• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

kiryogi

Banned
GGs Ferrio! Thanks for the Astaroth xp! I'll post beatdown videos later lol, feeling lazy today.

Now I wish there was an easier way to copy photos from PS3. . . I want to showoff my modern wardrobe for the ladies XD

GrayFoxPL

GGs Ferrio! Thanks for the Astaroth xp! I'll post beatdown videos later lol, feeling lazy today.

Now I wish there was an easier way to copy photos from PS3. . . I want to showoff my modern wardrobe for the ladies XD

Memory sticks are cheap as borshch. I just bought one for sole purpose of moving SCV pics and vids from ps3.

Roto13

Cheap USB drive is the way to go for transferring pictures, but you can also upload them directly to sites like Imgur from your PS3's web browser.

Well, I'm talking more about stuff that I should be getting punished for doing, but I'm not, rather than mixups that are impossible to react to online.

Like, doing his K follow up to AA or 6B, or stuff like that. I'm just interested in knowing if they're bad habits that I should be dropping, like ending a blockstring with a Hayate with Makoto in SFIV for example.

For some reference of how I play just watch go to about 18minutes here.

Well, what I do know I need to stop doing is trying to GI with B+K, the GI activates pretty late and it has costed me plenty of matches -__-

zlatko

Banned
I agree with the discussion on the other page about someone switching to a different character after bodying you free. It just makes it harder to learn too if they switch to characters they still know how to play too. Some people can body you free with gimmicks and you just need a few games to get adjusted.

Nothing made me feel shittier though than playing someone in my earlier days of SF4 where they just kept doing random select and completely destroying me. :(

GrayFoxPL

I agree with the discussion on the other page about someone switching to a different character after bodying you free. It just makes it harder to learn too if they switch to characters they still know how to play too. Some people can body you free with gimmicks and you just need a few games to get adjusted.

Nothing made me feel shittier though than playing someone in my earlier days of SF4 where they just kept doing random select and completely destroying me. :(

I need few matches to adjust. I almost always lose first 2-3 matches. Yesterday guy sends me invite, I get bodied 3-0 with perfect even and then go on 10+ win streak. Dude must've been pissed.

Xav

Anyone have any tips in regards to dealing with Astaroth players, I find it hard sometimes to get close and when I do a number of his attacks have big push back upon blocking. Some players are pretty good at keeping me on my toes with their high & low mind games. Whilst I feel Natsu does too much damage & Nightmare is just a little too good all around it's Astaroth who causes me the most trouble. Xiba is the character that I currently use.

Dave1988

I need few matches to adjust. I almost always lose first 2-3 matches. Yesterday guy sends me invite, I get bodied 3-0 with perfect even and then go on 10+ win streak. Dude must've been pissed.

That dude was me and I have no problems with losing since I'm still adjusting to SCV. I'm currently looking for a new main since Amy didn't make it into SCV and everyone that did make it in just doesn't feel the same way that they did in SCIV.

Ferrio

Banned
That dude was me and I have no problems with losing since I'm still adjusting to SCV. I'm currently looking for a new main since Amy didn't make it into SCV and everyone that did make it in just doesn't feel the same way that they did in SCIV.

Hey she's in there... not quite the same but she's there!

Coxy

Just hit #10 in the world at legendary souls, beating Daishi_CALIBUR by nearly a full minute, do I get to make Soul Calibur 6 now? I'll totally put Hwang and Talim back in you guys

GrayFoxPL

I remember you, I don't think we played that long. I was invited 2 more times that day. You were good btw.

kiryogi

Banned
:O Dave actually plays? I see him early morning but never a peep XD And hes good?! I wanna play him!

Also, thanks for accepting invite Soakrates. Will play you soon enough XD Tomorrow maybe? Seems late now D:

And Grayfox, I don't think I have you on PSN?

Rising_Hei

hey! is there anyone that's bad and wants to "learn" or some middle skiller player :p

I was pretty good at most Soul Calibur myself, but with the changes they introduced in this one and the input lag this has i see myself too often and as sandbag and i want to learn properly too. (Just got it yesterday)

Send me an mp and i'll give my psn id, i won't be able to play until later today though

GrayFoxPL

A ha ha ha ha ....ha.

I'm going coo coo!

When I thought I finally got rid of network error shitfeast, today I got my net speed up six times, and again network errors begun, long searching and the bars went from 4 to 3 with Germany.

The fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?!

If this shit won't work tomorrow, I'm giving up. This got way too tiresome.

Oh and the game started finding matches with Americans instead of Europeans.

Coo coo!

Doomshine

After watching a bunch of SCV streams now I have to say that if this game doesn't take off competitively in the US it's not the game's or the SC community's fault.

It has flash, hype, 2d elements, good commentators and streams (which T6 did NOT have for a long time) e.t.c. It deserves to do well.

Top Bottom