• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

what the heck. I swear I was able to watch the DUB show on funimation.com before but now they only seem to be streaming the sub. What gives?

Levyne

Banned
what the heck. I swear I was able to watch the DUB show on funimation.com before but now they only seem to be streaming the sub. What gives?

Huh, I didn't know Funimations website ever had the dub.

Adult swims website doesn't have the newest episode for streaming either :(

Alright, I have never watched an episode of this anime and I plan to do so. Which localization should I go with? I normally always go with the original Japanese audio but I do make the rare exception if the dub version is well done, example Cowboy Bebop.

So fellow GAFers jap or eng? Thanks!

Alright, I have never watched an episode of this anime and I plan to do so. Which localization should I go with? I normally always go with the original Japanese audio but I do make the rare exception if the dub version is well done, example Cowboy Bebop.

So fellow GAFers jap or eng? Thanks!

I've found the dub of Dandy to be a lot better then it's sub from what I've seen. If you liked Bebop's dub you'll enjoy Dandy's

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Dub's the only way to go, cast kills it.

Especially sexy joel mcdonald mmmm

ibus6UNG3cjtKq.gif

Seda

I don't really care for the voice effect on QT (robot character) when he's 'screaming' but otherwise I think the English VA is solid.

duckroll

Watched episode 14. I guess it was... okay? Better than episode 1 of the first season anyway. There were lots of really nice varied designs, and it doubles down on the "multiple dimension" stuff just to have a ton of silly gags, but I didn't really find much of it funny. After a while it actually started to feel boring. The gag right at the end was pretty great though, once they introduced emo-Dandy. On a whole the episode felt like a 10 minute gag idea being stretched to a full 24 minute episode in really artificial ways.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Space Dandy S2 Episode 1

Not bad not bad at all, surprisingly despite the fact I don't really enjoy the humour of the series that much. I found this episode to be genuinely funny, probably because I love this kind of time wobbling and alternative universe stuff in my science fiction, a few gags here and there could've been done better, but otherwise stellar stuff, and a great return for the series.

sonicmj1

Like duckroll, I feel like parts of this episode overstayed their welcome, but it was still really fun. I feel like everyone involved had a lot of fun coming up with all these new designs and bringing them to life. That alone makes it worthwhile, even if I didn't laugh out loud all that much.

Great episode, definitely continuing where S1 left off. Still think the multiverse thing is a crutch to lean on so the whole series doesn't seem like a bunch of random crap; each episode really is stand alone.

Planet coming closer, floating skull-like kid, wants to collect smiles like Skull Kid wanted friends, musical instrument with powers, etc.

Definitely Majora's Mask inspired.

10/10. I just watched art come out of my television tonight.

Space Dandy for 1000 years!

duckroll

Episode 15

Pretty interesting narrative thematically, but some of it doesn't really seem to come together all the well. This is definitely the sort of Dandy episode I prefer though. I wish it explored the musical aspect more. The idea that a lonely being unable to physically express his emotions would be drawn to music as a form of expression is interesting. The collection of "smiles" was pretty creepy, but it would also have been more effective if it actually went somewhere. Feels like an episode which would have benefited from a longer runtime honestly.

The river of time sequence was pretty great. Lots of really nice visual touches there. And while it had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the story, I actually really enjoyed the Dr Gel sequences this week. I don't really know why, but it clicked pretty well. Lol.

Out of the two episodes Keiko Nobumoto wrote for Space Dandy so far, I definitely prefer the one with the dog. It had more cohesive direction and flow, but I think this one was more ambitious themes. I think she's writing two more episodes after this, so hopefully they're attached to stronger directors.

Out of the two episodes Keiko Nobumoto wrote for Space Dandy so far, I definitely prefer the one with the dog. It had more cohesive direction and flow, but I think this one was more ambitious themes. I think she's writing two more episodes after this, so hopefully they're attached to stronger directors.

i think the dog one also didn't really fit together very smoothly, either; it's almost like two mini episodes. kinda seems like being a little disjointed might be a common theme with her episodes.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Myau and QT stole the show this episode.

ibmZ4W4BdGPuGM.gif

id5Z1UQmRPJYI.gif

ib1VobUBAQllIP.gif

I certainly feel like having more time would have been great for this episode. I still really enjoyed what it did but Dandy could have used more time versus notmajora before the big reveal and the river of time had to be explained in a single breath. The pervasive creepiness could have been played up a tad more as well if they had another 10-15 minutes to work with.

Also, this episode would mark the first time I had a complaint about the Dub cast. I don't think Bryce Papenbrook did a good job of selling the creepiness and instability of his character.

Yeah, I agree about the runtime. This feels like it could have been a two-parter. Pretty great episode otherwise, and the preview for next week's episode is dope.

Finalow

I enjoyed this last episode but like everyone wrote it could have been more interesting if it had more development and time. the river of time and QT+Meow sequences were pretty neat.

next episode looks already crazy, in a very good way.

and I want an episode focused only on Dr. Bee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom