• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials

Chumley

Banned
Yup, he's been pushing this since day one. We keep trying to tell him otherwise.

Uh, this is the first time I've even talked about Rosenstein. Might have me confused with someone else.

I don't trust Rosenstein. I'm amazed that that makes me an Alex Jones tier conspiracy theorist.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Comey was playing 4D Chess
Mueller is playing Texas Hold 'em sitting behind stacks of chips
Trump is trying to change the batteries in his See 'N Say

Razmos

DCUN-eNXsAADqzl.jpg
Amazing.

I bet the orange gremlin is stamping his feet and throwing a tantrum as we speak.

My FAVORITE outcome would be that Flynn/Pence/etc were knowingly colluding and charged for it.

BUT Donny was too stupid to know it was happening/was actually innocent but still gets pooned for obstructing justice/money laundering etc.

Oh god, if it turned out that everyone but Trump was taking Russian handouts and making sweetheart deals, and he was just sitting there witlessly hemorrhaging money the whole time not understanding why everyone's so suspicious... ahahaha.

As much as I want him to be guilty of a hundred and one things, that would almost be better just as the coup de grace on anyone who voted for this witless fuck because of how "smart" he is.

Uh, this is the first time I've even talked about Rosenstein. Might have me confused with someone else.

I don't trust Rosenstein. I'm amazed that that makes me an Alex Jones tier conspiracy theorist.

Maybe so. I apologize. There's someone then with a similar avatar that kept saying Rosenstein could never be trusted and should have resigned.

Yup, he's been pushing this since day one. We keep trying to tell him otherwise.

I think Rosenstein is a slimy opportunist. Mueller is his way to leave this admin clean. Firing Mueller at Trump's will shits away the entire point of hiring him in the first place. It's batshit.

What does hiring Mueller and then firing him do for Resenstein? You're going just a tad bit beyond healthy skepticism.

theWB27

He's done what everyone wanted. Hiring who many consider to be top tier.

You don't have to trust him, but doubting him is ignoring how significant that move was In favor of cynicism.

Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.
This is going to be real bad for some people.

Indeed. If this sticks, a lot of people could be going away or they might make a plea deal and just send more people up the river to save their own skin, which will be exactly what's going to end up happening.

Have a miserable birthday you sad sack of shit. Maybe they'll let you have two scoops of ice cream with your cake in federal prison this time next year if you behave like a good boy!

Also I doubt Trump can fire Mueller that quickly. Surely Rosenstein will not do it, so he'd have to fire him and find a replacement who would. And if he does that the jokes about Trump speedrunning the Nixon presidency become even more real than they already were.

Lo-Volt

[The Washington] Post says Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, the NSA’s Mike Rogers and Rogers’ former deputy, Richard Ledgett, agreed to be interviewed as early as this week. (Bloomberg)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Comey was in peak form during that testimony.

His language was too precise. The Fox News crowd doesn't understand Lawyer.

Chumley

Banned
He's done what everyone wanted. Hiring who many consider to be top tier.

You don't have to trust him, but doubting him is ignoring how significant that move was In favor of cynicism.

I agree, but when he says things like "I wouldn't fire Mueller without good reason", it sounds like a qualification. If he just said "I wouldn't fire Mueller" I'd feel better.

I think Rosenstein is a slimy opportunist. Mueller is his way to leave this admin clean. Firing Mueller at Trump's will shits away the entire point of hiring him in the first place. It's batshit.

What does hiring Mueller and then firing him do for Resenstein? You're going just a tad bit beyond healthy skepticism.
Yeah Rosenstein's career as an independent attorney will be over if he under pressure from Trump fires his own handpicked special counsel. Rosenstein has an agenda but I dont think he will lie down for Trump.

kirblar

I agree, but when he says things like "I wouldn't fire Mueller without good reason", it sounds like a qualification. If he just said "I wouldn't fire Mueller" I'd feel better.
It is one, but it's also one he has to make, because he can't make that type of blanket assurance. He's still a lawyer, not a politician.

I agree, but when he says things like "I wouldn't fire Mueller without good reason", it sounds like a qualification. .

That's because he has to have a qualification to fire Mueller. It's part of Mueller's protections.

Ask yourself this. If Rosenstein was in Trump's pocket, why did he give Mueller the jurisdiction to search beyond the Russian / Collusion investigation if he uncovered stuff while looking into the Russian / Collusion investigation?

theWB27

I can dig it, but i took that as a dig that we all know trump doesn't have a good way.

No, his answer is correct. Clinton fired FBI director too, but thats because the FBI director was illegally using taxpayer funds for his own leisure. If Mueller is doing similar I dont have a problem if Rosenstein fires him.

Kettch

It's accurate though. Mueller could theoretically do some horrible stuff and be fired. That's obviously not going to happen, but Rosenstein can't just omit that possibility.

Bakercat

Yeah, you may not be under investigation on comey watch, but muller is a different story dude. Happy birthday trumpster, may you have a wonderful day.

party-popper-explosion-illustration-white-background-37895421.jpg

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
[The Washington] Post says Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, the NSA’s Mike Rogers and Rogers’ former deputy, Richard Ledgett, agreed to be interviewed as early as this week. (Bloomberg)

That is stated in the article posted in the OP

FYI, Coats and Rogers were a part of the Intel cmte hearing last week who would not answer any questions regarding possible obstruction by the POTUS. So this means they likely offered to assist Mueller's team prior to that and that's why they stiffed the Intel cmte.

Top Bottom