• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Question needs to be answered though: Where the fuck was Spidey during the first Avengers then?

Doing his own thing.

In Ultimate Spider-Man, Fury thought that Spidey was too immature and unimportant to even consider bringing him into The Avengers. Peter basically tried to fanboy his way into the organization. They could go a similar route here.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Doing his own thing.

In Ultimate Spider-Man, Fury thought that Spidey was too immature and unimportant to even consider bringing him into The Avengers. Peter basically tried to fanboy his way into the organization. They could go a similar route here.

Also worth noting Daredevil's only just started doing the superhero thing, and his first appearance is roughly shortly before Spider-Man shows up. So if Peter first shows up in CA 3, it roughly matches with the 616.

TimFL

Fighting one of his countless villians in Queens? or you know stopping petty criminals while NYC is in panic mode due to an Alien Invasion. Or fuck it he just took a day off and wanted to see Earth's Mightiest Hero handle the job while taking them photos for Bugle XD. Take your pick.

Or what about the best solution... there was no Spider-Man during that time? They could easily introduce him as a Spider-Man who was bit shortly after the Ultron events? It would definitely make sense considering almost everyone on earth knows who Spider-Man is due to the Daily Bugle etc. releasing articles 24/7 about him.

Put it however you want, you can't have a Spider-Man co-existing without being acknowledged in one form or the other. Best is to have his origin set off-screen between AoU and Cap 3. Looks like the option Marvel is going for anyways due to them apparently wanting a young Spidey. If he was around during A1 he would effectively be around ~3-5 years older (depending on how much time passed).

-griffy-

Banned
Question needs to be answered though: Where the fuck was Spidey during the first Avengers then?

There's nothing to suggest he even existed when the events of that movie took place. That was almost three years ago at this point, and it'll be another year until he even debuts in a film. He was just Peter Parker going to school and sometime after The Avengers he got bit and became Spidey. Plenty of time for that to be feasible.

JaxSteel

Neo Member
It would be really interesting if Gwen is already dead when we meet this new Spider-Man and she died in either the Chitauri or Ultron attacks.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It would be really interesting if Gwen is already dead when we meet this new Spider-Man and she died in either the Chitauri or Ultron attacks.

There's something weirdly hilarious about
Norman Osborne
hurling Gwen off a bridge then blaming the Chitauri for it.

Vinci

Danish
This sounds like a perfect thing for an Marvel One Shot.

I mean, he could have easily existed as Spider-Man by the time of the invasion. But I think people assume that heroes in these universes never travel or do anything other than wait for some catastrophe to happen so they can suit up. Frankly, I think a Euro trip would be a hilarious reason for him not have been there.

People need to keep in mind that the alien invasion lasted possibly less than an hour. Where was he? Taking a nap. Could've been up late studying for exams and passed out, slept through them, but the professor didn't fail anyone because the invasion happened so missing the exams wasn't a major concern that day.

Again - it's whatever they want it to be.

Or what about the best solution... there was no Spider-Man during that time? They could easily introduce him as a Spider-Man who was bit shortly after the Ultron events? It would definitely make sense considering almost everyone on earth knows who Spider-Man is due to the Daily Bugle etc. releasing articles 24/7 about him.

Put it however you want, you can't have a Spider-Man co-existing without being acknowledged in one form or the other. Best is to have his origin set off-screen between AoU and Cap 3. Looks like the option Marvel is going for anyways due to them apparently wanting a young Spidey. If he was around during A1 he would effectively be around ~3-5 years older (depending on how much time passed).

Yeah that works, thing is though do we want a rookie Spider-Man or a Spider-Man that has been fighting crime for quite some time now. Given past movies I kind of want to see that latter, specially if it's an adult Spider-Man.

jph139

I think the Sinister Six movie could have value. If they're avoiding his origin story it'd be a great way to "introduce" Spidey's rogue gallery without needing to dedicate screentime to their origins or generally introduce them in the mainline Spider-Man movie. Mysterio is an illusionist and Rhino is a thug and Sandman has sand powers, boom, now watch them fight.

Cuburt

This sounds like a perfect thing for an Marvel One Shot.

Or......wait for it.........an ABC limited series in the vein of Agent Carter.

But rather than taking place during the Avengers, it takes place in the aftermath of AoU and leads into Civil War. Believe.

