• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

DeathyBoy

Banned

RoadRageVenom.gif

Avixph

If Venom is going to be in the new Spider-Man film series there should be multiple people that become venom at the same time throughout the films like an army and at the end only a few people such as Eddie (as classic Venom, Anti Venom, or Toxin) , Cletus (as Carnage) and Flash (as Agent Venom) get to keep their symbiote.

Marvel could just incorporate Spiderman in "Civil War" as a new slightly above street-level superhero that gets inspired by/pulled into the events of the movie. It does away with an origin story, yet could setup elements that could be explored more fully in Spidey's own standalone movie.

Regardless of Sony having finally say, Marvel should have a decent amount of creative input with Spiderman. Everybody in Hollywood wants to do what Marvel is doing, Sony has the chance to have Marvel rebuild their franchise for them, why wouldn't they be open to Marvel's input? I also doubt Marvel would put themselves in a creatively damaging situation by having Sony mess up a Spiderman/Avengers outing down the line.

Avixph

If Venom is going to be in the new Spider-Man film series there should be multiple people that become venom at the same time throughout the films like an army and at the end only a few people such as Eddie (as classic Venom, Anti Venom, or Toxin) , Cletus (as Carnage) and Flash (as Agent Venom) get to keep their symbiote.
So what do you peeps think?

You know everyone is so obsessed with Spidey being in Civil War but what about The Punisher? He played a really interesting role in that story and I loved the dichotomy between Cap and Frank. I think there was even a scene where a character said "Same guy, different war" and Cap got all pissed and was like "we are nothing alike". It would be so sweet to get Tom Jane to reprise his role too.

Make Spider Man earn his place in the MCU and I don't know why Hulk is wearing a towel :)

10959807_719656581465141_6299162600778800556_n.png

lol cuz poor spidey has to clean his shorts next. must be stinky.

You know everyone is so obsessed with Spidey being in Civil War but what about The Punisher? He played a really interesting role in that story and I loved the dichotomy between Cap and Frank. I think there was even a scene where a character said "Same guy, different war" and Cap got all pissed and was like "we are nothing alike". It would be so sweet to get Tom Jane to reprise his role too.

Punisher is more likely to appear in the Netflix series. Daredevil's showrunner made a few hints of it being a possibility.

Neoxon

He's not allowed to be in two things?
The thing is that they probably want to save Punisher for a Netflix debut & later cross over to the movies. Kinda like how Kingpin has the potential to be involved in the MCU Spidey movie after he's established in Daredevil.

Punisher should appear as a terrifying urban legend in the first phase of Netflix shows before coming on screen in all his terrifying glory in Daredevil Season 2.

Also, who should play Norman Osbourne/Green Goblin? I've a feeling they'll probably do Goblin again.

latest

TOTALLY. Remender knocks it out of the park with Flash, and especially with Jack O'Lantern.

Then it all goes to shit when Cullen Bunn takes over.

So much shit.

Just read Agent Venom, all of Remender's stuff, and then stop.

His run has one of my favorite conclusions of all time.

Flash and Jack made for such a fantastic protagonist/antagonist set-up.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
The thing is that they probably want to save Punisher for a Netflix debut & later cross over to the movies. Kinda like how Kingpin has the potential to be involved in the MCU Spidey movie after he's established in Daredevil.
That Kingpin "potential" wasn't even a possibility until two days ago though. You just pulled that out of your ass. :p

When it comes down to it, there's no telling how they'll use the Punisher. Him appearing in Civil War, especially if he's already been sprinkled into Daredevil and possibly Jessica Jones, would be awesome. We have no idea what they "probably want" at this point.

Ultimate Norman Osborn is a good interpretation of the character but no Ultimate Green Goblin. I loved Ultimate Osborn but could not stand the Goblin design.

Unfortunately I think what ultimately makes Ultimate Osborn most interesting is impossible if they are skipping Spider-man's origin.

So any chance of a spidey reference in Daredevil? I'm guessing probably not.
Filming's done and it's in late post production, so no. Could totally happen in JJ, though, and I bet we'll get some good Daily Bugle in there, since she's connected with it. They could bring back JK Simmons there!

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
What do we think about the Osbornes finally having their canonical hair? I feel like it is time.
I think the only word for his hair is "preposterous."

No thank you.

And yes, I realize it's probably just supposed to be curly or wavy. It's just drawn so f-ing horribly.

Top Bottom