• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenist

They're dragging their feet a lot. They should have started culling the herd by now. It's twice now that we spent a large amount of the episode on one of Gannicus' adventures with that chick.

Omega

Banned
Raging Crixus was by far the best part of this episode. Goddamn. Also liking prep time Crassus.

Only disappointment of the episode? Navea not dying during the failed night attack. Very disappointing.
thats how i feel. i hated her last season. she needs to go

Man, that snow sex scene was ridiculous lmao.
i bursted out laughing. it made no sense, but i dont take this show serious and i hope the writers don't either

we all saw Gannicus tappin that ass, so i guess to make it unpredictable they did it during a blizzard

Hystzen

Dammit Gannicus you where meant to have both Saxa and Sibyl at same time but holy crap you don't give a shit where you have sex.

Well Tiberius is screwed now that Ceaser has obviously plotted for him be killed by Kore

That would be awesome if they completely ignored history and simply had the last episode sparticus killing everyone in slow mo.......if inglorious bastards can do it why not this.

Mxrz

What are the chances there'll be a Spartacus Complete blu/dvd set this Summer? I'm sure there'll be one eventually, but would they stagger it out to sell season 3's standalone? Trying to decide if I should pick up season 2 or just wait for a complete box.

Outsanity

Was the girl that got zoomed in on on the "bridge" of bodies at the end anyone we were supposed to recognise? I felt like the camera lingered there for quite a while but I haven't been able to go back and rewatch it.

Pkaz01

I'd guess they'll wait until the penultimate episode to start killing some of the bigger people.

Same thing as last season it seems like they didn't kill anyone all season long and then the last episode comes and everyone is fucking dead.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Anyone else disappointed that Gannicus cheated on Saxa?

Yeah, poor Saxa. She's a much better character than Sybil AKA the doe eyed mousey non character. I hope Gannicus doesn't leave Saxa for her. Hopefully the sex between those two was just a one time thing.

Was the girl that got zoomed in on on the "bridge" of bodies at the end anyone we were supposed to recognise? I felt like the camera lingered there for quite a while but I haven't been able to go back and rewatch it.

Kore_Profile.png

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
no dude, she went through the wall... they showed her alive and well. she actually had to walk on dead girl to get there.

Oh, she was just a corpse. Directors sometimes zoom into the faces of 'background' characters when they've been killed to create a dramatic moment

Shadow780

Note to self: fucking in a blizzard keeps you alive.

That was some S tier titties HBK smashed, he keeps giving what we want :D

It's kind of funny that you guys are saying Gannicus "cheated" on Saxa... he's not exactly the most monogamous character, but it's kind of ironic since Sibyl makes him want to be a better person (fight for a cause, be more selfless like Spartacus), and then he sleeps with her.

I liked Spartacus's comment about Gannicus having wine in his blood to keep him warm.

The Crassus/Caesar/Tiberius/Kore plot was a little thin, though. Jealous Caesar, Tiberius lording over his position... we've seen it before. I don't think Kore told Caesar what Tiberius did, though. She just convinced him to grant her an audience with Crassus as a means of getting back at Tiberius. I think she realized that in her position, there was no way Crassus would believe her over Tiberius.

It would be interesting to see if Kore and Laeta interact. They are both Romans who opposed Spartacus but now see first-hand the chains of slavery and his cause.

I think Crassus's loyalty to Tiberius will backfire. Not sure in what way, but they keep showing Crassus' unshakable faith in his son despite Tiberius's limitations.

Tokubetsu

I don't get why Kore went with the rebels. Let alone how did she just walk into camp like it was nothing.

Snowstorm, thousands of people in the camp, thousands dying. She went with the rebels because she didn't want to become Tiberius' sex slave. Crassus sending her to his house in his mind, is him doing her a favor (elevating her position in the only way he can as she's a slave).

She couldn't tell him about the rape because when she risked everything to do so, he pretty much told her his son was now absolved of all sin and nothing he could do now could ever break their relationship again.

drexl

Banned
As much as I love this series, there some parts that are just so butt-fuckingly stupid that I have to visibly facepalm in disbelief, like the dudebro slaves strutting around half-naked in SUB-ZERO temperatures. Seriously, WTF? They're not even trying to make this series believable anymore. And what the hell was up with showing at the beginning that it was nearly impossible to scale the wall that was blocking the pass, and then at the end where all the dudebros climb up and slaughter all the guards with no problems whatsoever? I had to fight the urge to laugh at how bad it was. This show is becoming comical in how ridiculous it is.

I really wish HBO would make a Rome 2.

As much as I love this series, there some parts that are just so butt-fuckingly stupid that I have to visibly facepalm in disbelief, like the dudebro slaves strutting around half-naked in SUB-ZERO temperatures. Seriously, WTF? They're not even trying to make this series believable anymore. And what the hell was up with showing at the beginning that it was nearly impossible to scale the wall that was blocking the pass, and then at the end where all the dudebros climb up and slaughter all the guards with no problems whatsoever? I had to fight the urge to laugh at how bad it was. This show is becoming comical in how ridiculous it is.

The trench hadn't been filled with dead bodies at the start, therefore it would have been much harder to scale the wall, once they filled the trench with the dead, it was much easier to climb.

Pkaz01

Its a show where people have been getting what should be fatal wounds for 3 seasons and have not died or gotten an infection, and that is what you complain about in season 3?

Gannicus won a fight blindfolded in the prequel. This series has always been ridiculous and over the top.

drexl

Banned
The trench hadn't been filled with dead bodies at the start, therefore it would have been much harder to scale the wall, once they filled the trench with the dead, it was much easier to climb.

Even so, can you really buy the very next scene where like, the four of them jump down from the wall to take on HUNDREDS of roman soldiers?

Now I'm a guy who's usually willing to suspend my disbelief on many things, but that scene was just plain stupid.

Gannicus won a fight blindfolded in the prequel. This series has always been ridiculous and over the top.

Yeah, but that scene was badass, so I'm willing to give it a pass. Also it's been highlighted how awesome a fighter Gannicus is, so that makes it kinda believable.

CloudWolf

Okay, I now officially hate the way the show portrays the Roman army. Seriously, even an army comprised of children wouldn't be this incompetent. Twenty gladiators/slaves shouldn't be able to kill "a few hundred" trained soldiers without taking as much as a scratch.

jett

D-Member
Okay, I now officially hate the way the show portrays the Roman army. Seriously, even an army comprised of children wouldn't be this incompetent. Twenty gladiators/slaves shouldn't be able to kill "a few hundred" trained soldiers without taking as much as a scratch.

These aren't gladiators.

They're superheroes.

And I'm fine with that.

It would be interesting to see if Kore and Laeta interact. They are both Romans who opposed Spartacus but now see first-hand the chains of slavery and his cause.

Is Kore Roman? Since she's a slave that has been with crassus' family for a while, i assumed she was brought to Rome at a young age.

Next episode preview spoilers regarding Laeta:
Looks like we finally get to see Spartacus and Laeta hook up, they've been building up to it for a few episodes now

Also, is it me or do the gladiators have signature fight moves? Agron is constantly bashing fools in the face with his shield, Gannicus has that simultaneous 2 sword slash etc

Omega

Banned
from the pilot you could tell this show wasn't supposed to be serious.

and Spartacus & Friends have been super heroes for two seasons now, why is it an issue now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom