• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Xav

Wow, never touching Legendary mode again. Impossible to beat without some cheap tactic I'm assuming.

In my experience you're basically just playing a god like AI, I wouldn't actually call it cheap to be honest. It's not like you're going into battle with a disadvantage like say Tower of Souls in Soulcalibur IV. The CPU just kicks your ass, plain and simple whereas in Soulcalibur III extremely hard difficulty actually felt like the CPU was just programmed to read my moves and counter them.
Can't say I've found any cheap tactics to use in Legendary Souls mode so far, just keep playing & learning from it. First time I faced Edge Master I honestly thought you couldn't beat the guy but now he don't scare me as much.

kiryogi

Banned
You seemed impressed by her assets.

Ya I started Ast since everytime I went up against one I got my ass handed to me. Needed to figure out how he works.

I don't know if impressed is the right word. The size of her chest looked unhealthy. lol.

Ferrio

Banned
If it's as shitty as your other CAS I dont look forward to it xD

They're truley horrendous actually. Ast's default size is the biggest possible, and I guess in CaS it doesn't scale the head at the same size as the body. She has this huge body and chest, small little head. Looks fucking stupid as hell, but least it isn't sonic!

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Hmm. Finally figured out why everyone I was fighting was in their skivvies. Turns out I had my privacy stuff cranked too high so that the games weren't allowed to share data or something. Odd. Never manifested like that in SC IV.

notworksafe

I'd be in to play tonight...ranked matches are kinda weak.

Who's the best person to message for getting into the PSN chat?

EDIT: Sent Ferrio a PSN message.

I hate the stages with never-ending backrounds where there are multiple layered sections, like you can keep moving into any direction and it will never end. TTT on PS2 is guilty of the same thing, and I was a bit confused and disappointed that Namco had to do the same for SC5.

Still like the game. Just a small nitpick.

Ferrio

Banned
I hate the stages with never-ending backrounds where there are multiple layered sections, like you can keep moving into any direction and it will never end. TTT on PS2 is guilty of the same thing, and I was a bit confused and disappointed that Namco had to do the same for SC5.

Still like the game. Just a small nitpick.

How else do you make an endless stage?

Dueck

Banned
I don't know if this warrants a new topic or not, but I initiated one over at 8wayrun where we're submitting our own arcade endings, and it has turned into a pretty good topic so far.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/no-arcade-endings-lets-make-our-own.11085/

Feel free to read or contribute to it, or we could always have our own going on here as well. We'll wait and see.

Here's mine for AEON:

Nightmare falls before the unrelenting fury of Aeon's wrath. The voice in his head screaming "devour!" over and over again, Aeon succumbs to its wishes. Just before he can take his first bite, the voice yells: "No... Not him..." Just then, Aeon sees the Soul Edge lying a few feet away, weakened by Nightmare's defeat. "Retake what you have lost," the voice commands, "all at once!"

Aeon knows what he must do, and begins smashing the Soul Edge into shards, which he then eats in a frenzy. "Good... Good..." continues the voice, "I tired of that old husk. Now they will see what a true nightmare is!" His memories restored, but now controlled by the demonic forces the Soul Edge, Aeon felt deceived, but ultimately at peace with his new situation. "All of those who stood in my way, or called me an animal, your souls will be mine!"

His blades now possessed with the power of the Soul Edge, and given memories old and armor new, Aeon sets off to satiate their need for death.

I also wrote ones for Ivy, Hilde, and Dampierre, which are in the topic link. I can post them here if anyone requests it.

Ok, scratch what I originally said. This is what the guide says:

Huh? Isn't the manga a starter one or am I confusing it with another one.

I don't know if this warrants a new topic or not, but I initiated one over at 8wayrun where we're submitting our own arcade endings, and it has turned into a pretty good topic so far.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/no-arcade-endings-lets-make-our-own.11085/

Feel free to read or contribute to it, or we could always have our own going on here as well. We'll wait and see.

Here's mine for AEON:

Nightmare falls before the unrelenting fury of Aeon's wrath. The voice in his head screaming "devour!" over and over again, Aeon succumbs to its wishes. Just before he can take his first bite, the voice yells: "No... Not him..." Just then, Aeon sees the Soul Edge lying a few feet away, weakened by Nightmare's defeat. "Retake what you have lost," the voice commands, "all at once!"

Aeon knows what he must do, and begins smashing the Soul Edge into shards, which he then eats in a frenzy. "Good... Good..." continues the voice, "I tired of that old husk. Now they will see what a true nightmare is!" His memories restored, but now controlled by the demonic forces the Soul Edge, Aeon felt deceived, but ultimately at peace with his new situation. "All of those who stood in my way, or called me an animal, your souls will be mine!"

His blades now possessed with the power of the Soul Edge, and given memories old and armor new, Aeon sets off to satiate their need for death.

I also wrote ones for Ivy, Hilde, and Dampierre, which are in the topic link. I can post them here if anyone requests it.

Your Dampierre ending is the best one. By far.

Dueck

Banned
Huh? Isn't the manga a starter one or am I confusing it with another one.

Your Dampierre ending is the best one. By far.

Thanks. I rather liked it myself. It was tricky to come up with a premise.

--- Here it is, for anyone wondering...

Lord Geo Dampierre

While acting confident and unsurprised by his victory over Nightmare, nobody was actually more in shock than the man himself, Lord Geo Dampierre. He confronted the Soul Edge with a proposition: "Le Bello has quite a brilliant idea." The evil sword's eye met with his, interested in what a mere mortal could possibly offer it.

"There are countless people in this world who need the power you can offer. Many of them have quite deep pockets, and we can exploit this with a meeting... their last..." Dampierre continues, "you don't turn me into an abomination like that Nightmare, and I'll make sure you feast on the finest blood and souls the aristocracy has to offer. Not just anyone can do what I do, you see. There's a certain... charisma... required for such delicate measures. Think of it: the greatest mind and the most menacing blade... TOGETHER! If that doesn't sound appealing, wait until you hear this: we'll even produce forgeries of the Soul Calibur, luring the brave and foolhardy straight to us. You get their souls... I get to pretend they're still alive and ransom their bodies back to their naive loved ones."

The eye blinked, as Dampierre nervously picked up the Soul Edge, unsure if he was about to lose himself. The Alchemist of the Ages, the Artistic Genius, the Miraculous Psychic... All meaningless titles compared to his newest: the man who conned the Soul Edge itself to do his bidding. The bond formed when he grasped the hilt tightly was a powerful one. Both of them knew it, and felt like two kindred spirits. Dampierre twiddled his mustache and smirked at the blade's glance. "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"

STHawk

Neo Member
Waiting for this week to end. I ordered a Qanba Q4 from Arcade Shock and I won a SCV stick off of Filipino Champ's FGTV stream last night. ( http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive ) My other sticks have broken so now I will have quality sticks at the house at all times. I can't play this game on a pad. I feel really dumb trying to link on a pad. It doesn't feel natural.

later this week, I would like to join in on the PSN Chat fun.

I left my PS3 on at home, so ignore that for today lol. but later this week, I am coming in ;)

Top Bottom