• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Gannicus needs to achieve the dream that is sleeping with Sibyl or both Sibyl and Saxa before end of season.

I would be on board for a Ceaser spin off with Gannicus as his bodyguard tearing up Gaul

I used to like Crixus until Naevia ruined him but at least he is being badass in Arrow

Flash

Two more sneak peek clips:

Please spoiler tag any discussion.

oh that's just great........

on another note, I can't really see a Cesear spin-off...I thought they would've made him to be more noble and honourable than he is currently characterized as. But it seemed he was in on Crassus handing Laeta off to Heracleo.

It would have been great had we had a scene where he took a stand against Crassus regarding this issue, so at least we'd have that parallel between him and Spartacus and see he's generally a good guy and someone the majority would root for in his own story.

I guess it was more important to get Laeta to Spartacus' camp so we can get that inevitable sex scene lol

New episode tonight:
Mors Indecepta

Their forces trapped on an impassable, snowbound ridge, Spartacus and Crixus clash over the method of escape. Crassus discovers it increasingly difficult to control the actions of those closest to him.

REV 09

Ok, that fight was badass. You know which one.

Another strong episode...Liam feels like Spartacus to me now. He has greatly improved this season.

Wow, that episode looked fantastic. Some really attractive shots. Loved when they showed the point of view of the Roman soldiers looking out into the frozen wilderness. Also that mug smash and the fist-fight after it was awesome.

MG310

Things were getting downright romantic in the snowpocalypse.

I've come to expect that the show will give you slow motion shots all day long but that one where the camera barrel rolled in time with Spartacus was pretty great.

Mxrz

Best episode so far for me. The rebels finally getting something close to a win was overdue. Until now the season felt like the Crassus-Caesar show.

Half suspected Spartacus saving Naevia would lead to a jealousy bit, or at least lead to her stop urging Crixus to split. But then that awesome fight happens anyway.

Gannicus boning Sybil seemed a little odd. I thought there was a whole protective older sibling vibe on his part. Poor Saxa. She should've snuggled up to Spartacus with Laeta.

Caesar standing up to Crassus and Tiberius was a good moment. The season has lacked the Roman in-fighting that made the other seasons so great. But its a little late. If they all survive, it would be interesting to see Caesar take them on with his own schemes.

If Kore tries to kill Spartacus just for Crassus then that'll be really disappointing. Maybe she'll be the one to kill Tiberius instead.

Jayhawk

I was glad to see at least one more rebel victory. Gannicus remains warm during a blizzard by fucking those who pray to the gods.

Zabka

All the protective older sibling feelings go out the window when the female nipple makes its first appearance.

Great episode. The shot with the "bridge" was fantastic.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
All the protective older sibling feelings go out the window when the female nipple makes its first appearance.

Great episode. The shot with the "bridge" was fantastic.

You know, throughout the season, I never really thought about that character in any sexual way... idk guess she didn't really seem all that appealing in that way, but apparently just seeing nice tits is all it takes.

lol

Klocker

You know, throughout the season, I never really thought about that character in any sexual way... idk guess she didn't really seem all that appealing in that way, but apparently just seeing nice tits is all it takes.

lol

she was always beautiful to me .... and those are some nice tits too

jett

D-Member
Didn't see that Kore twist coming. I don't think she's plotting at all, she's just escaping from her impossible situation.

And Crixus is a beast.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
When they showed the bridge made out of bodies (which was totally gruesome and also kind of awesome), I noticed that the camera zoomed in on a dead woman that looked an awful lot like Kore, but it wasn't her right?

I've come to expect that the show will give you slow motion shots all day long but that one where the camera barrel rolled in time with Spartacus was pretty great.

I thought that was a really great scene as well.

lol @ having sex outside during a blizzard

People are freezing to death in Spartacus' camp even when they're wrapped up in blankets and huddled together in tents, and yet Gannicus is lying in the snow, fucking a topless Sybil underneath...what was that, a wagon? Some kind of board with a bit of cloth stuck to it? In the middle of a blizzard. And they survived. wat

It also sort of bothered me that when people were walking around camp, they were barely wearing anything at all. Many of the guys were wearing little more than some briefs and leg protectors and they weren't even trying to wrap themselves up in blankets, tents, fur, etc. I realize that they didn't plan on going into the mountains, and thus didn't have any time to gather up warm clothes, but it seemed strange to me that the cold didn't seem to bother them much.

Pkaz01

People are freezing to death in Spartacus' camp even when they're wrapped up in blankets and huddled together in tents, and yet Gannicus is lying in the snow, fucking a topless Sybil underneath...what was that, a wagon? Some kind of board with a bit of cloth stuck to it? In the middle of a blizzard. And they survived. wat

It also sort of bothered me that when people were walking around camp, they were barely wearing anything at all. Many of the guys were wearing little more than some briefs and leg protectors and they weren't even trying to wrap themselves up in blankets, tents, fur, etc. I realize that they didn't plan on going into the mountains, and thus didn't have any time to gather up warm clothes, but it seemed strange to me that the cold didn't seem to bother them much.

I think the people wearing the least amount of clothing were the surviving germans like lugo and saxa for example were both doing just fine.

And most of the thousand that died looked like the malnourished slaves they freed rather than the in shape fighters. Plus you can't really expect them to kill off anyone important with a blizzard they just needed gannicus and sybil to get together away from saxa so they can fuck.

On another note, Kore is really interesting at this point I think the point of the dagger was to escape and its not going to come up again. However, we never found out what exactly she planned with Ceaser. I doubt she would get herself killed just so he can get glory in defeating spartacus. Like Crassus would let him live to see the day if he ever found out.

Monocle

I'm kind of disappointed that Gannicus fell for the predictable "bang the doe-eyed tart who's been following you around all season" trope. Saxa didn't deserve that. And how boring it was to see Gannicus make a pattern of betraying those closest to him by sleeping with the wrong woman. Not the deftest writing this series has seen.

It's also a bit of a letdown that Kore defected to Spartacus's side. I was ready for her to reveal to Crassus how Tiberius raped her. Yes, that would have been as predictable as the Gannicus thing, but this show could use some more father-son tension at this point. Now the girl will probably
be crucified in a melodramatic fashion at the end of the season, and Crassus will be so sad, and everyone will be so, so sad.
Then again,
Kore's escape could be a Clever Stratagem™ that she developed with Caesar toward some vengeful purpose we'll discover later on.
I guess that might be OK.

Enosh

Best episode so far for me. The rebels finally getting something close to a win was overdue.
wait what? they won pretty much everything and even when they "lost" they didn't loose anyone, not even an unnamed extra while murdering hundreds, so the "loses" are more of a draw if anything

pants

When Gannacus grabs Spartacus from behind and bear hugs him he seems like he is enjoying it waaaaay too much :lol

Raging Crixus was by far the best part of this episode. Goddamn. Also liking prep time Crassus.

Only disappointment of the episode? Navea not dying during the failed night attack. Very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom