• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Joeku

I know, I was being sarcastic. Although let's be honest, who doesn't want to see the return of this?

KVdpRcq.gif

I love that all the gifs of Spider-Man 3 are from a goddamn telesync.

On topic, dayum. I really hope they don't announce in advance what he's gonna pop up in, so it's a surprise.

Neoxon

James Gunn will probably leave after part 2. No MCU Director has lasted more than 2 films and on top of that Gunn doesn't own the IP. If Marvel wants Venom Marvel gets Venom. It that simple.
Marvel pretty much gave Gunn the keys to the cosmic kingdom after the success of GotG, & he's already planning for the third movie. He's gonna stick around.

And let's be honest, his "No Bendis Influence" rule is for the best.

Alienous

What makes me happiest about this is that it seems like we'll get to wrap the MCU v1.00 in a bow when it's all over and done with, without "It's a shame they couldn't get Spider-Man" lingering forever.

What makes me happiest about this is that it seems like we'll get to wrap the MCU v1.00 in a bow when it's all over and done with, without "It's a shame they couldn't get Spider-Man" lingering forever.

Definitely.

I just hope they cast someone half way decent as Spidey, but then Marvel casting has been pretty much perfect, so that's probably nothing to worry about.

Cream

Banned
Anyone else excited to own a great collection of films when Infinity War is finished? Put that neat little bow on it.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
We can't wrest until we pry FF and X-Men from Fox.

Nah, X-men are fine with Fox. They're on a solid run now; Wolverine, First Class and Days of Future Past were all good. Age of Apocalypse is happening, I can't hate that. Now that Fantastic Four though, ugh.

LaNaranja

James Gunn will probably leave after part 2. No MCU Director has lasted more than 2 films and on top of that Gunn doesn't own the IP. If Marvel wants Venom Marvel gets Venom. It that simple.

Nah. Gunn was straight up ready to quit making movies and just focus on video games and other small shit before he got the Guardians gig. He seems genuinely enthused when doing interviews about Guardians. Just listen to him.

We can't rest until we pry FF and X-Men from Fox.

I'd prefer X-Men stay their own thing. It'd be great to see them in the MCU at some point, but they are also fine in their own little universe for now. I also really like the direction that the movies there are going in with Apoc and the cast reboot.

Fantastic Four is one I definitely want to see Marvel grab, especially Doom and Galactus. Hell, we might even get a proper depiction of Reed, the almost maniacal genius.

FeD.nL

Who was it that posted the end credits scene of Age of Ultron should be that of Norman Osborn getting sworn in as president? Because that would be amazing.

Still spectaculary hyped for this.

Dalek

I wonder if this deal means they can use any spidey supporting characters in other productions? Could JJJ appear in Jessica Jones for example?

Xun

I do trust Feige will deliver, as long as this new Spidey has nothing to do with the previous universe.

So far that appears to be the case?

PsychBat!

Banned
Except the idea sucks and the fact that Venom was in the GotG book in the first place was because he doesn't have his own book anymore.

It's that simple.

Except the idea sucks and the fact that Venom was in the GotG book in the first place was because he doesn't have his own book anymore.

It's that simple.

No that's not the reason he's in Guardians. He's in Guardians because Bendis has been writing a long term story arc concerning the origins of the symbioses that dates back to the early days of his Avengers run and the idea does not suck anymore than Norman Osborn being in Thunderbolts.

Has anything been said about Avi Arad returning to produce? Wasn't he a sore point for Feige before?

Also, man I can't imagine the stress of juggling all these characters, especially in Infinity War. There is only so much oxygen in a room for Iron-Man, Cap, Spider-Man or Star Lord.

Someone is gonna get shafted...

Top Bottom