• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

JKTrix

oL6uS.jpg

Born to be a Setsuka/Alpha Pat player.

scosher

GGs, scosher. I haven't seen anyone use regular Pyrrha seriously before

Yeah, thanks for the invite.

I don't even like playing Pyrrha, but I mained Sophitia in past SC's, so learned her first. She's so boring to play but her stab punisher is so damn good. Probably going to practice Tira more since she seems more fun to play, but I still have no clue what to do in her Jolly stance.

You've got a good Sieg. I always forget about his multiple ring out options.

GrayFoxPL

Woah, High level Mitsurugi is definitely Anti-Maxi. Met couple of them today.

It's many of Mitsu moves easily avoid maxi's punishes, like they were designed to, like fitting lego blocks.

I'd like to learn Sieg next but seeing how he and Nightmare are free to my Maxi I don't know if I should bother.

shiroryu

Needing to grind out creation parts is annoying, but it's miles better than VF5 where you get measly prizes if you win, 50G if you lose, and the random chance to get a creation unlock in a treasure battle.

Alx

Needing to grind out creation parts is annoying, but it's miles better than VF5 where you get measly prizes if you win, 50G if you lose, and the random chance to get a creation unlock in a treasure battle.

Everything is made easier in SC5 compared to VF5 : finding new opponents, unlocking stuff, leveling up... it also makes it a bit too easy in my opinion. I liked how in VF you had a different career for each character, it adds to the replay value and the investment in mastering a fighting style.

I'm still ok with how SC does it though, since I don't intend to spend as much time on that game than I did on VF (which is currently the only game I completed to 1000/1000)

thundr51

Having done some Ranked for a while, I feel like I've hit a wall with Aeon in C-Rank. The Futurepress guide is no help, since their entire strategy is to tell me to "wait for the other guy to fuck up then punish". Which, when dealing with dial-a-combo 'Frieds or Algos or Nattys, doesn't leave me a lot of openings to exploit.

Granted, I'm fighting a lot of ingrained habits from having played Soul Calibur at the arcades for a long time, I still keep trying to GI the old fashioned way, and for some reason I flub the twoscoops for Aeon's useless CE probably 80% of the time online. In training mode I have no issues, but online I drop the CE like it's made of barf.

I'm looking for some regulars to play with on the East coast, to build up some confidence again and just have some fun for once, instead of being frustrated at my inability to deal with what seems to be the legions of 400+ wins in Ranked all exploiting the same cheap rush mixups.

XBL tag: Space Bowser

I'll play a couple of matches with you. I haven't done anything in ranked so if nothing else you can get a few quick wins. GT ThundR

I kept being matched up against a Xiba last night that had 5 bars on the accept screen, but 1 bar in the match, every. single. time. I fought five matches against him, never getting more than a few rounds before he'd spam me with cheap mixups I couldn't predict due to the lag.

How I've not managed to destroy my TE stick yet is a miracle.

I kept being matched up against a Xiba last night that had 5 bars on the accept screen, but 1 bar in the match, every. single. time. I fought five matches against him, never getting more than a few rounds before he'd spam me with cheap mixups I couldn't predict due to the lag.

Lag switcher?

Perhaps, but I'm hesitant to think that way, otherwise you start thinking everyone is a lag switcher, when in reality, most people just seem to have really piss-poor connections or weird router setups that misreport their pings.

I'm quite shocked, actually, at how bad most people's connections are, when playing with people on the same coast.

FartOfWar

Banned
Played something like 25+ Xiba's today. Yep Killik is back.

My Reptile against one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtBdoaxEdVE

Here is my first ever fight clip with custom added music. Was surprisingly pain in the ass to make. Probably will be taken down soon so please take a look while it's still there :D.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmBvxtl52I

That first vid looks like every ranked match I end up in. A shitty Xiba who spams 66BBB and BB, gets demolished then tries a crit edge in the third round. All that's missing is Xiba disconnecting two hits before you sweep him in the third round.

I've gotten to level 56 by just playing ranked and player matches. I wish there more pieces, or I wish there was a Sauron mask, unless I am missing it.

GrayFoxPL

That first vid looks like every ranked match I end up in. A shitty Xiba who spams 66BBB and BB, gets demolished then tries a crit edge in the third round. All that's missing is Xiba disconnecting two hits before you sweep him in the third round.

