• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

sernewarfare has it wrong. Sony was hosting a very prestigious Executive Dinner attended by all the top Brass etc. Gardfield was supposed to be one of the Guests of Honor. He called only an hour before the event andHe basically tells Sony sorry Im not coming.

You don't stand up your boss let alone the Boss of all the bosses like that unless is a life or death emergency. Dude just didn't want to be there and shit in Kaz's cheerios. Thats a no no.

There are multiple things that lead to his ousting. That dinner was one. The way he acted in general was one. There is also this.

In a report by Mashable, it is revealed that the professional relationship between Garfield and Sony executives wasn’t on the best of terms. You’ll recall that shortly after The Amazing Spider-Man 2‘s release, the actor seemed to imply that studio meddling was the primary culprit for the final product not achieving director Marc Webb’s original vision for the film, leading to the mixed response it received (sound familiar?). As you would expect, the Sony higher-ups didn’t take too kindly to that assessment, regardless of the full context of his statement.

Korigama

So what does this mean for the Sinister Six movie? Shelved or will that still be going ahead?

The real good news from this is that we won't be getting that rumoured Aunt May spy movie. Still not sure if that was ever real and if it was, what the hell Sony were smoking thinking that was a good idea.
Since both of those things were supposed to be part of the ASM continuity, Spider-Man's integration into the MCU through yet another reboot should mean that they're cancelled.

xsarien

daedsiluap
So what does this mean for the Sinister Six movie? Shelved or will that still be going ahead?

Hopefully it's just on hold. It's a neat idea that, given the trajectory of the ASM movies, probably would've just been a train wreck. Maybe as the sequel to the new-new S1 movie?

Pachimari

Since both of those things were supposed to be part of the ASM continuity, Spider-Man's integration into the MCU through yet another reboot should mean that they're cancelled.

Hopefully it's just on hold. It's a neat idea that, given the trajectory of the ASM movies, probably would've just been a train wreck. Maybe as the sequel to the new-new S1 movie?
Apparently, The Sinister Six is still getting shot but being altered.

BigDug13

I wouldn't mind seeing Tobey return. I don't think he was the issue with Spiderman 3 and I thought he did fine in the role. It would bring that instant recognizablility to the character.

Gorillaz

Fuck that. Black Panther isn't a wishy-washy dude.

I was interested in seeming them do it a different way tho or use CW to show that he is still green or "becoming" BP. If Spidey is back and it goes back to the original story of Civil War, then I wonder what that puts BP at now

I'm perfectly okay with that Aunt May movie going down the crapper, but I do hope SS is safe.

Yeah, it's definitely an interesting idea. We rarely get movies told solely from the perspective of villains, could be something special.

Apparently, The Sinister Six is still getting shot but being altered.

Fantastic news. If they can figure out a way to work it into the MCU, that would be pretty damn sweet.

I still can't believe this, first it was the P5 trailer surpassing all expectations and now this. I swear to god if The Order 1886 ends being good I'm eating a very raw crow.

PHOTOSHOP

okABV62.gif

0EeWDPs.jpg

6A5Zoh0.jpg

A) Amazing news
B) They will never find a better Spiderman than Garfield. And a 3rd consequent actor will replace the others to play the character? Please Sony/Marvel, don't make this mistake.

Would it be too late for a spider-man cameo in the new Avengers movie this year?

Hypothetically, no. They infamously shot the "shwarma" scene for Avengers just a few weeks before release.

However, the agreement seems to be crystal clear on when Spiderman can pop up in non-Sony films. Marvel gets him for one before the solo. They're not gonna burn that on a single scene, when they could use it to make him a part of Civil War.

Laieon

I'm actually really disappointed that Garfield is out, I thought he was great.

I guess the good news is that this leaves room for the return of Toby.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'll be disappointed if Stark doesn't make some ass-hole comment about where the hell spidey was during the first avengers movie.

Something something SHIELD or some kind of secret mission?

I've gotta believe that they've had some kind of contingency script in place ready to go to explain the absence of whatever heroes they suddenly get back and want to put front and center in MCU/Avengers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really a huge comic book movie fan but this is really neat.

Yrael

Seems I'm one of the few who isn't that thrilled about the news...I'm bummed about all the other movies being pushed back to accommodate the Spiderman movie.

I think it is possible the Sinister Six movie will just meld with the reboot of the new Spider-Man. Established villains coming after him.

That's a fantastic idea. We really don't need any more origin stories when it comes to Spiderman. Just have them exist in the universe when the movie starts and take it from there.

Really hope that's the direction they take.

Ban Puncher

The only part of the previous Spidey films worth bringing to the MCU is JK Simmons as JJJ. Everything else can be tossed. Especially Maguire.

CGI recreation of Macho Man as Bonesaw is also acceptable.

1. James Gunn is avoiding anything Bendis did with the Guardians in the comics.
2. James Gunn has a strict "No Humans Besides Star-Lord" rule.

James Gunn will probably leave after part 2. No MCU Director has lasted more than 2 films and on top of that Gunn doesn't own the IP. If Marvel wants Venom Marvel gets Venom. It that simple.

Top Bottom