• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Next episode: http://www.space-dandy.com/episode/24/

Somehow the Dandy crew end up warping from 3D space into 2D space, and there they encounter a 4D being Dandy is familiar with. It's going to be a dimensional clusterfuck written by the insane author who wrote episode 11! Judging from the preview it seems Dandy's ex-girlfriend is the 4D being, which suddenly reminds me a lot of the Japanese ED song. The episode is supposed to explore Dandy's past too. Should be quite a trip. :p

Lame as hell.

The sub narrator is supposed to be like a typical Japanese narrator. The dub narrator has this cartoony voice to him that doesn't sound like a typical narrator that you would find in documentaries.

One is more subtle, while the other is a bit zany.

The sub narrator is supposed to be like a typical Japanese narrator. The dub narrator has this cartoony voice to him that doesn't sound like a typical narrator that you would find in documentaries.

One is more subtle, while the other is a bit zany.

cartoony? he just sounds like an old guy to me.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Wow, that romance between Scarlet and Dandy. This is straight episode, and not as strange as previous episode. Probably the most normal one in 2nd season. The animation is still top notch. The music is nice, so yeah, still top tier.

Now, something i want to say.
Dammit train! Why you have to ruin it!

Somehow the Dandy crew end up warping from 3D space into 2D space, and there they encounter a 4D being Dandy is familiar with. It's going to be a dimensional clusterfuck written by the insane author who wrote episode 11! Judging from the preview it seems Dandy's ex-girlfriend is the 4D being, which suddenly reminds me a lot of the Japanese ED song. The episode is supposed to explore Dandy's past too. Should be quite a trip. :p

Expanding on the character of Dandy is a-ok for me, I'm still sad the little girl alien never showed up again.

Andrew J.

Flatland, anime edition.

"This is Plant Trendy, a popping joint where you will find the hippest couples in the universe dropping it like it's hot. If you want to show your bae that you da man, then you best turn up here. Er'body in the place be swaggin'. Don't matter whether shortie like hangin' outdoors or getting crunk in da club. If you got the scrilla, Planet Trendy got yo back."
The delivery of this is perfect.

Mature

11 is near the top of my favorite episodes. Very excited about this one, especially since it's a really important one apparently.

Why did the last episode break my heart? :/ fucking train...

I finally played catch up, and the continuity has really tightened up.
If Dandy and Scarlett don't end up together in the end, I revolt.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So now I'm wondering just how many jokes the dub adds in that aren't in the sub. Is all the narrator's stuff just standard in Japanese and comedy in English?

Why did the last episode break my heart? :/ fucking train...

I finally played catch up, and the continuity has really tightened up.
If Dandy and Scarlett don't end up together in the end, I revolt.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, this show loves introducing concepts and characters and then never mentioning them again.

I wouldn't be surprised if
if their rockstar buddy, who is the leader of the opposing force of the main bad guys, never shows up again

So now I'm wondering just how many jokes the dub adds in that aren't in the sub. Is all the narrator's stuff just standard in Japanese and comedy in English?

No, the Japanese narrator provides comedy too. Their delivery is just slightly different. The English narrator might have more jokes if that last episode is anything to go by, though I'm not sure because I don't watch every dub episode.

El_Sirio

Neo Member
Hey everybody, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but there are new details on the second part of Space Dandy's OST: "Boobies Wonderland" (2-disc edition, October 8th).

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/spacedandy/whatsnew/index.html

NhT14aM.jpg

PD: Great "Earth, Wind and Fire" reference

I wouldn't get my hopes up, this show loves introducing concepts and characters and then never mentioning them again.

I wouldn't be surprised if
if their rockstar buddy, who is the leader of the opposing force of the main bad guys, never shows up again

My one single hope was the callback to the zombie episode, and the (somewhat) foreshadowing of their relationship in the episode with the cloud guy. Plus, that look they both had at the end? I STILL BELIEVE.

Question for you guys, at the end of the latest episode, was that alien speaking backwards? I can't re - watch myself so I was curious if anyone else thought the same or could check.

My one single hope was the callback to the zombie episode, and the (somewhat) foreshadowing of their relationship in the episode with the cloud guy. Plus, that look they both had at the end? I STILL BELIEVE.

I want to believe as well, but I don't see it happening. They specifically have to set them up in a situation outside of "going in to check on these aliens I've captured" for them to truly talk and maybe rekindle anything, and I don't see that happening with only like 3 episodes left, unless the last two episodes are like a two parter.

Hey everybody, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but there are new details on the second part of Space Dandy's OST: "Boobies Wonderland" (2-disc edition, October 8th).

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/spacedandy/whatsnew/index.html

NhT14aM.jpg

PD: Great "Earth, Wind and Fire" reference

Second part? Does that mean a first part was already released? Link?

BBboy20

It felt like a bit of a slight homage to 5 Centimeters Per Second in a way.
You might be on to something with that snow.

Another pleasantly surprising episode. Such a shame we're nearing the end. I hope this isn't the end of Dandy.
At first, I was like, yeah, that's fine for a single go. But as time goes on, the thought of no more Dandy started to depress me and the references of 3 episodes left, it's hitting hard. ;-;

Seriously, the moment the two kissed and the synth music was being stretched was like one of the greatest moments I've ever seen in fiction. So cliche yet so good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, the narrator sounded familiar. Who is he? He sounds like the narrator for dub Pokemon.

If the show is really coming to an end, I hope we at least get a movie (though anime movies tend to take place even farther out of canon than this show already goes -_-).

Archgan

You know, the narrator sounded familiar. Who is he? He sounds like the narrator for dub Pokemon.

The dub narrator is Robert Bruce Elliott. He has done various, old guy voices in a lot of anime. The only other voice that he did that I actually recognize is the voice of the master in Orcs Must Die.

I just caught up

Episode 22:

majestic
my favourite episode so far

I might make a few dance GIFs if my weak comp doesn't blow up first :eek:

edit: Just caught up with the last episode...

Episode 23:

IKJXH4X.jpg

if once the blu-ray gets here there's no sign of a western release of the OST's with decent prices, I guess I'll buy them.
Even if Amazon sold them directly, they'd still charge about the same. I got Cowboy Bebop Tank! The Best from them a few years ago and it was about $30.

I really wish Funimation would give us any information about a blu-ray release. I don't want to get the soundtrack to find out one will be bundled with a limited edition, and include the English "Lonely Night".

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Even if Amazon sold them directly, they'd still charge about the same. I got Cowboy Bebop Tank! The Best from them a few years ago and it was about $30.

I really wish Funimation would give us any information about a blu-ray release. I don't want to get the soundtrack to find out one will be bundled with a limited edition, and include the English "Lonely Night".

This needs to happen somehow, Funi. Don't care if it's just a digital single on amazon/itunes.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Do they plan to do another series does anyone know? I love this show and don't want it to end yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom