• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the "Superheros, not gladiators" train as well. Think of Sparty & Friends as some kind of Justice League, while the Roman soldiers are just cannon fodder. Sparty & Friends were trained meticulously and received way more personal training from teachers who were trained the same way. The Roman army is trained en masse and are low, as individuals, on the power level scale.

I'm on the "Superheros, not gladiators" train as well. Think of Sparty & Friends as some kind of Justice League, while the Roman soldiers are just cannon fodder. Sparty & Friends were trained meticulously and received way more personal training from teachers who were trained the same way. The Roman army is trained en masse and are low, as individuals, on the power level scale.

I'm on board with this as well. I like to think of it as similar to a number (dozens most likely) of ninjas VS 1,000 normal soldiers. Ninjas win every time (as long as the soldiers don't have guns).

Rur0ni

Ugh. Really was hoping for some people to bite the dust. I understand they are all "boss", but at least show some vulnerability ala Game of Thrones. Make it a bit unpredictable.

Shame on Gannicus.

Shame about Kore, if she got to the point sooner perhaps things could have been better.

Crassus, dat trickery. This series has had great villains.

yeah, another great episode as usual but people must die. we are nearing the end.

send these warriors to vallhalla, or maximus' farm or wherever the fuck they reside in the afterlife.

edit: and I love Caesar but am I the only one who doesn't want a spinoff from this series? they should end it with a bang and see the showrunner go off to something else.

hamchan

yeah, another great episode as usual but people must die. we are nearing the end.

send these warriors to vallhalla, or maximus' farm or wherever the fuck they reside in the afterlife.

edit: and I love Caesar but am I the only one who doesn't want a spinoff from this series? they should end it with a bang and see the showrunner go off to something else.

Biggest bang would be if Spartacus and co kill Crassus and Caesar. Would never forget such an ending.

killing caesar would make no sense.

but yeah it would be cool to see an absolute slaughter on both fronts. just kill them all. have spartacus send the refugees away and lead his army into a final battle to the end.

Big-E

Why is this the first I am hearing of Spartacus in space. Could be fantastic though I do feel the dialog will suffer without the context o the time period. Maybe they can make them space Romans.

hamchan

killing caesar would make no sense.

but yeah it would be cool to see an absolute slaughter on both fronts. just kill them all. have spartacus send the refugees away and lead his army into a final battle to the end.

Uh yeah, that's the point. It would deviate from history and probably be one of the most memorable and surprising endings in a tv show ever.

I know they want to launch a Caesar spin off btw, I'm just having fun.

Joni

Biggest bang would be if Spartacus and co kill Crassus and Caesar. Would never forget such an ending.

Caesar wouldn't be possible if they want that spin-off, but do they really need Crassus to survive? Okay, he became consul, but aside from that gigantic feast he didn't do anything really spectacular.

Burger

Fucking Manu Bennett has become a force of nature this season. His acting was a bit ropey in season 1, much better in season 2 but fuck me if he hasn't been amazing for the past 7 episodes.

This show...

Bazza

Love this show, although i don't want it to end i do at the same time, i wanna buy the lot in a massive bluray box set and treat myself to a monster Spartacus session.

Enosh

Ugh. Really was hoping for some people to bite the dust. I understand they are all "boss", but at least show some vulnerability ala Game of Thrones. Make it a bit unpredictable.
yeah this is one of my problems with it the show tells us how they are in danger constantly, but it never actually shows them ever being in danger, even when they are clearly ambushed in the night they make it out perfectly fine without loosing anyone, not even an extra

the scene where spartacus said "we can't face them they have armor and better discipline" made me laugh, as if that ever had any effect on anything, you can't tell us this is why they can't win but never make it matter when it does come to a fight

Tagg9

Just watched the newest episode, and the quality is still there.

This season is about 10x better than the crap that was Vengeance.

AzerPhire

Going to throw this out there that everyone should be very careful when reading about the series or watching any YouTube clips. A leaked song list from the soundtrack is making its rounds and contains some rather meaty character spoilers. And it has been confirmed real by SDK though he says the titles are not all as they seem.

The Romans needs to stop ambushing the Gladiators, they get butchered every fucking time :lol:
Shit is stupid.

When Spartacus and his gang entered Crassus' tent I expected a ninja-style ambush (death from the rafters) or some elaborate trap (floor falls out, spears/arrows flying into the tent, set the tent on fire). I guess they wanted to preserve it for when Crassus actually got there, but why not sacrifice a tent to try to take down the best rebels? Would Crassus allow his troops to kill/capture Spartacus in his absence?

The Romans needs to stop ambushing the Gladiators, they get butchered every fucking time :lol:
Shit is stupid.

Unfortunately that's kind of realistic. They had their learned battle tactics and never really strayed far from them, which was one of their main weaknesses. It's happened multiple times throughout history too. Wars used to be fought by both sides just lining up and shooting at each other...lol.

Radec

So I was checking up the race/origin of the characters in wikipedia and I accidentally read how or when
Gannicus
will die.

:(

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Christ. I read the soundtrack "spoilers" and I really wish I hadn't. The power of alcohol (I might be slightly drunk as I type this). I better not say anymore or else the spoilers may leak from my words. For now I shall leave this here. Sibyl? Smoking hot:

spartacus+3.jpg

Dysun

Yeah, poor Saxa. She's a much better character than Sybil AKA the doe eyed mousey non character. I hope Gannicus doesn't leave Saxa for her. Hopefully the sex between those two was just a one time thing.

hahaa Saxa is basically just a wild girl who fucks Gannicus, her character is no better than the doe eyed girl who fucks Gannicus

params7

Banned

I've been thinking of Spartacus as Goku and Crixus as Vegeta since the 1st season. They share a lot of foreshadowing with the storylines in DBZ (constant fights between them to see who is better but always unite against threat).

Also Onameous was Piccolo. Gannicus is adult Gohan.

Drazgul

Romans had the right to sell themselves into slavery to pay off debts. Hence, Varro being a Roman slave.

Was he a slave, though? Free men sometimes became gladiators, doesn't mean they became slaves with no rights (as gladiators in a ludus, most of the rules would still apply to them, of course).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
hahaa Saxa is basically just a wild girl who fucks Gannicus, her character is no better than the doe eyed girl who fucks Gannicus

She's a badass warrior who also likes to party. Much better than the doe eyed innocent slave girl who does nothing besides get in the way.

New episode tonight:
Separate Paths

Spartacus and the rebels arrive at a crossroads. With the relentless Crassus driving his men hard in the pursuit of Spartacus, the conflict between Tiberius and Caesar escalates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom