• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

mr_boo

Asking again because nobody answered.
Yes I believe you do ... at which levels and what characters I don't know...I only know this because I haven't used an Chinese Characters in my customs, but whenever I check it out, I see a long list of new Chinese Characters that were added (as indicated with a !). FYI, I'm currently at Level 40.

FinKL

Mitsu does good damage too :O and that low toe poke seems to fast to block on reaction.

OSHAN

I hate those drums. I was playing someone online using them and it was extremely difficult to identify their animations.

alstein

I dumped Raph for Asta. Raph seems to be worse then SC4 Mina, she had it rough but I could play with her.

Apparently SC5 tanked in Japan. Only 40k sales first week, SC4 did 100k in its first week.
(source: twitter for botoggle- fairly reliable source)

That said, according to the same source, UMVC3 had the same numbers.

Ferrio

Banned
I dumped Raph for Asta. Raph seems to be worse then SC4 Mina, she had it rough but I could play with her.

Apparently SC5 tanked in Japan. Only 40k sales first week, SC4 did 100k in its first week.

OUUUCH. Guess they need to step up the T&A department. My kitty Galore isn't slutty enough, how bout some nipple clamps or see through panties eh?!

Noaloha

Brap brap! Nah bruv!! Oh ma days!!!

The Armshouse stream (WorstGiefEver's channel, runs weekly London-based tournies of SSIVAE and UMvC3 on Tues and Thurs respectively) just went live with a new Soulcalibur night. http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse

Dunno what the UK scene for the game is like but, damn, it's an SCV stream at an EU friendly time. Score!

EDIT: Noriega, I've been wondering the same thing since I downloaded the catalogs myself. My guess is that it's not something you directly interract with (even though the description gives the impression that it's a list of items you can peruse through). I think it might just be a system unlock so that you can see other players' customisable items and hear their extra stage music choices if the items in question aren't ones you've purchased. Don't take that as anything other than the guess that it is though.

How do I unlock this? I'm totally using it. That is some of that cheap stuff, yessss.

SiegfriedFM said level 46. I don't have it yet.

Also, those week 1 sales are kinda sad I guess. I wish it sold better over there. SC seems like a NA/EU series to me in popularity though. Maybe because there is never an arcade version (or timely one).

Well guess online is a complete bust for me. I wasn't expecting the greatest connection, given that I'm on a wireless connection, but I can't even get a match to stay connected to completion amd tonight I can't even get a few seconds into the first round before it drops.

sleepykyo

That skimping on guest artists.

scosher

Those numbers are awful :(. Then again, Japan was never big on the SC-scene to begin with, and this iteration catered more to the NA/European market than ever before (where Project Soul even flew out to NA or Europe to promote the game). I think the success of the game will depend mostly on whether the competitive scene for it grows and attracts new players. The early reviews on the lousy single player and the deflating hype from the last 3 character reveals probably didn't help initial sales either.

GrayFoxPL

Man I hate 8way run system.

Obviously standard of the series, but seriously you dash for fraction of second or sidestep and want to do simple directional move and bam some slow ass 8way run move comes out.
Fucks up my crouch dash so bad, especially online, where it seems to register badly too often. I go for ewgf in critical moment and that retarded slow ass arm swing comes out. ><

I definitely need control rigidity in my fighters.

Damn, I didn't realize the replays overwrite themselves while temporary, I lost few good ones.

CSX

Man I hate 8way run system.

Obviously standard of the series, but seriously you dash for fraction of second or sidestep and want to do simple directional move and bam some slow ass 8way run move comes out.
Fucks up my crouch dash so bad, especially online, where it seems to register badly too often. I go for ewgf in critical moment and that retarded slow ass arm swing comes out. ><

I definitely need control rigidity in my fighters.

Damn, I didn't realize the replays overwrite themselves while temporary, I lost few good ones.

Whats worse is going for wavedash and ewgf and nothing happens cuz...game is saying you are inputting 236 X____X

alstein

Those numbers are awful :(. Then again, Japan was never big on the SC-scene to begin with, and this iteration catered more to the NA/European market than ever before (where Project Soul even flew out to NA or Europe to promote the game). I think the success of the game will depend mostly on whether the competitive scene for it grows and attracts new players. The early reviews on the lousy single player and the deflating hype from the last 3 character reveals probably didn't help initial sales either.

A competitive community can't carry a AAA fighter by themselves commercially.

Also, I can see the competitive community turning on this game if the balance issues don't get resolved either via patch or people figuring something out.

sleepykyo

A competitive community can't carry a AAA fighter by themselves commercially.

