• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Toth

I need some help ; ;

I am on Destiny Chapter and getting my butt kicked by this Cyclops. I use spell after spell and he just keeps coming. Does anyone have solid build I should focus on? Should i stay short or long ranged?

My levels are 10/10 atm. Maybe I need to level up more...?

B.O.O.M

I need some help ; ;

I am on Destiny Chapter and getting my butt kicked by this Cyclops. I use spell after spell and he just keeps coming. Does anyone have solid build I should focus on? Should i stay short or long ranged?

Leveling up could help but he shouldn't be too hard to beat. I always just run around the guy and try and hit him from behind or far away. He is slow so it's easy to do once you understand his patterns.

You can also do some co op online to beat his ass if nothing works ;)

I need some help ; ;

I say try to have both since he has a few attacks that gives you time to go in close range (his "lunge" attack for example) plus try to see if you can get some elemental status effects on him and then hit him out of it with the opposing element.

Also someone here mentioned that you can dodge his "burrow" attack by running in a small circle.

You can also do some co op online to beat his ass if nothing works ;)

This version is from the story, but he/she could fight the Avalon pact version with some people who could give tips.

LMN

Do you guys have any tip for getting Witch LE++, or just grind until I get one? I have been trying for many time with no luck. I need it for my Divine Blood Bullet built.

Edit: never mind, just got one

Toth

Okay just beat that bad boy using Fire Giant Arm, that fire rush attack, and the fire homing missiles. I am still unsure if I am building the right deck for this but I will keep on trying. Any tips for a newcomer?

Agent up for some games in 30 mins ?

yup!

guys there aren't enough lol's

GYqrfMg.jpg

here's the video i seen this strategy on
if only i were still 1/99

i was satisfied with the 5:59 i got a few days ago. then i see a gamefaqs thread on solo dual illecebras today and someone posted that video. i just had to try it.

Okay just beat that bad boy using Fire Giant Arm, that fire rush attack, and the fire homing missiles. I am still unsure if I am building the right deck for this but I will keep on trying. Any tips for a newcomer?

Get to at least level 40 and most story stuff should become easy.

Focus on farming the good offerings and monsters that give you the most + in either Save or Sacrifice.

Right now I'm 22/30 so I'm level 52. The story has become rather easy for me except when I vs Archfiends.

hahaha jack/gargoyle in 1:36

I tried it on the dual jack OL in avalon IV for the vita thread challenge for May but couldn't best my 1:10 time without it.

I did that a few times but no one noticed

:[

Why do you think I kept on asking for it.

I dunno, I just remember getting yanked across the map and thinking "what the fuck is Cyborg doing?!" ;)

Frost get in the chat.

Sorry, can't play/chat at the moment. I might be on later though.

CrovaxPSO

I got your invites but I was in the middle of a Phoenix. I can't join voice party chat as people around me are studying but if that's okay I'll do some games.

Toth

Get to at least level 40 and most story stuff should become easy.

Focus on farming the good offerings and monsters that give you the most + in either Save or Sacrifice.

Right now I'm 22/30 so I'm level 52. The story has become rather easy for me except when I vs Archfiends.

Is lvl 40 20/20 or 40/40?

Also, when is there a good map my level to farm exp?

Man that sorcerer in the Harpy chapter is a real prick. After I saved her (beat her using Infinite Justice's thunder bulb strategy, thanks) he chased me around and tried to attack me with his giant stone fist. He's never getting used again.

Man that sorcerer in the Harpy chapter is a real prick. After I saved her (beat her using Infinite Justice's thunder bulb strategy, thanks) he chased me around and tried to attack me with his giant stone fist. He's never getting used again.

No problem

I kept wondering why it happened before that until I saw that she could eat it and the AI usually threw a lot around. Also its nice to see how consistent the monster is in its attitude (if there is one of those trees with fruits either from a tree creature itself or the offering version you use near her she will go to it and eat from it).

Haha @ your "AI being a dick" experience. I actually sacrificed his ass for damage since he kept getting killed like a dumbass, then used some Lacrima.

Grinchy

Banned
I wish you had the option to immediately re-try a mission if you die. What's the point in going back to the menu and asking if you want to save after a loss and then making you load the mission again?

I wish you had the option to immediately re-try a mission if you die. What's the point in going back to the menu and asking if you want to save after a loss and then making you load the mission again?

I want the option to go back to a mission and have it take me right to the mission accept screen instead of having to flip through the story parts before it on missions I have already done the story on...

