• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Since comments (unspoilered) in this thread has ruinied the historical happening... if Andy was alive
and killed(?!?! I assume...) in this show... that would have been a mega sad day...

giga

Wish Tiberius would have crippled or killed the slave girl instead of raping her.

As for Spartacus and company,
I wish I didn't know the history of the servile wars…

Inversive

The Roman soliders wearing the lorica segmentata is bothering me. They should all be wearing chainmail at that period, but the show seems to use both/ (check the gif on previous page)

methane47

This show is soo sad :(

I just want them to keep Spartacus and Gannicus alive.. The rest can die :(

oh and Caesar is too cool....

I want him to show admiration for Spartcus... It seems to me thats what the show is building up to but ya... it could go either way.

Clipjoint

ibheat4PaJDD1S.gif

Amazing direction throughout this episode.

Jesus fuck that was an insane episode. I was so tense throughout the whole thing, especially the last bit. I would say I wish Caesar dies an extremely tortuous death, but I know that isn't happening. I'm sad this show is ending, and at the prospects of the main characters being defeated, I've really gotten attached to them. :( Gannicus and Spartacus especially, their deaths will depress me greatly. Fuck the Romans. Fuck them.

I just want to say I didn't enjoy Tiberius' character development; I saw him as a tormented figure seeking his father's love and approval; people could relate.

Part of me half expects some unlikely characters to relate to one another. Caesar may, for example, come to respect Spartacus' character. I do like how the writers have blurred who the villains and heroes are in the show now, however.

Ending was definitely cool, but it wasn't really tense for me in any way.
Not a single main character was killed in that surprise ambush? These Romans are about as competent as Storm Troopers at this point.

What was even the point of Spartacus's back stab (other than a lazy metaphor)? It didn't seem to hurt him at all, and it didn't stop him for fighting off a dozen soldiers for several minutes until backup arrived.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Gannicus guy needs his own show... he basically stole this one ever since the prequel.

I could see him as like a pirate or something. Idk... hopefully he gets some more work after this concludes.

kirblar

Ending was definitely cool, but it wasn't really tense for me in any way.
Not a single main character was killed in that surprise ambush? These Romans are about as competent as Storm Troopers at this point.

What was even the point of Spartacus's back stab (other than a lazy metaphor)? It didn't seem to hurt him at all, and it didn't stop him for fighting off a dozen soldiers for several minutes until backup arrived.
I think the back stab was just a piece of clever historical irony they wanted to work in.

M.D

The only disappointing thing for me was the way Spartacus killed the pirate leader.. it was a bit underwhelming after such a betrayal

Also, what's up with Caesar? one moment he's holding off against Gannicus, the next minute he can barely stand against Agron
I thought he was supposed to be a highly skilled fighter?

hamchan

The only disappointing thing for me was the way Spartacus killed the pirate leader.. it was a bit underwhelming after such a betrayal

Also, what's up with Caesar? one moment he's holding off against Gannicus, the next minute he can barely stand against Agron
I thought he was supposed to be a highly skilled fighter?

It was 3 v 1.

Also, what's up with Caesar? one moment he's holding off against Gannicus, the next minute he can barely stand against Agron. I thought he was supposed to be a highly skilled fighter?

It was 3 against 1 and he certainly held his own in that fight. I hope we get see a 1v1 face off against him and Gannicus.

Rubenov

Cesar is just a Roman after all. Shouldn't have the same fighting skills as the best Gladiators, but he's better than most Romans. His attributes I guess would show on the battlefield, commanding large armies.

falastini

Also, I've finally come to accept and like Liam as Spartacus this season. I didn't like him at all, all of last season. Not sure what it is in particular, but he's been really likeable this season.

My theory is, I don't think he's really changed much. I think how they handle him has. Last year he just looked scrawny standing next to the other gladiators. It was hard to believe somebody of his stature was supposed to be this badass commander of warriors. This year they plopped a beard on him and made sure he stays fully armored at all times... seriously. Has he ever been without fully armored breastplate this season?

