• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Number45

I'm playing through the Radux quests now. Is it wrong that I expect him to go
"Enchantment?"
any second now?
I'm levelling my affinity with him at the moment. Dude spends the entire time in healing bloom mode... but at least he's a distraction for the mobs and I can run through him for a bit of healing every now and again. ^_^

Actually found a good random group last night, doing some of the timed/no damage pacts. Felt good. :)

On to Remorse in the unlocking marathon.

EDIT: Testing an editing problem...

Adahn

Quick question all – I'm having trouble with the dual Illecebra pact both solo and with AI companions. I’ve held off trying it on multi due to fear of having some ‘player skill issues’ but I’m feeling that it might be the way to go. So annoying you have to do it twice to complete the linked pacts!

Does anyone have any hints/tips/suggestions? I’m currently specced 56/40 with an eye to level to 60/40, finish all the story content and then level to 99/1 for the trophy.

Number45

Quick question all – I'm having trouble with the dual Illecebra pact both solo and with AI companions. I’ve held off trying it on multi due to fear of having some ‘player skill issues’ but I’m feeling that it might be the way to go. So annoying you have to do it twice to complete the linked pacts!

Does anyone have any hints/tips/suggestions? I’m currently specced 56/40 with an eye to level to 60/40, finish all the story content and then level to 99/1 for the trophy.
Go all out range - I equip five throw offerings whenever I come up against her.

Boogdud

What the hell happened to the "search this thread" button?? Ugh, anyway..

So I'm doing the Avalon pacts and I've gotten to III and IV and there are blacked out missions that I just can't figure out. The one on Reparation (with the jack, and then the assassin sorcerer). I've tried everything to get those quests on the right hand side to unlock and nothing seems to do it.

I tried sacrificing the jack and I get wasteland effigy (kill the gargoyle). When I save him I get 'sorcerer in the city', when I sac the sorcerer in the city nothing opens up. It's still blacked out.

I really love this game but some of these branching conditions are annoying as hell.

So any idea what I'm supposed to do? It looks like you're supposed to sac the Jack then get sorc in the city, sac him, then it's supposed to open up "giant in the road" but it never does.

Driving me nuts.

Sol1dus

This may sound dumb to most of you, but something clicked for me last night about the sigils. I finally figured out what to do in order to get better ones. I had been running around with the basic ones you get after the beginning missions not thinking it mattered. Anyway, just wanted to share this sudden moment of clairvoyance. :p

What the hell happened to the "search this thread" button?? Ugh, anyway..

So I'm doing the Avalon pacts and I've gotten to III and IV and there are blacked out missions that I just can't figure out. The one on Reparation (with the jack, and then the assassin sorcerer). I've tried everything to get those quests on the right hand side to unlock and nothing seems to do it.

I tried sacrificing the jack and I get wasteland effigy (kill the gargoyle). When I save him I get 'sorcerer in the city', when I sac the sorcerer in the city nothing opens up. It's still blacked out.

I really love this game but some of these branching conditions are annoying as hell.

So any idea what I'm supposed to do? It looks like you're supposed to sac the Jack then get sorc in the city, sac him, then it's supposed to open up "giant in the road" but it never does.

Driving me nuts.

You have to do more story missions (i.e., Magusar stuff) to unlock some of the Avalon pacts.

Boogdud

This may sound dumb to most of you, but something clicked for me last night about the sigils. I finally figured out what to do in order to get better ones. I had been running around with the basic ones you get after the beginning missions not thinking it mattered. Anyway, just wanted to share this sudden moment of clairvoyance. :p

So, what exactly do you do? Or is this just you forgetting to inscribe your arm?

Also thanks Korben but I don't see any mention of needing to do story mode quests for the III avalon pact as far as I can tell. I'll have to try again tonight.

Sol1dus

So, what exactly do you do? Or is this just you forgetting to inscribe your arm?

Also thanks Korben but I don't see any mention of needing to do story mode quests for the III avalon pact as far as I can tell. I'll have to try again tonight.

Yeah its just about inscribing your arm and farming the correct monster soul essence in order to get the better stuff.

Ephemeris

Aww man. That final battle.

I was down to the last spell, which happened to be healing. All the others were broken. I used it up, hoping the game would detect that I was all out and maybe refill/replenish, but nope I was on my own.

Mind's eye revealed his HP was low. But I was 0/6 in spells.

Hadn't took much damage at this point, so I figure I had one more card to play. Let him damage me a bit, all the way down to sub 20%. He
flies away
and I'm planning to dodge like crazy. He swoops in, I dodge.. and I get hit by the god damned
tail

Somehow, I survive with only a sliver left. I hauled ass between those legs and let loose an Infernus on those
dragon
balls.

Victory.

Now to decide.
Save, or Sacrifice? Hmm.

Aww man. That final battle.

I was down to the last spell, which happened to be healing. All the others were broken. I used it up, hoping the game would detect that I was all out and maybe refill/replenish, but nope I was on my own.

Mind's eye revealed his HP was low. But I was 0/6 in spells.

Hadn't took much damage at this point, so I figure I had one more card to play. Let him damage me a bit, all the way down to sub 20%. He
flies away
and I'm planning to dodge like crazy. He swoops in, I dodge.. and I get hit by the god damned
tail

Somehow, I survive with only a sliver left. I hauled ass between those legs and let loose an Infernus on those
dragon
balls.

Victory.

Now to decide.
Save, or Sacrifice? Hmm.

Nice lol

the only time you get a offering refresh is when you beat
his first form
. I just had my trusty golem for that fight

Also check both out and see what you think (I asked earlier in the thread but no one saw it apparently :( )

Number45

Took me forever to beat gemini Elven Queens earlier. Didn't help that I broke both of my main attacks.

Still, I find the longer I take the more likely I am to get legendary. Sooner or later I'm going to have to work on getting those scores quicker or grinding will take AGES! D:

IX and X to go. And the forgotten pacts.

ZeroAKA

Found this on the Japanese Soul Sacrifice site:
ssdl_TOPmonster_0516.png
8/13 free DLC bosses in Japan so far.

About sigils, some were greatly nerfed after the update.

My attack sigils before were giving me an extra percentage of my attack. Since I'm 1/99 I was at a 300 base level and the 150% 1 hp one was giving me a whopping 700 attack. Now it only gives me 150, so I'm at 450.

To compensate for this, they made the enemies weaker I think, since it takes me the exact same time to kill them as before. It's just that now it's less enticing to go for a full 1/99 build to get the multiplier. This also makes other sigils in the palm a little more useful since I might be willing to give up 70 extra attack points, but not 210 before (70% vs +70 now).

Dullahan is hard as a 1/99 with the hp loss, but Behemoth is cakewalk. I also really, really liked the inclusion in the patch
of a lvl 10 Jack-o-Lantern. Finally got my SE++ to increase heat attacks.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finally beat Magusar yesterday and went through both paths. Surprisingly great endings. I honestly never imagined that a hunting action game could have an interesting story.

Cha

Nice! Though, you seem to have linked the same trailer twice.
I guess Elaine would have a voiced story like the other "Fellow Sorcerers" (I assume that's where we'd find her quest).

Also, I finally beat Magusar today!! End spoilers>
Loved the way they set the scene when you had to choose whether to save or sacrifice him. Would have made an awesome wallpaper if those hands weren't on the screen.

Mondriaan

anybody else problems with network errors? this past week hasn't been good for me.

Yesterday night went well for me, but the night before that I was getting tons of network errors. I was pretty jazzed about getting the platinum for this game, but I still think trophies are stupid.

Number45

What level are most of you? I want to play online again but I'm only level 50
I'm almost at 100. Slowly massaging my levels one at a time so that I can progressively level my magic to 1/99. Typically, when I needed to get my life to 40 for the last black rite everyone wanted to sacrifice... since I want to sacrifice everyone wants to save. :'(

Still can't manage that first quest in IX. I can stay away from the bastard if I don't worry about the memories... but what's the point of that?

So the Dullahan boss fight was fucking amazing. I love how he
uses his head as a weapon!

This game has no where to go but up. Keep the DLC coming!

EDIT:

Cait Sith and Beezlebub look so cool.

i gonna keep trying for a valkyrie se++ today. it's gonna take a while because the only 2 missions for her a low level, but the mission doesn't take much more than a minute. hopefully i get a decent amount of her projectile drop as i play so i'm at least getting something out of it.

that new brain move is so weird. sometimes people drop out of the room for no reason when people cast it. i'm sure it has something to do with that, lol.

Number45

I did get your message Agent White, I just haven't been on that much. Running through the Forgotten Pacts at the moment, but I might give you a shout if I get stuck if that's OK. :)

Is it possible to MP those incomplete quests?

Mondriaan

I did get your message Agent White, I just haven't been on that much. Running through the Forgotten Pacts at the moment, but I might give you a shout if I get stuck if that's OK. :)

Is it possible to MP those incomplete quests?
Yes- MP makes gathering much easier since it divides focus.

Number45

Ah I didn't realise you could do that. Maybe I'll just host some games then. :)

It might not come across in my posts sometimes, but I really do love this game.

Patch made the post battle report much better.

BTW do i need to destroy both weak points on Minotaur or just staff to make him take dmg ?

Patch made the post battle report much better.

BTW do i need to destroy both weak points on Minotaur or just staff to make him take dmg ?

Just staff, if you don't destroy the staff she will constantly heal herself.

Anyway, gemini Illecebras is probably the toughest time I have had with this game. I have done the quest twice and each time took 20 minutes with innumerable casualties. I am also max level.

Going for the plat so I have to ask, is it easier to go for 99/1 Life or 99/1 Magic, or does it even matter?

If you intend on playing with other people 100% of the way, 99/1 might be easier.

If you play by yourself a lot then it may be easier for 1/99 because you can actually do damage without relying on the garbage AI.

Top Bottom