• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ajim

How do you play locally with a friend in this game? I assume it would be Ad Hoc? But it just keeps saying 'connecting' when searching for a room.

what gives?

Grinchy

Banned
How do you play locally with a friend in this game? I assume it would be Ad Hoc? But it just keeps saying 'connecting' when searching for a room.

what gives?

You are going into the Ad hoc menu, right? It's not the same as playing online. I have played with my brother a few times now and it has worked perfectly.

Number45

I'm running a 10/90 divine build, so I've been using the same blood-focused offering set for every boss. If you have more dark levels (higher attack), you have more flexibility. I recommend making at least one set for every elemental weakness.
Yeah, this is what I do as a rule but I'm worried about getting pigeonholed into a specific play style.

ZeroAKA

is there a good list around which tells me how to unlock all avalon missions? i'm getting so tired of this.
I unlocked all of them just by playing through story mode and going in order. Just remember that you need to both save and sacrifice in order to unlock all of the branching pacts. At least one pact in IV has a weird requirement that forces you to sacrifice the Harpy in I.

I unlocked all of them just by playing through story mode and going in order. Just remember that you need to both save and sacrifice in order to unlock all of the branching pacts. At least one pact in IV has a weird requirement that forces you to sacrifice the Harpy in I.

both save and sacrifice every avalon mission? because some missions don't unlock, no matter what i do. and the later missions take a long ass time solo.

ZeroAKA

both save and sacrifice every avalon mission? because some missions don't unlock, no matter what i do. and the later missions take a long ass time solo.
Which missions are you having trouble unlocking? You only have to save and sacrifice for the missions with branching arrows.

is there a good list around which tells me how to unlock all avalon missions? i'm getting so tired of this.

Same here, for some reason some pacts don't unlock for me, they stay blacked out with no branching path option, I completed a bunch online so I think something went wrong there.

Did you finish all of the main Magusar chapters? And did you host the games online instead of just joining them?

Yes finished the game completely, I didn't host, just randomly joined, thing is I have blacked out missions that I cant select and there isnt a branching path to some of them, weird.

Finally got some time to kill so I completed story mode for the most part (save actually fighting Magusar) and holy shit at the end :O

Its funny that if you look at it in hindsight it makes sense but the story does a good job in making it not as important imo. Did the pacts for the sorcerers and Avalon Pact 2, gonna beat him later.

cyborg009

Banned
two more trophies til platinum

also I never seen this before and why did this go to community? it hasn't been a full month yet.

tumblr_mn9t3seitj1s5qi8zo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mn9t3seitj1s5qi8zo1_1280.jpg

is there a way to end the gleipnir animation when the boss dies? i was stuck in it and couldn't go and save/sacrifice the boss. assholes don't wait for you to finish.

and yea, why is this thread in community?

nampad

So this week the first DLC will hit? Need to get back into the game, kinda stopped after the platinum trophy and cleaned up my backlog.
Also now that I am not ill anymore I don't run into any of you guys, the time difference is huge :(

is there a way to end the gleipnir animation when the boss dies? i was stuck in it and couldn't go and save/sacrifice the boss. assholes don't wait for you to finish.

and yea, why is this thread in community?

I don't think so. It is a big issue and the reason why I only use infernus, random groups never wait for you.

Any tips for
Dragon Magusar
I could use

Equip the Cause and Effect sigil
, it helps out a lot.

And try to
stay under his belly and attack from there. You might get knocked down but you won't lose any health. If you can put up a golem and keep him in front of it, it'll make the fight go by faster.

Equip the Cause and Effect sigil
, it helps out a lot.

And try to
stay under his belly and attack from there. You might get knocked down but you won't lose any health. If you can put up a golem and keep him in front of it, it'll make the fight go by faster.

Thanks.

Just had to get in under him and unleash my golem, even stayed in the golems vicinity so he would hit me instead LOL

Mondriaan

I don't think so. It is a big issue and the reason why I only use infernus, random groups never wait for you.
A boss died while I was in the middle of infernus and they ran over and sacrificed before the animation ended. The lesson I learned was never use a black rite unless everyone else is dead or they've proven themselves not to be assholes.

there's an update for the game out.

from gamefaqs:
1.10 (65mb)

Additional Features

New Feature:post
Added Facebook and Twitter features.

New Feature: Discovery Pacts
Pacts in which you collect "memories" using AR Cards have been added.

New feature added to Options.
Added the ability to adjust camera speed, Mind's Eye colour schemes, and other such functions.

Multiplayer Features Added
Added a button to allow collection of lacrima while in an online room, and improved the online room search function.

Added data relating to additional content.
Additional content may be downloaded via the Playstation Store. We hope you enjoy it!

Changed Features

the effects etc. of some sigils have been adjusted

the power, behaviour etc. of some spells has been adjusted.

new types of battle result have been added.

some of the actions on the "Right Arm" screen have been improved.

some adjustments have been made to communication processing during multiplayer mode.

some of the actions relating to the chat feature have been changed.

other minor changes have been implemented.

Bug Fixes

other minor bugs have been fixed.

yay! lacrima online

Number45

Wasn't online lacrima collection patched into the JP version post release? You'd have thought it would be in there for launch with the gap between releases.

Have been delving a bit more into the online the last couple of days. I'm trying to get my life up to level 40 at the moment, it's hit and miss online. :(

there's a compass in the top right now, and sea scales/ice armor doesn't work anymore.

i would have liked this update day one. it's too difficult for me to switch controls now, or health colors.

edit: whenever they actually decide to update psn i'll be on.

edit2: wow at the resolute sigil nerf!

edit3: oh there's a pop up telling what essences you got after a mission. very cool

Number45

I really need to read up on the sigils...

New DLC informations (some info covered in Agent White's patch post above).

Free Soul Sacrifice DLC launches this week
Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Hello everyone! I hope you’ve been enjoying Soul Sacrifice. Tomorrow we’re releasing the first major update for Soul Sacrifice. Everything will be free, so don’t forget to update your game to version 1.10 from LiveArea and then visit PlayStation Store to download unlock keys for free!

New quests
Eight new quests will be added upon using the unlock key. To play the quests, go to Mad Chronicle > Inside Avalon > Avalon Pacts > Forgotten Pact > Hour of Amber (game progress required).

In these new quests, you will see two new boss characters called Dullahan and Behemoth and a new map called Caverns of Goliath.

About Dullahan
There was once a knight whose name was known the world over… But it was not his abilities that had made him famous. Indeed, he was viewed with curiosity, not respect. Many thought him downright unsettling; it was the way in which he did battle. While most warriors took pleasure in striking their enemies and avoiding their blows, this knight was the exact opposite. Apparently he would howl with joy whenever struck, and his face would twist with satisfaction…

About Behemoth
In a quiet town, a young boy lived together with his parents. He had always had a big appetite, even since he was an infant. Above all, apples were his favourite. Any day he had an apple at hand was a happy day to him. And his parents, knowing this, had an easy time raising him.

Though they spoiled him in his infancy, there came a day when even his parents refused his demands for apples. The tantrum he threw was frightening. By that point, he was massively obese, easily weighing as much as three grown men. To say the thrashings of a boy that size were beyond his parents’ handling is an understatement…

New map: Caverns of Goliath
You’re basically inside the body of a soldier who turned into a giant. The digestive fluid is always being secreted, so you constantly lose your HP just being there. The battle against Dullahan there will be quite challenging!

New Black Rite: Berserker
Download the free unlock key from PlayStation Store to add Berserker as your new Black Rite. Offer your brain to unleash its potential. The price for using this Black Rite will be to have redacted info on equipped Offerings. So you will not be able to see what Offerings you’ve set on each button.

This huge 1.10 update also adds support for posting stats to Twitter and Facebook, plus an addictive new AR mini-game!

Posting to Twitter and Facebook
You can post your play information – such as the number of sacrifices/saves, or the status of your right arm – to Twitter/Facebook once a day. You will gain lacrima by sharing your stats with your friends!

Discovery Pact (AR cards required)
Use AR cards to summon your character and collect numerous “memories.” These memories are revealed using Mind’s Eye, and can be collected simply by touching them. After one memory has been collected, others become harder to find for a time. Memories can be exchanged for lacrima once collected. I recommend doing this mini-game if you use Black Rites often in the game to undo the price!

Look for more new content in June – please check back to PlayStation Blog for details!

nampad

Seascale and ice armor was imbalanced, so the nerf is ok even though using the combo was fun. Don't like it that the additional quests are in the forgotten pacts, haven't really played them.

A boss died while I was in the middle of infernus and they ran over and sacrificed before the animation ended. The lesson I learned was never use a black rite unless everyone else is dead or they've proven themselves not to be assholes.

I know, also happened to me. Still, I want to use a black rite to finish faster and get the points so infernus is a good choice because it is the quickest.

Eggs, Bombs, Blankets, Golems

Me = BROKEN AS FUCK.

Also what were you guys thoughts on the endings? I actually dug both of them for their own reasons.

Plus now I have some fixes and content to download adding to the pacts I need to finish (I assume that will be up when the store is updated today?) :)

The area for the 9 star dullahan DLC mission is some straight up bullcrap the first time you run it without knowing what to expect lol.

Did the patch add worthwhile new neutral Sigils like I've heard? Haven't found the time to really play it yet.

there's a attack/defense one that seems pretty good. the patch makes you realize that chaos isn't as crazy powerful as we thought.

edit: finally got jack se++

I'm going to miss the Seadevil combo. :(

I just got the scales last night when playing with a random group. I got to try it out for 2 battles and now the patch nerfs it. Oh well, it seemed OP anyways and I wasn't planning on using it too much.

Is there a list of Offering/Sigil changes? I'm at work now but am interested to know what got nerfed.

Finally played the demo last night having gone in mostly blind. Defeated the Jack o lantern and I can honestly say, I don't get it. I have no idea what I'm refilling when I press X at a flag, no idea what the pros and cons of sacrificing or saving animals are outside of filling a red or blue bar (which I have no idea what those are either), and when I died, I don't even know the repurcussions of each choice.

So the book is like a glorified Animus from Assassin's Creed where you get to relive someone's memories. That's cool and all, but who's memories? For a book that seems so important to the plot, it certainly seems very easy to erase the main character and make them to your own liking.

Help me understand. I like the items you select to make up your moveslist, but I just don't understand what my actions mean.

nampad

Finally played the demo last night having gone in mostly blind. Defeated the Jack o lantern and I can honestly say, I don't get it. I have no idea what I'm refilling when I press X at a flag, no idea what the pros and cons of sacrificing or saving animals are outside of filling a red or blue bar (which I have no idea what those are either), and when I died, I don't even know the repurcussions of each choice.

So the book is like a glorified Animus from Assassin's Creed where you get to relive someone's memories. That's cool and all, but who's memories? For a book that seems so important to the plot, it certainly seems very easy to erase the main character and make them to your own liking.

Help me understand. I like the items you select to make up your moveslist, but I just don't understand what my actions mean.

Your selected offerings (spells) have a limited number of uses before they break (if they start to blink red, they are nearly breaking). You can either refill the your offerings by sacrificing enemies or by pressing X at some places that are indicated as white using the minds eye (it will also say refill offerings; blue spots just give you shards, which act like essences). By saving enemies you will gain a little bit of health back.

Sacrificing and saving enemies is also used for levelling your character as indicated by the red and blue bar. By sacrificing your attacks get stronger, by saving your defense.
Sacrificing also gives you enemies soul essences and saving gives you their life essences. These essences are used later on to augment sigils in your arm which boosts your skill. Just think of them as armor like in RPGs.

Your selected offerings (spells) have a limited number of uses before they break (if they start to blink red, they are nearly breaking). You can either refill the your offerings by sacrificing enemies or by pressing X at some places that are indicated as white using the minds eye (it will also say refill offerings; blue spots just give you shards, which act like essences). By saving enemies you will gain a little bit of health back.

Sacrificing and saving enemies is also used for levelling your character as indicated by the red and blue bar. By sacrificing your attacks get stronger, by saving your defense.
Sacrificing also gives you enemies soul essences and saving gives you their life essences. These essences are used later on to augment sigils in your arm which boosts your skill. Just think of them as armor like in RPGs.

Thank you, Manny (short for Manual) lol. This makes it easier to understand the systems in place. The game is just like "here you go". With a talking book, you'd think it'd be a bit more helpful. Maybe it is after that battle since they just introduced items and objects of interest. But so far, it didn't grab me. I guess I didn't expect kill room after kill room. Thought there'd be exploration and world traveling and such.

Top Bottom