• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Skilletor

What happened, Skilletor? I was online for five hours or so tonight. C'mon, I need that Natsu training!

Sorry, man. I got more homework than I thought. Had to get it done last night since I won't have time tonight. :(

Let's play Thursday. We can play a long set. I have a tourney on Saturday. Need some practice.

maomaoIYP

I sat down, gritted my teeth, and played through legendary souls mode. I got stuck at Elysium for a full hour, beat Algol in a few tries, and realized that.....there was no achievement for beating this shitty shitty mode.

And Elysium is the fucking cheapest piece of shit, it's the Namco equivalent of a SNK boss.

I sat down, gritted my teeth, and played through legendary souls mode. I got stuck at Elysium for a full hour, beat Algol in a few tries, and realized that.....there was no achievement for beating this shitty shitty mode.

Well, there's something about Brave Edges for that mode IIRC at least...

And Elysium is the fucking cheapest piece of shit, it's the Namco equivalent of a SNK boss.

Full screen multi-hit super included!

I stopped with this mode when I achieved the Trophy of end a match with a BE, I was just trying to cheap in an Astaroth 66K BE at the end of the 3rd Round to get the trophy.

Got the trophy then quit this silly mode

maomaoIYP

Well, there's something about Brave Edges for that mode IIRC at least...

Full screen multi-hit super included!

Yeah there is that Brave Edge achievement, which I DIDN'T get. So I'm going to have to fight Kilik till I get it tomorrow.

Goddamned instant, full screen, combos while enemy is floating or on the ground super. Every combo she lands is at least 50% of your health gone. Not to mention every 236B she does is 90% of the time the best JF version, which rings out really easily on that tiny stage from round 3 onwards.

Yeah there is that Brave Edge achievement, which I DIDN'T get. So I'm going to have to fight Kilik till I get it tomorrow.

Goddamned instant, full screen, combos while enemy is floating or on the ground super. Every combo she lands is at least 50% of your health gone. Not to mention every 236B she does is 90% of the time the best JF version, which rings out really easily on that tiny stage from round 3 onwards.

some douche on Ranking picked Elliseum and was building up meter to do the CE in later rounds to seal the deal

WTF is with this characters legal online?

GrayFoxPL

Fuck this shit! I get 2 matches per 10 minutes!

Network Error.

Network Error.

Network Error.

Network Error.

Network Error.

Unable to find opponent.

Unable to find opponent.

Unable to find opponent.

Unable to find opponent.

Unable to find opponent.

Network Error.

Fuck. This. Shit.

:(((((((

Maxi is awesome.

TDLink

New DLC out today:

CaS Parts:

Dragon Head, Tiger Head, Tiger Hood, Goat Head, Kimono, Isis skirt and top, Dragon tattoos

Video: www.heavy.com/yt/?v=4Sxmzhqc-nQ&pid=8wayrun

Music: (Available as packs by game or individual tracks)

BRAVE SWORD, BRAVER SOUL (SC2)
HUBRIS (SC2)
RAISE THY SWORD (SC2)
GUIDED BY WIND (SC2)
CONFRONTATION (SC2)

EPHEMERAL DREAM (SC3)
COURAGE ABLAZE (SC3)
ENDLESS WARFARE (SC3)
TIME MARCHES ON (SC3)
FORESAKEN SANCTUARY (SC3)

Mognet

I actually got some decent online matches in earlier with some fellow aussies. Good fun!

even though I lost all my matches!

GrayFoxPL

What is wrong with your connection, man? I have yet to see an error message in SCV when searching for online match.

Nothing wrong according to T6, MK, SF4, BB, etc. Even SC4 connected matches well, this doesn't.

I have DMZ or 30+ ports forwarded depending on need.

New DLC out today:

CaS Parts:

Dragon Head, Tiger Head, Tiger Hood, Goat Head, Kimono, Isis skirt and top, Dragon tattoos

Video: www.heavy.com/yt/?v=4Sxmzhqc-nQ&pid=8wayrun

Music: (Available as packs by game or individual tracks)

BRAVE SWORD, BRAVER SOUL (SC2)
HUBRIS (SC2)

RAISE THY SWORD (SC2)
GUIDED BY WIND (SC2)
CONFRONTATION (SC2)

EPHEMERAL DREAM (SC3)
COURAGE ABLAZE (SC3)
ENDLESS WARFARE (SC3)
TIME MARCHES ON (SC3)
FORESAKEN SANCTUARY (SC3)

bolded the tracks that I will buy,
they missing tons of good ones :S

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I think you have to beat Algol with a brave edge.

Ferrio

Banned
I guess CaS characters even on the biggest model don't have the same reach as Asta. Lady Axe will have to be shelved when I'm losing!

alstein

I guess CaS characters even on the biggest model don't have the same reach as Asta. Lady Axe will have to be shelved when I'm losing!

I think the actual reach is Asta's, but the sprite doesn't match. I've seen telekinetic throws.

That said, I ran into someone who could JG Asta's pokes online. Takes away so many options.

sleepykyo

I think the actual reach is Asta's, but the sprite doesn't match. I've seen telekinetic throws.

