• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh baby

1394403091411uyqg6.gif

Space Runaway Ideon. iunderstoodthatreference.gif

TheRancor

Huh? I thought Ep. 11 was the library book/intergalactic war episode?

This should be #12 looking at the episode list.
It's the same episode, if you look closely at the other previews/promos, you will see the same footage of Dandy slamming his hands on the counter.

Edit: Not to mention the title of the episode is "I'm Never Remembering You, Baby"

duckroll

Based on the episode titles, Episode 11 is about some weird memory stuff, Episode 12 is going to be about a Chameleon alien, and Episode 13 will be about
QT falling in love

4 > 10 > 7 > 9 > 5 > 2 > 8 > 6 > 3 > 1

The only episodes I wouldn't consider great are 8, 6, 3, and 1 but all have an incredible scene
(alien hunting at the end of 1, the mech v alien fight in 3, space surfing in 6, and doge scene/black hole in 8)
that still lets me say that I've enjoyed every episode so far. Honestly this show is just so damn good like Bebop it's really hard to pick episodes in order

The only episodes I wouldn't consider great are 8, 6, 3, and 1 but all have an incredible scene
(alien hunting at the end of 1, the mech v alien fight in 3, space surfing in 6, and doge scene/black hole in 8)
that still lets me say that I've enjoyed every episode so far. Honestly this show is just so damn good like Bebop it's really hard to pick episodes in order

this is my main complaint with 2; it's basically just one scene at the end that everyone really, really, really likes. the ENTIRE rest of the episode is really nothing special and i'd say not as funny as the first.

this is my main complaint with 2; it's basically just one scene at the end that everyone really, really, really likes. the ENTIRE rest of the episode is really nothing special and i'd say not as funny as the first.

I enjoyed 2 more then you did I guess (I also enjoyed 3 more then most as well) but the whole Scarlett scene in episode 2 I thought was great same with the alien ramen chase scenes. As much as I like the Ramen pops scene I didn't find it as funny as the rest of the episode and kind of have the same problem with it as I did with 8 (tone whip lash). I still enjoy it as a whole though and feel the mood whip lash is no where near as bad as it was in 8.

I enjoyed 2 more then you did I guess (I also enjoyed 3 more then most as well) but the whole Scarlett scene in episode 2 I thought was great same with the alien ramen chase scenes. As much as I like the Ramen pops scene I didn't find it as funny as the rest of the episode and kind of have the same problem with it as I did with 8 (tone whip lash). I still enjoy it as a whole though and feel the mood whip lash is no where near as bad as it was in 8.

i dunno, i wouldn't put Scarlet's scene much above Dandy trying to capture Meow

That also had Dandy trying to woo Scarlett with his Elvis/MJ moves which I found very entertaining, and the fight was WAAAY better then Dandy catching Meow

i don't think that made up for the dialogue in general taking a bit of a dive, and i disagree with the fight being all that much better since capturing Meow worked in some comedy.

TheOGB

Banned
After rewatching a few episodes, I'd probably rank the episodes like so:
10 > 9 > 7 > 4 > 2 > 8 = 5 > 6 > 1 > 3

Every episode has something enjoyable about it, but I enjoyed 6, 1 and 3 less than the others.

This preview for the bluray extras might be of interest to some who want to see raw key animation frames of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvH5jX2voB0

This scene has always bugged me. Like, what? Did they slide down into the planet, go through a sci fi warp hole and then come out the other side or something? And then at the end of the rock slide they just stop so suddenly despite the fact that they had an absolutely insane amount of inertia beforehand. How?

Shit's weird yo, even for an anime cartoon about BBP's, 宇宙人 and BooBies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The rock breaking off absorbed some of their linear momentum.

Jacob

This was one of my favorite episodes so far. Dandy has been highly variable in quality but when it clicks it really does work, even if it's not the most original stories. The show continues to look fantastic.

