• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

SpaceWolf

Banned
oh lets break it DOWN Peter

emo-peter-parker-street-walk-o.gif

Pachimari

Even if it's still CG, it can still look less CG-y than in Civil War. The one in Civil War looks more computer generated than the ones in the Spider-Man trilogy and the Amazing duo.

Even if it's still CG, it can still look less CG-y than in Civil War. The one in Civil War looks more computer generated than the ones in the Spider-Man trilogy and the Amazing duo.

The suit is a different texture which means light reacts differently to it than we are used to. I'm not saying the CG is perfect but that is one reason why it looks *off*

Posted this before but it's a good explanation

http://www.geek.com/news/why-spider-man-looks-so-weird-in-captain-america-civil-war-1649510/

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Also, this. Go and watch the raimi movies...the blu ray releases really make it stand out in a bad way.

ASM looks pretty good but you can still tell.

In the first SM film when Peter goes after Uncle Ben's killer, the CG of him wall crawling looked really bad.

Also, this. Go and watch the raimi movies...the blu ray releases really make it stand out in a bad way.

ASM looks pretty good but you can still tell.

ASM1 is peculiar...they attempted practical stunt work for Spidey in some scenes and CG for others. Sticks out not for the quality but his capabilities.

ASM2 mostly nailed it. His web climb while swinging is lovely.

Spinluck

Yeah, Spidey looks great in TASM2. Most of his scenes were at night though and he was interacting with a fully CG Electro so he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Still probably the best Spidey movent wise and everything, it looked awesome.

In Civil War he's in brawl day light catching punches and shit with live actors. But saying it excuses the CG, but even Ironman's suit looked spotty, I think he'll look fine in his solo film.

icespide

Banned
Looks like the OG suit had a lot more muscle padding in the shoulder area.

probably just looks that way because the thick black lines aren't on the shoulders.

supposedly the practical suit was very poorly fitted for Tom because it was actually fitted for the stunt guy that did most of it

and when he jumps over buildings while learning his powers

Though Spider-Man 2 was a big improvement, it still looked a bit dodgy when he got his powers back and was jumping over buildings again.

The CGI's definitely improved a lot since then. I thought Spidey looked really good in Civil War.

Neoxon

logo was different on the on-set practical suit in civil war too

I love the one we got but I would have loved this one too:

jLLuNDl.jpg
Now I see why Lego screwed up the MCU Spider-Man logo for the Lego Civil War Spidey figure, they were going off of what they saw on the set of the film.

Either way, I'm glad that they moved away from raised webbing in the final design.

Top Bottom