• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Platy

I wonder if they are going to make some change to the suit in the middle for trying to be secret ... I mean dude even posed for pics before =P

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
sorry I couldn't help it

5NGZfiF.png

You were meant to bring balance to the MCU, not destroy it!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lol all it takes is one black coat.

It's probably just raining a bit and they'll have to protect the suit.

believe

SpaceWolf

Banned
So was Holand actually wearing a practical suit in at least some of the shots for Civil War? Because it was my understanding that his suit was 100% of the time every second he was on screen.

The Kree

Banned
So was Holand actually wearing a practical suit in at least some of the shots for Civil War? Because it was my understanding that his suit was 100% of the time every second he was on screen.

The suit on film is 100% CGI. As far as we can tell, the design wasn't finalized until almost the very end of the process. It came in way late, so they had to draw it over him. We can see his practical suit in his solo movie matches the final Civil War suit exactly.

He did wear a practical suit on set, but it seems that he was there mostly for reference material? Since the entire airport fight was CG, apparently.

I guess even the bit at the end where he removes his mask is CG?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He did wear a practical suit on set, but it seems that he was there mostly for reference material? Since the entire airport fight was CG, apparently.

I guess even the bit at the end where he removes his mask is CG?
There was a gif where the Avengers were doing stuff in a gren screen and a stunt man in a Spider-Suit was doing flips

Quick

Banned
Seems like Holland did a mix of having a practical suit and a mocap suit.

In one of the BTS clips where him and Sebastian Stan were facing off, it was a mocap suit, but in other shots, it was a practical suit.

The suit seems a bit too loose-fitting. Considering the suit is supposed to be protection from his weapons, I imagine it would be more padded

You know the best thing about those Shocker photos? He looks exactly like he should - the kind of dude Spider-Man would find robbing a 7-11 on his way home from fighting a real villain

Layell

That red shirt and blue pants is really subtle there Peter.

I hope Tony or someone who knows his identity calls him out on it.

Speaking of Miles, there was an earlier report that a different actor would be playing as a character based on Ganke Lee but it was later said that it was wrong and some wires were crossed--it seems to me that this film's Ned Leeds character is basically Ganke in everything but name. Batalon certainly looks the part for Ganke and his character is described as Peter's best friend. I dunno.

EDIT: I'm thinking Betty Brant's role is small and is the girl Ned asks to the homecoming dance.

EDIT: Actually, yeah, I'm thinking a main running plot line will be Peter and Ned trying to get a date for the homecoming dance. Ned will try Betty, and Peter will be after Liz for most of the film, but she ends up going with Flash, and then Peter is instead set up with MJ or Michelle or Mary Jane or whatever the actual name of Zendaya's character ends up being (hoping she is just Mary Jane).

SpaceWolf

Banned
Speaking of Miles, there was an earlier report that a different actor would be playing as a character based on Ganke Lee but it was later said that it was wrong and some wires were crossed--it seems to me that this film's Ned Leeds character is basically Ganke in everything but name. Batalon certainly looks the part for Ganke and his character is described as Peter's best friend. I dunno.

Reading this post made me realise that in the original comic book run, Peter basically had no friends whatsoever in high school. No dependable male best friend, no zany comic relief sidekick...Parker always really was a true loner in his high school years. He didn't even meet Gwen Stacy or Harry Osborn until he first started college.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Reading this post made me realise that in the original comic book run, Peter basically had no friends whatsoever in high school. No dependable male best friend, no zany comic relief sidekick...Parker always really was a true loner in his high school years. He didn't even meet Gwen Stacy or Harry Osborn until he first started college.

Yeah, but (not to be that guy) he had loads of friends (eventually) in Ultimate Spider-Man and I think that worked out better. But he did start off as a loner, too, with only MJ as (kinda) his friend.

Top Bottom