• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzerPhire

This was the Leata body episode.

I said "goddamn!" out loud.

I especially appreciated the glorious side bush shot.

Seriously. Best body on the whole series

And Gannicus is so bad ass even his horse kills a Roman. Need a gif of his horse making a derpy face near the end.

DieH@rd

Banned
Great episode. Slaves are in trouble now... Also lol at the
wall. Real Crassus's wall was much more impressive.
:D

Had to laugh at Caesar actor not being willing to show his cock off like some of the other actors. ;)

I was almost waiting for a Boogie Nights style end shot. lol

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's strange, he appeared much more capable last episode but seemed to be struggling in both fights this episode.

It's the beard. Loss of beard = power downgrade.

It wouldnt make much sense if he was killing gladiators easily. Squeaking by is kind of what I would have expected.

Rom1944

Man Gannicus should get his own show after spartacus maybe one about the peloponnesian wars being a badass spartan.

jett

D-Member
Good episode, I see the big three are still invincible superheroes, but that can't go on for long now. :p Tiberius really is a little shit. He and Naevia need to get got ASAP.

Zeliard

It wouldnt make much sense if he was killing gladiators easily. Squeaking by is kind of what I would have expected.

Pretty much. Show's been clear about the DBZ power levels of these guys. Gannicus, Crixus, and Spartacus are for all intents and purposes unstoppable in most combat situations - when they go down, it's going to be either by overwhelming force or some sort of (likely literal) backstab. None of the Romans, including Ceasar, can handle these guys in a direct fight.

hamchan

That was a pretty tense episode because we didn't know if Gannicus would live or not. I'm glad he did though, such an awesome character. Hopefully he makes it to the end.

I also feel Spartacus could survive at the end too and hook up with Roman lady.

Also, Crassus and Caesar are both great and the spin-off with them could be great as a result.

Kayhan

That was a pretty tense episode because we didn't know if Gannicus would live or not. I'm glad he did though, such an awesome character. Hopefully he makes it to the end.

I also feel Spartacus could survive at the end too and hook up with Roman lady.

Also, Crassus and Caesar are both great and the spin-off with them could be great as a result.

She has a name you know.

Leata the Body.

nib95

Banned
Woo I met Batiatus (John Hamnah) today! Got a photo but need my staff to email it over lol. I think I was the only one who recognised him, we spoke about Spartacus, Andy etc. Brilliant guy.

Fezan

I am really not liking the show. all fights are slow mo each and every swing with extra panning camera .Even the guy coming down from the wall was done in slow mo. its like they are just making episodes to show some precious equipment they have bought for the show nothing else . Now i know how flash feels like. Plus the pacing of the show is seriously off. even the sex scenes are not that great
Am i the only one who feels like this

Clipjoint

I am really not liking the show. all fights are slow mo each and every swing with extra panning camera .Even the guy coming down from the wall was done in slow mo. its like they are just making episodes to show some precious equipment they have bought for the show nothing else . Now i know how flash feels like. Plus the pacing of the show is seriously off. even the sex scenes are not that great

ilERHz60QgZf.gif

Yes.

Radec

Fuck yeah Gannicus.

At the start i thought that was goodbye for him, then those pirates was a nice getaway.

Fantastic episode.

You're right, but he is supposed to be a seasoned soldier, I'd expect him to be able to hold his own quite easily, especially against a wounded gladiator.

We even see him do as much in the last episode, holding his own against Agron, Saxa and third guy whose name I forget.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You're right, but he is supposed to be a seasoned soldier, I'd expect him to be able to hold his own quite easily, especially against a wounded gladiator.

We even see him do as much in the last episode, holding his own against Agron, Saxa and third guy whose name I forget.

He did hold his own though. Got overpowered a few times, but he held his own.

He did hold his own though. Got overpowered a few times, but he held his own.

He was barely holding his own against an injured man, that's in stark contrast to him holding his against three seasoned fighters (none of whom were injured and two who were gladiators if I'm not mistaken) whilst also working to set the gate on fire.

It's not a major issue, but some consistency would be nice.

Gibbo

I'm straight, but anyone else hoping that the guy who plays Caesar joins Crixus on the cast of Arrow? I'd like him to do a workout scene with Oliver. His body- my god.

xenist

He was barely holding his own against an injured man, that's in stark contrast to him holding his against three seasoned fighters (none of whom were injured and two who were gladiators if I'm not mistaken) whilst also working to set the gate on fire.

It's not a major issue, but some consistency would be nice.

That's merely a variation of plot armor. We know that Caesar can't die. So in order to have some tension during his fights his fighting prowess must fluctuate. And honestly, would Spartacus or Crixus or Gannicus have fared better than him in that fight?