I wish there was a restart option in the menu, and a retry option if you fail a mission. I don't want to go through a bunch of menus when all I'm doing is trying strategies out, and testing some of the offerings I haven't played with much. It's difficult to test things out on that one puny goblin.

Well, one benefit is if you did a lot of prep and you mostly like your new equip setup up, you can save it without exiting.
Secondly, if you did something wrong or you died in a different place, you probably want to tweak your sigils/offerings just a tad... so it kicks you back to the setup screen.

It's not like it takes 7 minutes to load a match. Yeah, it's a bit annoying when you die a lot or you're trying to speed grind for essences or levels. But it's got benefits to it as well.

Well, one benefit is if you did a lot of prep and you mostly like your new equip setup up, you can save it without exiting.
Secondly, if you did something wrong or you died in a different place, you probably want to tweak your sigils/offerings just a tad... so it kicks you back to the setup screen.

It's not like it takes 7 minutes to load a match. Yeah, it's a bit annoying when you die a lot or you're trying to speed grind for essences or levels. But it's got benefits to it as well.

I think you also save your levels also if you decided to save.

I want the option to go back to a mission and have it take me right to the mission accept screen instead of having to flip through the story parts before it on missions I have already done the story on...

Press the Right trigger, it will flip straight to the accept page for that mission

Holmes

Anyone willing to help me with the Judgement Avalon pacts and beyond? I'm looking for people to help me with them since I'm starting to hit a wall and I was thinking we can maybe help each other out. Or if some really powerful sorcerers here are in the mood to power through them with me, that'd also be great. I'm at 38/60 and I'd be available for the next three hours or so.

Anyone willing to help me with the Judgement Avalon pacts and beyond? I'm looking for people to help me with them since I'm starting to hit a wall and I was thinking we can maybe help each other out. Or if some really powerful sorcerers here are in the mood to power through them with me, that'd also be great. I'm at 38/60 and I'd be available for the next three hours or so.

don't know how long i'll be on for, but i'll try to help for as many as i can. set up a chat and send me an invite.

Holmes

don't know how long i'll be on for, but i'll try to help for as many as i can. set up a chat and send me an invite.
Alright. I can't talk since I have people around me that would prefer silence but you can tell me what to do during battle if you want. I'll set up the room and put the details up in this post.

Room created. GAF Room is the name. No password. Anyone welcome.

Grinchy

Banned

Sure, but having the option to retry doesn't have to take away any of that.

Sure, but having the option to retry doesn't have to take away any of that.

That's true, my mistake, I wasn't thinking of it in that way.

Two of my bigger things I'd like the ability to do is:
(1) Discard offerings. My stuff is so cluttered, I'd love to throw away a bunch of stuff I don't use and won't be getting more of. Why do I need 18 regular base level snow roots? I'd love to just toss em and reduce clutter.
(2) Set the default action for "overwrite/don't overwrite". I can't tell you how many times I've sacrificed someone after saving them and then I have to go fix my book to get the AI back. :\

Grinchy

Banned
That's true, my mistake, I wasn't thinking of it in that way.

Two of my bigger things I'd like the ability to do is:
(1) Discard offerings. My stuff is so cluttered, I'd love to throw away a bunch of stuff I don't use and won't be getting more of. Why do I need 18 regular base level snow roots? I'd love to just toss em and reduce clutter.
(2) Set the default action for "overwrite/don't overwrite". I can't tell you how many times I've sacrificed someone after saving them and then I have to go fix my book to get the AI back. :\

Oh wow yes. I would love those two things.

The great thing about this game is that it's so good that the problems are so miniscule. As much as I'd like to see the improvements we've mentioned, it's not like I'm that worried if they never happen.

Holy shit at the video. Wow.

I guess going full dark is worth it?

There shouldn't have ever been any doubt.
I can't imagine being 20/80. My 80/20 does sufficient damage with the right sigils, but I'm not hitting quite as hard as the 1/99. :)

Oh wow yes. I would love those two things.

The great thing about this game is that it's so good that the problems are so miniscule. As much as I'd like to see the improvements we've mentioned, it's not like I'm that worried if they never happen.

Huge complaint before people got into the game "I want lacrima collection in lobbies."
Now after a couple weeks? A lot of us have in the neighborhood of 10k+ lacrima. Even if we make a dent using black rights left and right, by the time we get out of the lobby, we gain more than we spent. :)

Top Bottom