Killik players finally gave up crying and found a new Killik.

Yup. Yup. :)

I'm trying to work JGs into my game. Had to answer a phone call. We can play again tonight if you're around.
Yeah, I saw a couple of JGs pop up. I'm not ready to try them out against Natsu yet. I can do them decently enough on the slower characters just on reaction but she's going to take some very specific training. I mostly just need to work on my manual dexterity. I know what to do, when to do it, but my damn hands let me down half of the time (even in practice mode). I'm not even close to maximizing my opportunities and it can be frustrating, especially in a game as easy to play as SoulCalibur.

I probably won't be on much (if at all) in the next couple days since I've got homework tonight and will be watching UFC on Saturday.

Mista Koo

Started playing the game a couple days ago (as in other than CaS mode) with actual human beings. My win rate is <10%, and this was supposedly the fighting game I can play D:
Most of my wins came from Edge Master or Kilik, if I can't predict me they can't either.

Here's my most impressive achievement in the game, I remade Talim:
fGV28.jpg

Started playing the game a couple days ago (as in other than CaS mode) with actual human beings. My win rate is <10%, and this was supposedly the fighting game I can play D:
Most of my wins came from Edge Master or Kilik, if I can't predict me they can't either.

Here's my most impressive achievement in the game, I remade Talim:
fGV28.jpg

I havent played around with the creator, but is there a way to trim those shoulders down? Those shoulders are wayyyy to wide

NeonZ

I havent played around with the creator, but is there a way to trim those shoulders down? Those shoulders are wayyyy to wide

IIRC, reducing the upper arms also reduces the shoulders a bit.

Khezu

Finally got this game.
Played about 6 hours so far, REALLY like it.

Ended up playing as the character I thought I would hate the most, natsu. I still think her P1 costume is awful, but p2 is cool, and I made some custom outfits for her. So far how does she hold up compared to the rest of the cast?

Also what are some good moves of her's? Right now I have stuck to a few ones I found useful.

A,A,B
4A+B6, 8B+G
A,6 just frame thing
66K (Don't think this is very good though, but it looks cool)
1A
8A+B
2B+K,K,A
A+G,A+B+K (Still kinda getting used to the brave edge stuff)

Probably some others I forgot.

Finally got this game.
Played about 6 hours so far, REALLY like it.

Ended up playing as the character I thought I would hate the most, natsu. I still think her P1 costume is awful, but p2 is cool, and I made some custom outfits for her. So far how does she hold up compared to the rest of the cast?

Early rumblings is that she is one of the best characters in the game so you're ok on that front.

BTW random noob Mitsu question. I've seen people use a feint move where he spins around but actually doesn't attack. What is the command for that? I don't think I've seen it in his move list unless I'm blind.

scosher

Early rumblings is that she is one of the best characters in the game so your ok on that front.

BTW random noob Mitsu question. I've seen people use a feint move where he spins around but actually doesn't attack. What is the command for that? I don't think I've seen it in his move list unless I'm blind.

66A+B, G -- Have to cancel early though.

Khezu

I know its probably been said a lot, but man, this is like the best online I have seen in a fighter. Only played like 10 matches so far though.

Hope it keeps this up.

Rising_Hei

was he russian?

Can anyone give me advice or point me in the direction of how to learn alpha pat's moveset? I just created an incredible custom samurai girl character and now all I want to do is learn how to actually play this game instead of pressing random buttons...

Can anyone give me advice or point me in the direction of how to learn alpha pat's moveset? I just created an incredible custom samurai girl character and now all I want to do is learn how to actually play this game instead of pressing random buttons...

You could start by going through his moveset in practice mode.

Or you could read through this thread.

shaowebb

Got this and I've been playing. Game is good. Feels better than 4 IMO, and creation mode is awesome.

However, the story is...well...um...
Hmm.
Okay, I'll just sum up the story with an image.
A1MbU.jpg

Yeah thats about what I got out of the story and main character's personality.

hteng

Banned

alpha pat has incredible potential but he's also one of the hardest characters to master due to his stringent moves, most of his damage come from just frame inputs, so if you aren't familiar with it then you'll have a long road ahead of you.

to put things into prespective, imagine inputting A in the first frame and B in the second frame, no overlappings allowed, no slow inputs allow, everything must be perfect. a frame is 1/60 of second.

Top Bottom