That's merely a variation of plot armor. We know that Caesar can't die. So in order to have some tension during his fights his fighting prowess must fluctuate. And honestly, would Spartacus or Crixus or Gannicus have fared better than him in that fight?

Probably not, but still...I would have preferred we see him dominate the fight instead of looking like he's barely able to hold his own.

If only because I expect him to kill at least one of the four major players. Agron is my guess, but it might even be Gannicus. This is the second time they've clashed, seems to be hinting toward them having a showdown.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm straight, but anyone else hoping that the guy who plays Caesar joins Crixus on the cast of Arrow? I'd like him to do a workout scene with Oliver. His body- my god.

Ew, no. He should get his own spin off instead. That way he can stay on premium cable. The ability to get naked>working out with superheroes on the CW.

The rugs they're using for bush on this show is too funny

They look like cut out carpet samples

The megabushes are totes hawt.

Hystzen

Nasir will die first then get depressed Agron who all suicidal wanting to die.

I be ok with Ceaser taking down Gannicus but it should be during a epic duel in final battle

Idde

I'm not ok with anyone taking Gannicus down. They should have just renamed the show after Gods of the Arena. Gannicus: His cock rages and (and he's still sympathetic doing so!) Dude has the most charisma of all. Crixus isn't very interesting anymore, Spartacus doesn't some to have much of a character, neither does Agron.

War of the Damned is much better than season two, but the villians still get more character development than the heroes. Someting GotA and BaS did much, much better. Cool to see though that one single episode that focused quite a lot on Gannicus made him much more likeable. Now for a threesome with him, Saxa and Sybil. That should settle Gannicus as the true hero of the show.

Hystzen

Gannicus is going to die it inevitable i rather they did a twist and Spartacus dies soon then Gannicus takes on the name Spartacus instead which would have been a badass season 2 ending. That why they can do the whole I'm Spartacus part because at moment everybody seems know what Spartacus looks like so they cant shout IM SPARTACUS at the end

harSon

Banned
I'm never bothered by violence in media, but that scene where the guy is being yanked with chains got to me a bit.

MG310

I still feel like they might have Gannicus make it through if only because they spent so much time teasing us with his possible death over the past few weeks.

Also expecting Laeta to survive and probably be pregnant with Spartacus' baby by the end of the series.

I'm never bothered by violence in media, but that scene where the guy is being yanked with chains got to me a bit.

Yeah that was uncomfortable to watch. Glad they didn't show too much.

Poor Donar, but he got a good send-off. "My passing would be of even lesser concern than yours." :(

They could make a sitcom with Gannicus, Sibyl, and Saxa. They'd own a villa in a city; Sibyl would be the dutiful housewife while Gannicus and Saxa run around making trouble and bringing women of a questionable nature home.

Also, it feels a little difficult to enjoy the show when the ending seems so inevitable. Due to history I don't feel like Caesar or Crassus is ever in any danger, yet any one of the rebels could bite the dust. Takes a bit of suspense out of it.

How did Gannicus escape? Was the northern gate repaired (and open for him to ride through it)? Or did he leave through the broken one and loop around?

Magnus

Yeah, the tug of war scene got to me. First time in awhile with this show that I had to prepare to shield my eyes and got freaked out. I can deal with hilariously gory KOs in combat, but just can't stomach torture, torturous death, slow death and suffering, etc.

I LOVED that that last slave vs Caesar took his own life before getting executed. Perfect subversion.

Oh, his name's Donar? Damn. I feel terrible that he's been around for two seasons and my brain didn't register him as a recurring minor character. He's hot too; so my lapse there is even more puzzling! lol

Donar... ;_;

The made me watch him die like three times, which was even worse. At least he got to go out like a boss, but I wish they would of let him do more on the show when he was still alive. He was awesome.

It's just gonna keep getting harder now, isn't it?

Also, there goes any "goodwill" Crassus might have built up. Now I see the family resemblance between father and son.

That girl from East of the Nile was top tier for the show. God damn.

yeah she's definitely up there

anyways...next episode. prepare for our faves to slowly die one by one :(

i love gannicus but if he's taken down by caesar that would be fine, only he is worthy.

i want crixus to stand with spartacus til the end.

if you're talking about the pilot or this season's premiere then i agree. otherwise....pry fingers from fucking keyboard (lol jk)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wonder how they plan on doing the im spartacus scene because everyone seems to know what he looks like. unless they are going a entirely different route

Zzoram

Of the gladiators, Gannicus is the only one I want to survive the end of the series.

He's the most likeable by far and the most badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom