• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SOULCALIBUR V casual online matches featuring MarkMan (Yoshimitsu) & Filthierich (Natsu) - http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkManSDT/videos

---

I used the PlayStation 3 Replay Mode option to export the movies in MPEG4 format, then uploaded them to YouTube after. Neat stuff!

BTW if anyone is wondering, Rich and I were playing against each other online and he lives about 10 hours away (driving) from me.

Beat Story Mode, it was kinda lame (even though I do really like Pat and Pyrrha now as characters, they were the only ones who benefited). It's GARBAGE that there's no individual character endings.

In the absence of Kilik (real, rod-using Kilik) I've picked up Alpha Pat. I fucking HATE how Xiba plays, he feels so damn wrong. Alpha Pat on the other hand is a badass mofo and I love the hell out of him thus far.

Do you unlock more character creation options some other way than Story? I figured that would be it but no such luck. The options you do have are complete trash next to the myriad of clothing options SCIV had.

I really hate how they tease you in Legendary Souls mode with
badass SCIV ice armor Sieg and don't let you unlock it as a clothing option. I bet money Scamco's gonna make me pay 5 bucks for something that's already in the damn game.

Looks like no one gives a fuck about Natsu's appearance anymore, lol

They find out she's cheap as hell and suddenly all the "blonde with no tits" jokes vanished into thin air. None of you dudes who were talking about how much better Taki was better be spamming Natsu unless you're prepared to eat a whole heaping helping of crow.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MarkMan, is it true that ranking matches will not always be available? Please tell me that's a joke?

In Global Colloseo, tournament matches will not always be available (they will be made available based on day/time; on a weekly schedule).

Not sure where you heard about Ranked Matches not being available?

Varth

Hey Sephi22, I think I fought you a few hours ago. MikeProtagonist, mostly playing Siegfried and Ivy.

You also tried to fight with me, but my connection isn't up to the task at home. The Hilde/Monk CAC. Registered you as a Rival, ince you and the other guy were the only ones I found online.

In Global Colloseo, tournament matches will not always be available (they will be made available based on day/time; on a weekly schedule).

Not sure where you heard about Ranked Matches not being available?

Someone on another forum linked to an article from SRK.

The other area is dedicated to the Ranked Match. It will not always active: will light up about 2 times a month, for a few days

I then read the OP here and noticed it mentioned something similar.

Global Coliseum - lobbies which hold up to 50 players, can queue for Random battle or Ranked match (available periodically)

So I was a bit worried. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
god DAMN patroklos hurts with meter. Really liking his moveset. Combos he gets with ex moves make the super not even worth doing in a combo.

V_Arnold

Oh, I am so happy that in just a few days, I can start beasting.

EU fighters, you have no idea what you are about to face. Soon(tm).

wasn't the DLC supposed to include all of the tracks from the respective games? I'm also confused by the catalogs available to purchse.

MrDaravon

In case no one clicked my link earlier.. Here's an example of why Natsu is a boss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUSwLcMLtFw

Opening combo lol.

And wait til' you guys see her WALL stuff.

I'm completely new to SC...is there any particular reason that she got more naked for the last round? lol

Cool video though, really on the fence about getting the game (more time than anything right now), will probably bite once the game goes completely wide and we have confirmation of the netcode not sucking.

kiryogi

Banned
Was it as a result of her just losing that round, or the particular attack that he did?

Result of a particular attack on certain parts of her body. If you sustain enough damage in one area, the clothes will come off. But thankfully, it's not as risque as SCIV was, what comes off is very minimal. I imagine why the top came off Natsu was due to the fact it's a CaS or edit.

MrDaravon

Result of a particular attack on certain parts of her body. If you sustain enough damage in one area, the clothes will come off. But thankfully, it's not as risque as SCIV was, what comes off is very minimal. I imagine why the top came off Natsu was due to the fact it's a CaS or edit.

PREORDER CANCELED

Varth

Question:
can you change colors on the regular characters? say like if I want Natu's hair to be black and stuff like that?

Yup.

Result of a particular attack on certain parts of her body.

Nope. This time around, it's just like the Guard Meter in other games. You turtle too much, armor breaks and you're left defenseless for a loooong second. Guard "meter" (just your bar flashing) also carries from one round to the other, IIRC.

LowParry

Drill hair = Amy confirmed?

Someone would have to look at Viola's profile and story info to see if there is any truth behind it.

And strangely enough, I'm liking the English VOs more thand the Japanese VOs. Though there are few characters that make me cringe.

scosher

Unless Xianghua's daughter plays exactly like her, I think I may pick up Natsu.

Never thought I'd say that.

How's Yoshi feel in this? He looks pretty much the same.

Leixia looks really strong as well. Has one of the most OP brave edges in the game that auto-steps, safe on block, and launches the opponent for a juggle.

From all the streams I've watched now, so far the only underwhelming character (and this could just be the person playing him) has been Mitsurugi and Ivy. Ivy seems a shell of her former SCIV self. Woahzzz, the guy who won tournaments with her said he's already dropping her for Patsuka.

Leixia looks really strong as well. Has one of the most OP brave edges in the game that auto-steps, safe on block, and launches the opponent for a juggle.

From all the streams I've watched now, so far the only underwhelming character (and this could just be the person playing him) has been Mitsurugi and Ivy. Ivy seems a shell of her former SCIV self. Woahzzz, the guy who won tournaments with her said he's already dropping her for Patsuka.

It hasn't even been day yet, let's wait a little bit until we make statements like that.

I really like the simplified Ivy, I always liked the character but all the stances were just too much for me to handle, so I hope she's still good.
I wonder if this is really a case of Ivy being bad or Patsuka being just too damn good though. He seems really strong from all the streams I've seen.

Arg. I hope I get this today, Canadapost says it's one town away but we're having crappy weather so I might not get it until tomorrow. The wait, it's killing me.

Top Bottom