighting her and we almost lost. Those stone arrows kill 1/4 of my health.

mauaus

I had to revive nampad like 20 times during this fight
Nampad revived me like 20 times, he also had to sacrifice me so we would win haha

Top Bottom