Also, I can see the competitive community turning on this game if the balance issues don't get resolved either via patch or people figuring something out.
There is a balance issue ? I haven't seen any domination but I haven't watched any Euro streams yet.

Skilletor

There is a balance issue ? I haven't seen any domination but I haven't watched any Euro streams yet.

I think first month is a bit early to be talking about balance issues. Always amusing to me when people insist on doing so. Week 1 assumptions are just knee jerk reactions.

We'll see what happens at the first major.

GrayFoxPL

I thought I'll go insane trying to beat Edge Master in Legendary Souls. Devil Jin has no range, Setsuka Master fucking a lot! Every move I made was punished into 50%+ combo, so two moves blocked and I'm dead. I was stuck on him embarrassingly long until I tried a retarded air laser combo that surprisingly works on AI every time (and on most online players). I never thought about using it because in T6 this shit never worked, not even against AI and meant suicide. Freaking lol. After discovering that rest of legendary souls was super easy.

zlatko

Banned
I thought I'll go insane trying to beat Edge Master in Legendary Souls. Devil Jin has no range, Setsuka Master fucking a lot! Every move I made was punished into 50%+ combo, so two moves blocked and I'm dead. I was stuck on him embarrassingly long until I tried a retarded air laser combo that surprisingly works on AI every time (and on most online players). I never thought about using it because in T6 this shit never worked, not even against AI and meant suicide. Freaking lol. After discovering that rest of legendary souls was super easy.

Tell me this combo kind sir.

Noaloha

I've spent far more time than I care to divulge trying to find Algol in Quick Match.

I started looking for him at Lv13. I switched opponent strength to Intermediate. I searched against New Opponent First. I looked in the Europe region. I ensured I had a three game win streak against other Quick Battle AIs. And I couldn't find the elusive git. Just endless Charlottes and Saitohs and DEATHDEALERS and Erikas and TERAMOSs and Becks and Kingvoldo222s and GuardianWolfs and blah yadda blah blah. And I've been rummaging through this pile of AIs for the final character unlock of Algol for a few days now.

Suffice to say, I felt like a bit of a tit a few minutes ago when I noticed TERAMOS's fighting style.

*-.-

"How much damage does that do? I always feel like an ass with tira's 3B, 4A, CE. So easy and the damage very nice (110?)"

165. Clean hit on the second part of the CE bumps it to 202-3.

Edit: It's not the same combo, SolarKnight, but the damage is pretty much the same (1 point off, IIRC).

Ferrio

Banned
"How much damage does that do? I always feel like an ass with tira's 3B, 4A, CE. So easy and the damage very nice (110?)"

165. Clean hit on the second part of the CE bumps it to 202-3.

Edit: It's not the same combo, SolarKnight, but the damage is pretty much the same (1 point off, IIRC).

How easy is it to hit with his 66B?

Well, I don't know if it's the same combo, but with some luck he can do this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fihUtnS0dE0&list=UUYU-VZsQb2JATBeXGP4pBfA&index=2&feature=plcp

No way that's a true combo right? He could of rolled/blocked that?

"How easy is it to hit with his 66B?"

It's linear so it can be sidestepped, but it's really safe on block (-4), tech crouches a bit, Relatively quick, so it's something that can be used abusively so long as you can keep people from wanting to sidestep.

"No way that's a true combo right? He could of rolled/blocked that?"

It's a "true" combo. You can still ukemi, but the CE tech traps so you eat it anyway.

Ferrio

Banned
"How easy is it to hit with his 66B?"

It's linear so it can be sidestepped, but it's really safe on block (-4), tech crouches a bit, Relatively quick, so it's something that can be used abusively so long as you can keep people from wanting to sidestep.

"No way that's a true combo right? He could of rolled/blocked that?"

It's a "true" combo. You can still ukemi, but the CE tech traps so you eat it anyway.

Oh didn't realize it took two bars though, that's not that bad then. First I was wondering who he fuck thought that was balanced.

jmdajr

Just wanted to say....

The first time I (ever) turned on my Dreamcast and watched the Soulcalibur intro with a dorm room full of friends on my giant Sony Trinitron.. was one of the greatest moments/memories in my history of gaming. At the time it was like...."Shit..it doesn't get better than this." And truly, those moments don't happen often.

please continue...

"Oh didn't realize it took two bars though, that's not that bad then. First I was wondering who he fuck thought that was balanced."

Yep, that's the caveat. That said, it's a really good "match ender." When you're up on match point and got 2 bars, it's a pretty decisive blow.

Top Bottom