LNBL

get

I think the Sinister Six movie could have value. If they're avoiding his origin story it'd be a great way to "introduce" Spidey's rogue gallery without needing to dedicate screentime to their origins or generally introduce them in the mainline Spider-Man movie. Mysterio is an illusionist and Rhino is a thug and Sandman has sand powers, boom, now watch them fight.
Could they tie Sinister Six in with the MCU as well? Ultimates fought alongside Spidey in Ultimate Spiderman

One of the best things about Spidey back at marvel is that now we will finally get Spider-man with muscles.

You work for Marvel you gonna get them abs!

The Spidey suit will look 10x better because of this.

I personally think that thin/lanky works best for Spider-man. I wouldn't call Maguire or Garfield "built" but they weren't scrawny either. Garfield had terrific movements that really captured spider-like motions. Having some "badass" play Peter Parker doesn't work for me.

I really don't get how anyone can see this as a terrible thing for the other films. Marvel still has the motivation to make every film as good as it can possibly be. Just because Inhumans are being moved after Avengers, that doesn't mean they will be worthless. Same for BP and CM. Marvel isn't suddenly going to trash their ideas for these characters. We'll just have to wait a bit longer to see them. I really doubt this has much effect on the BP character, as his introduction has always been in CW, so his solo film isn't necessary for him to be in Avengers. Marvel still knows what they are doing. Spider-Man won't make them stupid.

I really don't get how anyone can see this as a terrible thing for the other films. Marvel still has the motivation to make very film as good as it can possibly be. Just because Inhumans are being moved after Avengers, that doesn't mean they will be worthless. Same for BP and CM. Marvel isn't suddenly going to trash their ideas for these characters. We'll just have to wait a bit longer to see them. I really doubt this has much effect on the BP character, as his introduction has always been in CW, so his solo film isn't necessary for him to be in Avengers. Marvel still knows what they are doing. Spider-Man won't make them stupid.

People who are bitching about BP being pushed back... eh. It's hardly like they've cancelled it.

Cheebo

Banned

What? No no no no no. I think you missed the entire point of Gwen's death. That would be like killing off Uncle Ben in the the Chitauri/Ultron attacks.

don't really care for the mcu but spiderman's inclusion makes it a hell of a lot more fun to me now.

captain america 3 is the real avengers 2.

like look at those ASM2 gifs. such a shit film and yet the character looks as good as ever.

TimFL

Yeah that works, thing is though do we want a rookie Spider-Man or a Spider-Man that has been fighting crime for quite some time now. Given past movies I kind of want to see that latter, specially if it's an adult Spider-Man.

We don't know how much time passes between AoU and Cap 3. I think a year is enough to have a proper Spider-Man.

I just don't see them going "oh I've been around for a few years already but you didn't hear anything from me even though Ultron pretty much f***** up the whole world... I mean I was there!... Here have a flashback guys!".

What's the likelihood that they'll tie Peter's powers to Chitauri tech/infinity stones? It's kind of like how genetic engineering was the focal point of the Ultimates universe. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch = powers from Loki's specter. Agent of Shield and Captain America = Hydra weapons from Chirauti and Asgardian tech. Maybe experiments done with Chitauri tech post-Avengers is what mutated the spider that bites Peter, rather than radiation and genetics

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
this spiderman gets his power sometime during 2015 during daredevil, antman or something simple

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Maybe they should not find a execuse, just let him say that he dealt with the Chitauri on a smaller level. Saved a couple of people off the street in a area more distant from where the big fight happened.

Would also be more fitting, since Spider-Man is classical a Streetlevel hero, and not a big, universe saving auperhero like that what the Avengers are doing.

Sephzilla

What's the likelihood that they'll tie Peter's powers to Chitari tech/infinity stones? It's kind of like how genetic engineering was the focal point of the Ultimates universe. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch = powers from Loki's specter. Agent of Shields and Captain America = Hydra weapons from Chirati tech. Maybe experiments done with Chitari tech post-Avengers is what mutated the spider that bites Peter, rather than radiation and genetics

I don't think we'd get Spidey's powers tied into Chitari tech or anything like that. I could totally see the Green Goblin formula being some failed attempt to recreate the Super Soldier serum though. Maybe the same with the spider that bites Peter.

Top Bottom