• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Fantastic episode.

That trio in action shot was perfect.

It's sad that one or two of them might die before the finale. :/

Clevinger

oo. Episode 9 sounds interesting.

*historical spoilers*
I wonder if they cast Pompey yet, or if he'll be offscreen. That's a super important role if that spin-off happens.

pants

Oh god at next weeks episode and the lack of mention in the following weeks.

*cries in corner*
If Gannicus goes the last three episodes will be filled with protagonists I dont give a fuck about and I will actively cheer for their deaths

also

fuck navea

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I must say, watching that crazy German woman getting all fierce and stabby worked for me. Oh yes.

/might seek help

Me too man. Me too.

The Caesar spinoff must happen. These writers excel at portraying Roman scandal so a series focused on he and Crassus scheming their way to the top would be incredible.

Yeah. I really want the Caesar spinoff. It would also be really great if they could get Crassus and maybe Tiberius back for it too.

Raiden

Banned
I'm still amazed at how well they casted the actor for Marcus Crassus. Not only by performance but he matches the looks as well

369px-Marcus_Licinius_Crassus_Louvre.jpg

SpartacusWaroftheDamnedseason1e02a.jpg

Malo

Banned
I hope not, as it would likely mean Gannicus dies. To me, anyone can die except Gannicus. Dude needs to live and his cock should keep raging on.
:lol

I agree with this. Gannicus is my favorite character on the show, he must live on!

Great episode.

Crixus did feel like a cornered animal, torn between his loyalty/debt to Spartacus and his hatred for Romans/desire for the old ways. To him, Naevia represents the cruelty of the Romans, but also reminds him of how Spartacus went out of his way to rescue her. That scene with Agron was great; you could sense the clash of new versus old, slavery vs. freedom, vengeance vs. honour.

-Nemetes and his perfect teeth (seriously, how does a gladiator/slave get a dental plan) died like the coward he was
-Sibyl might remind Gannicus of Melitta in her purity (the exact opposite of crazy Saxa)
-when Heracleos mentioned how it's how money drives him, I saw the betrayal coming.
-poor Sanus, died off-camera :( At least the axe-guy with Agron and Saxa didn't die to Caesar (though he is likely not long for this world).
-did Spartacus and co. not see the Roman armada, nor the army at the gate?
-I hope they're more liberal with the history,
because seeing Crixus abandon Spartacus is going to be hard to watch, along with all their deaths. Then again, we haven't really seen any shocking deaths since Oenomaus in the S2 finale.
-I hope this isn't the last we see of Laeta.
-Tiberius seems shockingly strong for someone so small
-I thought Kore, as Crassus' "weak point", would be exploited, but I didn't expect Tiberius to be the one to take advantage of that relationship
-Spartacus and Crixus' bro-fist was an awesome moment. The splashing blood made it better.

Zeliard

People tend to put this out in these threads ever so often, but I have to reiterate it again.

If you like Gannicus (and how can you not?), and you haven't seen the Gods of the Arena mini-series, get on that ASAP.

hamchan

I wonder if the conversation between Spartacus and Gannicus on the ship was foreshadowing Spartacus dying an episode or two before the finale and Gannicus leading the last last stand of the Rebellion.

The Caesar spinoff must happen. These writers excel at portraying Roman scandal so a series focused on he and Crassus scheming their way to the top would be incredible.

Yes. Season 1 and Gods of the Arena were so amazing thanks to the Batiatus scheming. We need more of it. Please be made Caesar spin-off.

Crixus! What are you doing in 30 Days of Night?

Q7C97LMl.png

Also, while confirming it was him, I noticed he'll be in the next two Hobbit films. Neat.

Crixus! What are you doing in 30 Days of Night?

Q7C97LMl.png

Also, while confirming it was him, I noticed he'll be in the next two Hobbit films. Neat.

i love crixus and his roles in here and arrow but his character is so awful in the hobbit. i hope he falls off a cliff in the start of the second film and they only show his dead body for like a second in the third film.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
i love crixus and his roles in here and arrow but his character is so awful in the hobbit. i hope he falls off a cliff in the start of the second film and they only show his dead body for like a second in the third film.