Taruranto

Hey, Agron has a personality again!

Also, everyone plot armor kinda got on my nerves this episode. I know it's only mid series so they can't kill anyone important, but come on. The Roman aren't a threat anymore a this point.

Dram

Yeah it's weird to see them being mowed down like that. Besides the ones Ceaser killed, did they kill any of the rebels?

Rubenov

It was 3 against 1 and he certainly held his own in that fight. I hope we get see a 1v1 face off against him and Gannicus.

I hope not, as it would likely mean Gannicus dies. To me, anyone can die except Gannicus. Dude needs to live and his cock should keep raging on.

Joni

Hey, Agron has a personality again!

Also, everyone plot armor kinda got on my nerves this episode. I know it's only mid series so they can't kill anyone important, but come on. The Roman aren't a threat anymore a this point.

They're preparing for Dynasty Warriors: Spartacus Edition where you mow down thousands of Romans in each level with only one character.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I didn't really see that as 'plot armor', though I can easily see how someone else could think that. I saw it as more of a "Holy shit these guys are badass and fight together flawlessly - it's gonna take more than a few Romans to take them out." I mean, the Roman soldiers were just regular soldiers. The main people in Spartacus' group are killing machines.

Dram

Besides some the background rebel characters that don't talk, Saxa, Lugo, Naviea and Nasir are the only minor characters left right?

Zeliard

I didn't really see that as 'plot armor', though I can easily see how someone else could think that. I saw it as more of a "Holy shit these guys are badass and fight together flawlessly - it's gonna take more than a few Romans to take them out." I mean, the Roman soldiers were just regular soldiers. The main people in Spartacus' group are killing machines.

Yeah I don't view it as jarring. The gladiators have been built up throughout the series as virtually unstoppable in direct combat, especially the juggernauts in Spartacus, Gannicus, and Crixus. Recall that one scene last season where Ashur takes on 3 Roman soldiers, wins, and then accurately proclaims himself to be one of the lesser gladiators.

That was beautiful. Total fan service but it warmed my heart to see crixus come back to the light in this resistance's final moments.

This was the penultimate episode right? It felt like it to me

Awesome episode, this season has been stellar so far, and it just keeps getting better. Liam has really come into his own this season, and I think this was his best episode yet.

But now I have to start really worrying about characters I like dying. :/

I hope one of the main cast lives on after the show and some how joins up with Caesar.
I don't think they would "join up" with Caesar, but I could see someone being a part of the (hopefully soon to be greenlit) spin-off.

And that someone must be Agron.

5NqaWoi.gif

Pkaz01

There is no way Crassus is going to sit in his base while his army is out fighting spartacus so I don't know if this is his final attack or not something tells me this isnt the final battle as it appears to be.

I also think the tiberius rape storyline has to be sorted out before crassus goes of to fight spartacus no way Tiberius doesn't die by the end of this. I think ceasar will be the one to do it and i am also very surprised the wife of Crassus hasnt been involved yet either.

Joni

oh wow. I can only see like 2 episodes more out of this situation they're in. i dunno how it's 5 left but whatever, i'm loving this season enough for them to prolong the inevitable.
I'm guessing:
Episode 6: Aftermath of Sicilian raid
Episode 7: Gannicus or Aggron dies.
Episode 8: Crixus dies.
Episode 9: Spartacus launches his final assault.
Episode 10: Aftermath.

The ending shot of the show must be Gannicus and Saxa having drunken threesomes somewhere in Gaul or Germany or so. They are the best couple.

Nameless

I wonder if the conversation between Spartacus and Gannicus on the ship was foreshadowing Spartacus dying an episode or two before the finale and Gannicus leading the last last stand of the Rebellion.

The Caesar spinoff must happen. These writers excel at portraying Roman scandal so a series focused on he and Crassus scheming their way to the top would be incredible.

kirblar

Just realized that the "weird" Tiberius (B?)romance undertones were totally setting up for the assault scene in this episode. It's always nice to have the answer to "is this intentional" be yes, (even if it is because they're leading up to something horrific.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom