• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Gamertag: DivineRage002, and I am terrible at this game.

Seriously, I am absolutely horrific at this game, and yet I absolutely adore it, and I come back crawling like a beaten wife each time a new one comes out.

Been using Patroklos for a bit and I like how the game seems to be a bit more combo oriented now.

It also seems that guard has some start up time if you spam it which I guess is why I was getting hit through it earlier. Playing a lot more patiently now.

Long time lurker, first time posting. Got a few hours of hands on time with the game and I love it so far. It feels like a return to the older Soul Calibur games with some new tricks such as the Critical Edge moves and etc. Is it me or does it seem like Viola would be amazing if she didn't have such shitty damage? I got my butt waxed pretty hard online last night because my moves just did no damage.

LowParry

My Devil Jean is complete and ready for online. This is a really fun game. I probably won't get to serious with it however but the fun factor is way way up there. Online is pretty solid too. The modes to go into specific cities is extremely nice. Always finding me 4 bar connections with folks in LA. Good fucking times! Best Soul Calibur since....1? lol

I'm having a blast playing this game so far. Ezio is op and I love his play style. His crossbow is ridiculously good. Also love the additions they've made, like the Critical Gauge. I've barely navigated through the online mode but I can easily tell it's very well done with a slick interface. Both player match and Colosseo feel tight and well made.

Story mode is really disappointing so far. All you do is fight, see some arts with voice over, then you select the next chapter, then another series of arts, then another fight, etc. Wish it had more meat on its bone, like the weapon master mode from SCII.

I also have a pretty poor opinion of the arcade mode. All you do is fight 6 characters, then you're done. No boss, no individual ending, nothing.

Quick match looks promising with all the titles you can unlock and I can't wait to unlock the Legendary Souls mode.

Graphics are superb. Love the god rays effect in a 60 fps game. Backrounds are very detailed for the most part, and the animation are as fluid as ever. Again, the interface is fucking slick.

I usually don't play online with a fighting game, but it's so well made that I will probably spend most of my time playing it.

Really impressed so far. My Collector's Edition is beautiful too !

Ken

Played a few minutes of training mode and I can tell this is going to be difficult game for me to pick up and learn.

Bob White

Hmmm, seems there's a glitch where I can't level up past rank C5 online. I'm ranked 4th. 1st place dude has rank A1 but 2nd and 3rd have their exp meters maxed out like mine is. Anyone know what's up?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL I have had the game for 10 minutes and I found an infinite with Viola already. Not that useful but still.. why is it in the game...

alstein

Is there a way to unlock Algol without playing Legendary Bullshit mode?

Get enough levels and you do unlock him. Also you can unlock by beating him in quick battle, which requires a lower level I believe.

Unsure cause I haven't gotten to him yet.

Roto13

Get enough levels and you do unlock him. Also you can unlock by beating him in quick battle, which requires a lower level I believe.

Unsure cause I haven't gotten to him yet.

So pretty much if I just keep playing I'll get him eventually. :p Good enough for me. I'm not exactly super excited to play as him, I just don't want a hole in my character select screen. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Flow just made a character called EMP_Trihorse
http://www.twitch.tv/eg_floe

lol dat damage

selb16.gif

Hey you act like this guys bite loop did damage LOL WAIT SO IF THIS IS IN THE 17TH CENTURY DOES THAT MEAN SHE TAUNT SLAYER HIS LOOP? O.O

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Now I don't want to use the r word, but I wonder is shit like this would have been ironed out had the game been given another year of dev time.

I'm sure it will be patched out. The zwei one is worse. He can do a lot more off it to fuck you over. The response on the video was funny though.

soakrates

Wow. Online is actually really good so far. I like the Global Colosseo a lot. My GT is Goddamn56kModem if anyone wants to hit me up for games. West coast is definitely preferred though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
haven't really watched it, just reposting from 8wayrun, youtube is blocked at work :/

is it easy to pull off?

Need to be in the corner. Once you knock them down ride your sword and STAY STILL. Grats you won.

How can you save your life once you are on the ground ? It seems like every time someone projects me on the ground, I never am fast enough to block / move away from the next hit. I've learned to use side roll, but even that isn't fast enough half the time.

Just block rolling around half the time will make you get hit.

How can you save your life once you are on the ground ? It seems like every time someone projects me on the ground, I never am fast enough to block / move away from the next hit. I've learned to use side roll, but even that isn't fast enough half the time.

Dreweyes

Almost didnt buy it at Target today... but when the clerk told me I got a instant $20 gift card I was immediately sold! Bomba for me! :D

EDIT:
PSN: Dreweyes

hteng

Banned

you can tech roll from certain knockdowns. hit G + up/down at the moment you hit the ground to perform a tech roll.

some knockdowns pin you to the ground though, so you can only do normal roll (up/down during grounded) before getting up.

there are some tech traps that catch you while tech rolling, so stay down if you find yourself getting repeatly launched after tech rolling.

you can tech roll from certain knockdowns. hit G + up/down at the moment you hit the ground to perform a tech roll.

some knockdowns pin you to the ground though, so you can only do normal roll (up/down during grounded) before getting up.

there are some tech traps that catch you while tech rolling, so stay down if you find yourself getting repeatly launched after tech rolling.

Thanks, will definitely give it a try.

Monocle

Legendary Souls mode should be renamed Bullshit Souls, or Fuck You, I'm Done Souls, or You Play Games to Have Fun, Right? Wrong! Souls.
Seriously, right? I've been stuck on Edgemaster for half an hour. Whose brilliant idea was it to give him Setsuka's style and make him punish everything with a combo that devours half of your life bar? When I get knocked down he goes insane and clobbers me into the floor as soon I move. This is absurd. Total fucking waste of my time.

Top Bottom