That said, I ran into someone who could JG Asta's pokes online. Takes away so many options.

The second hit of the series or he could see the first hit in bullet time and turned into Neo?

alstein

The second hit of the series or he could see the first hit in bullet time and turned into Neo?

First hits of slower, but still varying speed, single attacks. I wasn't being stupid.

Ate about 4-5 JG's.

Yeah guy probably deserved those JG's, but it's no fun to deal with this.

man, I had some good Mitsu matches with a fellow gaffer. Learned so much. Need to keep working at my Astoroth...So good. I'll be on all night GAF. ShinobiFist is my GT on LIVE.

WatTsu

Finally finished the story mode (it got easier when I decided to just skip all the cutscenes that weren't actually CG). I love the rest of the game but I honestly cannot remember when I have hated a main character this much. Patroklos and his sister are both insufferable.

Thank goodness that part is out of the way so I can focus on the good stuff.

Guesong

Wasn't even Q.

I don't have a problem with being clearly outmatched, but when you know you will stomp players, at least have the decency of picking a new char for yourself instead of picking your obvious two main characters to stomp newbies.

That's my 2 cents anyhow.

Guesong

Why should someone pick a different character if they want to play the character they're playing? What does that have to do with decency?

Because where is the fun in stomping people with your progosu character, for either party involved?

You're obviously not getting fun hitting a moving target practice duck with your progosu 16 hits 150 % bar combos, and I'm not having fun either. So why?

To put it in HoN terms moody, why would you send Loki as Fayde mid versus me when I said before the game "hey guys, I'd like to try out this new hero I haven't played yet mid"?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It is hard to tell if someone doesn't know the match up, or just new to the game. When someone got hit by the same trick over and over, I assume that they want learn how to counter it. So I will keep spamming the same move.

Most character have 2-3 hit easy combo that do more damage than any viola 16 hit combo, it shouldn't be that hard to grind a few bread and butter in training mode.

kiryogi

Banned
It is hard to tell if someone doesn't know the match up, or just new to the game. When someone got hit by the same trick over and over, I assume that they want learn how to counter it. So I will keep spamming the same move.

Most character have 2-3 hit easy combo that do more damage than any viola 16 hit combo, it shouldn't be that hard to grind a few bread and butter in training mode.

OH so it was your Viola. lol And yeah, I like getting spammed as it does teach me to learn and work around it.

Guess it depends on the person, but if I'm getting decimated by someone the last thing I want them to do is switch it up to another character. I want to figure their shit out, as well as analyze what it is I'm doing to get caught in it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
OH so it was your Viola. lol And yeah, I like getting spammed as it does teach me to learn and work around it.

I don't think it was me, I never do any of the large BE combo. Critical edge, then walk behind them for a untechable back throw is a lot better =p

Fighting games aren't HoN. You don't have 4 other people to go mid, you don't spend weeks training to play one specific hero and you don't need tons of experience with one specific hero vs another specific hero. Poor analogy.

Guesong

Fighting games aren't HoN. You don't have 4 other people to go mid, you don't spend weeks training to play one specific hero and you don't need tons of experience with one specific hero vs another specific hero. Poor analogy.

It's actually an excellent analogy when you don't think like you do. Since I believe in the opposite, we'll agree to disagree.

alstein

Because where is the fun in stomping people with your progosu character, for either party involved?

You're obviously not getting fun hitting a moving target practice duck with your progosu 16 hits 150 % bar combos, and I'm not having fun either. So why?

To put it in HoN terms moody, why would you send Loki as Fayde mid versus me when I said before the game "hey guys, I'd like to try out this new hero I haven't played yet mid"?

Sometimes you're practicing execution with your main. Often, my weird stuff I try in fighters comes from when I've stomped someone, and start experimenting, to see if something silly works. As for the other guy, it's often no fun for them, so if I know I'm outclassing someone, I tend to experiment with chars I want to try myself.

That said, if I don't know someone, I'm reluctant to sandbag, cause all too often I've paid the price and gotten tauntmail, which is irritating. If I do know them, usually they're better then me so I can't sandbag.

Also, sometimes you're so much above the other person, that it doesn't matter what you do, you're going to stomp the person no matter what.

You can't do as much experimenting in SCV, because the movelists are so sparse though.

notworksafe

I almost always will play as my main or sub character in any fighting game. If I'm playing against someone I know I can beat (very few people lol) I'll usually try out new techniques/combos that I've been working on but aren't ready to use in real games.

And I'm fully against being sandbagged. I prefer that someone go all out when we're playing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is pretty arguable depending on how you define "play," and where you draw the line with mashing and taking stuff seriously/professionally.

sleepykyo

You´re right. It isn't fun just stomping people . And that shouldn´t happen long term . Eventually you pick up on the habits and openings . Or just ask‚ most players will offer what could have been differently .

Skilletor

I don't care that you're getting stomped. I play characters I want to play because I want to play them. If you're not learning, that's not my fault. I'm not going to change what I like doing just because you're not good enough to adapt.

My 2 cents.

Top Bottom