Wait, who is he playing in The Hobbit?

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Very light spoilers for the remaining episodes but here are the descriptions from STARZ for whats to come:

http://stagemobile.starz.com/originals/spartacus/s4/e310/

Christ does that description of the final episode sound epic.
It appears as though they shall be following history. Closely. The spoiler is in the very name of the show itself "War of the Damned". We all knew it was coming so hopefully Spartacus will go out with a bang.

As for the most recent episode. Loved it. I loved it so much I watched it again as soon as I came home (watched it at my sister's house). They're really pushing this season and it's starting to look like the decision to finish the story with one more season (as opposed to stretching it out over multiple seasons) was a good one.

The last twenty minutes of the most recent episode was some of the best television I have ever seen. It's up there with the previous season finales. It's going to be a shame when Spartacus does reach its natural end with the final episode.

Hopefully the Ceasar spin-off will provide sufficient consolation.

EDIT: Spoiler tagged some of the text.

Raiden

Banned
It's been spoiled for a few thousand years.

Nobody knows how exactly they'll follow history. And Spartacus his body never was found so there are tons of ways they could go. I prefer to not know for sure to keep some form of tension. Like i said i might be whining but i would prefer to not read confirming shit like that

AzerPhire

We don't know how the show will handle the actual end results but we do know where it is going to go.

The description of the episode does not allude to what happens so don't worry about being spoiled.

Joni

Luckily, if they follow the history closely,
it will be a tragic ending, but with a silver lining. Spartacus' goal is achieved partially, slaves get humane treatment thanks to Crassus and Caesar.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Holy shit dude spoilertag that fucking shit. I dont want to sound like a whiny bitch but you pretty much spoiled me.

Sorry dude. It wasn't intentional. I tried to be as vague as possible with what I wrote. Did the link I quoted spoil you or the text? As other posters have stated we don't really know how it's going to end so you haven't really been spoiled. The final conclusion of the final episode is completely unknown so you're more or less still in the dark. Don't worry. Sorry again.

Completely unintentional.

Raiden

Banned
Sorry dude. It wasn't intentional. I tried to be as vague as possible with what I wrote. Did the link I quoted spoil you or the text? As other posters have stated we don't really know how it's going to end so you haven't really been spoiled. The final conclusion of the final episode is completely unknown so you're more or less still in the dark. Don't worry. Sorry again.

Completely unintentional.

Damn dude now you make me feel bad. I was just overreacting its all good.

Jupiter's cock, that was a good episode. I wish I didn't have to wait 5 weeks to see how they end the series.

I'm pretty sure mostly everyone I enjoy will die while Naevia runs off with Ceasar and stars in the spin off. No, I'm joking. She's gotta take an axe to the face soon.

Ok SERIOUSLY. Tiberius.

Will his father find out, and punish the living shit outta him? I mean his father respects slaves, and this SLAVE is his WOMAN. His lady. Does Tiberius realise that this girl is his father's squeeze? I wouldnt be surprised if the punishement were uber severe.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Ok SERIOUSLY. Tiberius.

Will his father find out, and punish the living shit outta him? I mean his father respects slaves, and this SLAVE is his WOMAN. His lady. Does Tiberius realise that this girl is his father's squeeze? I wouldnt be surprised if the punishement were uber severe.

Yes? Tiberius comments on it. It's basically the reason he does it.

Ok SERIOUSLY. Tiberius.

His comment was, "He took something from me, now I will take something from him." right before he raped her.

AzerPhire

Didn't see this on YouTube yet but a new clip for this weeks episode:

Link

I honestly can't recommend anyone watch it that wants to remain spoiler free as it may spoil a big moment for the episode.

AzerPhire

There is a week break between episodes 8 and 9, most likely to accommodate for the Holiday (Good Friday). Episode 8 airs March 22 and episode 9 on April 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom