• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials

Mueller comin

sM7XClQ.jpg

kpWiDWW.jpg

Buckle

Yeah, normally he's pretty logical, but when it comes to GOP politics all logic goes out the window. It's ridiculous.
Was he a "KILLARY'S EMAILS!" guy?

If so, confront him about how hypocritical it was to believe that when everything going right now is much better sourced and evident.

They were scraping the bottom of the barrel desperately with her. With Trump, you can't walk two feet without stepping over a crime or corruption in his administration and shady business dealings with Russia.

Yeah, normally he's pretty logical, but when it comes to GOP politics all logic goes out the window. It's ridiculous.
Yup, same here. My dad is the level-headed logical one in the house until Obama/liberals/democrats or Trump comes up and then he swings to the respective ends of the right wing BS spectrum

Was he a "KILLARY'S EMAILS!" guy?

If so, confront him about paper thin that shit and how hypocritical it was to believe that when everything going right now is much better sourced and evident.

They were scraping the bottom of the barrel desperately to find something on her. With Trump, you can't walk two feet without stepping over a crime or corruption in his administration and shady business dealings with Russia.

He wasn't hard on that stuff from what I remember, but he deflects every bit of logic you throw at him. Any source you try to give him is biased and any report is refuted by someone. I told him about the Watergate guy who wrote the op-ed about Comey's testimony being enough to cause obstruction and he said "yeah well I read something that said it's not and I know who to trust!"

It's an impossible fight.

RaidenZR

My dad saw this headline (on Fox News) and said "witch hunt" and "they'll find nothing". I'm sad for his stubbornness.

Tell your dad that there's nothing to "find". Trump did the obstruction in broad daylight for the entire country to see.

Most of us had our fucking eyes open.

Derwind

can't get impeached for obstructing justice if you keep obstructing justice

reece.JPG

Lets be real, Trump fires Mueller, he has no excuse to lean on to try to explain his erractic behaviour.

"He's just new at this" didn't cut it before, its definitely not going to now.

He wasn't hard on that stuff from what I remember, but he deflects every bit of logic you throw at him. Any source you try to give him is biased and any report is refuted by someone. I told him about the Watergate guy who wrote the op-ed about Comey's testimony being enough to cause obstruction and he said "yeah well I read something that said it's not and I know who to trust!"

It's an impossible fight.
Is it just a dad thing? Mine says the exact same things. Try to bring up NYT or WaPo sources, and he won't read them because they can't be trusted. Bring up stuff regarding climate change, and he just says there are scientists that sat otherwise and the classic "You have your opinion and I have mine". If it's something favoring liberals or against Trump/GOP, it's all biased liberal agenda

It's insanely frustrating. I just try to avoid any and all political discussion with him now, and leave the room if Trump stuff comes up

This would be a last opportunity for trump to play his fire Mueller card if he has it, and if he has a lot of secrets to keep hidden.

Possible financial crimes?

*looks up Mueller's team*

WE GUNNIN FOR THE WHOLE TRUMP ORGANIZATION FAMS

Best part about financial crimes? They can be charged at the state level where Presidential pardons have no power.

Comey's hearing was a fuckin' TRAP

'I didn't say he was under investigation, that's true'

*Mueller runs in with a steel chair*

'BUT I DIDN'T SAY THAT'

*BONK*

Is it just a dad thing? Mine says the exact same things. Try to bring up NYT or WaPo sources, and he won't read them because they can't be trusted. Bring up stuff regarding climate change, and he just says there are scientists that sat otherwise and the classic "You have your opinion and I have mine". If it's something favoring liberals or against Trump/GOP, it's all biased liberal agenda

It's insanely frustrating. I just try to avoid any and all political discussion with him now, and leave the room if Trump stuff comes up

It's just a right-wing thing. You can't communicate with them at all anymore

Possible financial crimes?

*looks up Mueller's team*

WE GUNNIN FOR THE WHOLE TRUMP ORGANIZATION FAMS

Best part about financial crimes? They can be charged at the state level where Presidential pardons have no power.
My hope is this investigation opens up mob (preferably Russian) ties to his finances. That would be swell.

I think the problem is he, and a lot of other old GOP guys, just don't want to accept that what they believe is wrong and their judgement is incorrect. So they'd rather die on the hill than accept they were wrong.

Jerm411

No wonder he wanted to fire Mueller...no coincidence on that timing.

He fucked up big time firing Comey...now his boy will be delivering the receipts lol.

theWB27

If you spoke to my father you'd think he was a hardcore republican. He voted for reagan. Thankfully he believes in science too much, can't wait to see trump out and votes democrat.

Men tend to skew a little more to the authoritarian side and with that comes a stubbornness about change and an aversion to the perceived forces of changes, which conservatives usually bill as "the liberal agenda."

My own father voted for Trump, but it's mostly because they're both temperamental narcissists who fawn over wealth and status, rather than because he has an attachment to conservative politics. But he's something of an outlier among dads, I expect.

kirblar

If you spoke to my father you'd think he was a hardcore republican. He voted for reagan. Thankfully he believes in science too much, can't wait to see trump out and votes democrat.
I can totally understand why people voted GOP after the mess that was the '70s.

I can't understand it in today's world.

Top Bottom