I like this Groundhog Day episode. I see people mentioning it's an Endless Eight homage, but I never watched it, all I know about that is it just pissed off a lot of Haruhi fans because only the 8th episode was different (maybe they made some slight difference each episode). Which is hilarious because I heard they made the people redraw and voice act the same thing pretty much 7 times in a row. I like that it was only like 5 minutes until the narrator was tired of the time BS. I can't imagine anyone actually sitting through 8 episodes of a non aware groundhog day plot (in the movie at least the main character was aware of the loop).

Endless Eight is not very good, but
they become aware of the time loop in each episode, they just can't figure out how to get out until the eighth one

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
4 > 7 > 10 > 2 > 9 > (half of) 8 > 5 > 1 > a turd > 6 and 3

DrkSage

Boobies. That was the answer to the ultimate weapon dandy possess right?...

Cool episode but I was kinda lost for a moment.

Grakl

good ep, I like it when space dandy is stylish like his pompdour, SCP stuff is scary

rankings! I see that I'm weighing the newer episodes more toward positive impressions than the older ones

9 > 7 > 2 > 4 > 11 > 10 > 8 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 5

duckroll

That was one of the strangest piece of scifi I have ever seen. Ever. I know people tell me that Toh Enjou is a pretty crazy author, but I guess now I know why. That was really... really... strange. In a mesmerizing and mentally confusing way. Lol. It really shows how much creative freedom this production has, since something like this would never be allowed on pretty much any normal series.

Space Dandy - 11

If there's one thing I can say about the episode, was that there was some really good explosions and battles in it. First the space battle between
Dandy and B, then the explosion at the end
. Even though I liked all that, I still have to put this low on my episode preferences. I did like the
boobs is the answer joke, lol

I've never gave my favorite episodes rankings yet:
4 > 7 > 10 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 9 > 5 > 8 > 6 > 11

Yeah, I didn't like the newest one all that much.

Gorillaz

I like how stylish it was when it went to that black/greyish filter. The space battle scene and end explosion were the biggest standouts to me

In regards to where it stands with the other ones? middle of the pack

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
what the ACTUAL fuck

Also a lot of that shit seemed familiar after Doctor Who. Aliens you forget after you see them and who can make you do what they want, a giant library planet, etc

DarkKyo

Did Dr. Gel realize
that he has died many times and come back many times due to Dandy's "energy"
?

I guess what I'm wondering is was Dr. Gel's work/research this episode in the context of the entire series or just in the context of the quandary from this episode...

duckroll

Did Dr. Gel realize
that he has died many times and come back many times due to Dandy's "energy"
?

I guess what I'm wondering is was Dr. Gel's work this episode in the context of the entire series or just in the context of the quandary from this episode...

You're probably overthinking it. What I got from it was that
he unlocked the secret behind Dandy's unlimited positive attitude, and the answer was that all Dandy gives a crap about are boobies.

Wait why am I even spoiler tagging that. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Help. My brain...

DarkKyo

You're probably overthinking it. What I got from it was that
he unlocked the secret behind Dandy's unlimited positive attitude, and the answer was that all Dandy gives a crap about are boobies.

Wait why am I even spoiler tagging that. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Help. My brain...

I don't know.. I mean they still haven't revealed why they're constantly in pursuit of Dandy -- I seriously doubt it's because he is a carefree guy! When they were
going to die again he said "It doesn't matter" or something of the sort

Edit: The other thing I noticed was
Dr. Gel's papers contained a bunch of diagrams that were variations of each other.. I could only imagine those represent multiple universes.

What a boring episode. I understand not every episode needs to be funny, but even in a serious context, this episode was flat.

It's definitely my least favorite in the series so far. *deletes from DVR*

That was like the plant life episode, only good this time around. Good scheme the book aliens are playing there. Let he information write itself by taking memories from others it travels with. Very enjoyable once again.

Was the "S" in the TV rating really for hand drawn breasts?

Branduil

Space Dandy 11

The art was, uh, weird in this episode.

Paper
moe, now I've seen everything.

I have the feeling I wanted to say something else about this episode, but I forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom