• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions |OT| of Undelivered Ham

EYEL1NER

Is there anyway we could get a list of unlockables/fan-service/bonus costumes from anyone? Maybe get it added to the OP?

I know Scarlet Spider is in the game but what about the best Spider-Man suit, the Ben Reiley suit that Spider-Girl later wore?
BenSpiderLegs.gif

I know it's not different enough from the main suit as say, the silver colored Metal Padding Spidey or Iron Spider or 6-Armed Spiderman, but I love it. Is Spider-Thor in the game?

I deliberately avoided mentioning the unlockables in the OP cuz I don't want to spoil anyone's fun.

HOWEVER, if you don't mind having your fun spoiled, here's what we know about so far:

Captain Universe, Gamestop pre-order exclusive (this is the only unobtainable costume through regular means at the moment)
Iron Spider
Spider Armour
Scarlet Spider
Manga Spider-Man
Secret War Spidey
The Bombastic Bag-Man
Negative Zone Spidey
1602 Spidey
Noir Concept Spidey
Flipside
Ultimate Spidey (Red and Blues)
Insulated Spidey

EYEL1NER

Segata Sanshiro said:
I deliberately avoided mentioning the unlockables in the OP cuz I don't want to spoil anyone's fun.

HOWEVER, if you don't mind having your fun spoiled, here's what we know about so far:

Captain Universe, Gamestop pre-order exclusive (this is the only unobtainable costume through regular means at the moment)
Iron Spider
Spider Armour
Scarlet Spider
Manga Spider-Man
Secret War Spidey
The Bombastic Bag-Man
Negative Zone Spidey
1602 Spidey
Noir Concept Spidey
Flipside
Insulated Spidey
Thanks a lot. I decided to wiki it and try to find out for myself and now I'm disappointed.
Wanted the Ben Reilley suit in the game.
I wish a Spidey game would come along and blow me away with unlockables. I remember loving the unlocks in the PSone SpiderMan games. I just wish they would start going all-out with fan-service in Marvel games. Wolverine, MUA, and the SpiderMan games have been disappointing when it comes to extras like that.

EYEL1NER said:
Thanks a lot. I decided to wiki it and try to find out for myself and now I'm disappointed.
Wanted the Ben Reilley suit in the game.
I wish a Spidey game would come along and blow me away with unlockables. I remember loving the unlocks in the PSone SpiderMan games. I just wish they would start going all-out with fan-service in Marvel games. Wolverine, MUA, and the SpiderMan games have been disappointing when it comes to extras like that.
Ehn, there are more unlockable costumes in this game than there were in Spider-Man PSX.

That game had:

Scarlet Spider
Spider-Ben
Spidey 2099
Amazing Bag-Man
Captain Universe
Peter Parker
Quick Change Spidey
Spider-Man Unlimited
Symbiote Spidey

This is easily the most fan service-packed Spidey game yet.

Pimpbaa

Finished the first act. Really good game. Switching around between the different Spider-Men really keeps the game fresh.

Cow Mengde said:
1. There's a Wii version of this game?

2. It's actually good?
1. Yes.
2. Yes, as good as the HD versions, just not as pretty. Still really nice-looking though. It's amazing what multiplatform games can look like on Wii when it's not held back to the PS2's specs.

I'm more interested in the DS game, but I'm just in shock that there's a Wii version and it looks and plays pretty good. It's like backwards day or something.

Sadist

Segata made the Spidey thread, awesome.

And the game is actually interesting. Will buy. Also, Neil Patrick Harris wwooooo

EzLink

Banned
Bought from kmart :D Will use the $20 credit towards Reach

Can't play until tomorrow, but I'm going home this weekend (instead of staying and partying at college) so I should be able to get plenty of time in. Can't wait

Segata Sanshiro said:

Iron Spider
Spider Armour
Scarlet Spider
Manga Spider-Man
Secret War Spidey
The Bombastic Bag-Man
Negative Zone Spidey
1602 Spidey
Noir Concept Spidey
Flipside
Insulated Spidey

Aren't at least four of those preorder dlc? And it's missing Ben's second costume, thats like the second best spidey ever wore.

panda21

sounds like this is pretty good, i think i will pick it up tomorrow

kind of confused by how little attention it is getting

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
panda21 said:

I'm more confused by how little attention Activision is giving it.

I feel like their new MO is put out games and not advertise, promote or support them.

Amir0x

Banned
well i thought this was gonna be terrible but you got me interested, Segata. Consider me on board. CHOO CHOO

Pimpbaa

gutter_trash said:
okay, for 360+PS3 owners
which one should I get graphically?

PS3 seems ok. No AA, and could be sub 720. Not sure if this is the same for the 360 version.

Ridley327

Prime crotch said:
Aren't at least four of those preorder dlc? And it's missing Ben's second costume, thats like the second best spidey ever wore.
With the exception of the Captain Universe suits for all four (as that's DLC), every other costume can be earned in game.

Skilletor

panda21 said:
sounds like this is pretty good, i think i will pick it up tomorrow

I put this off as shitty spidey title #1482 due to history of the brand. Reading this thread and hearing about the VA talent has me extremely interested.

MAAAAAAAAAAARY JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE :lol

Ridley327

The level with
Sandman can be pretty insane, visually. Particularly the final encounter, when you barely have anything to stand on and you have to keep web zipping over barrels, trolley carts and, funny enough, Juggernaut's helmet. They did a really nice job with Amazing's cel-shading.

robot

Ridley327 said:
The level with
Sandman can be pretty insane, visually. Particularly the final encounter, when you barely have anything to stand on and you have to keep web zipping over barrels, trolley carts and, funny enough, Juggernaut's helmet. They did a really nice job with Amazing's cel-shading.

Yea I thought the cell shaded waterfalls and sand tornadoes were really well done.

see5harp

Sandman level, and the Amazing Spidey levels, in general, are the best looking of the bunch so far. 2099 stuff is also pretty damn impressive.

Segata Sanshiro said:
1. Yes.
2. Yes, as good as the HD versions, just not as pretty. Still really nice-looking though. It's amazing what multiplatform games can look like on Wii when it's not held back to the PS2's specs.
Really? The Wii version doesn't look like anything the PS2 would struggle with at all, judging by the 11 minute Youtube video I watched.

Peff

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'm playing on PS3. It's solid. No tearing, or framerate issues.

Same here, it looks a bit soft but nothing bad so far. It's fun too, lots of cool one-liners and many upgrades to obtain. It's also refreshing to go back to the more linear style of levels after years of free-roaming games.

okay fuck, GAF wins.. I am going to pick this up tonight or tomorrow.

you guys said that the PS3 version is safe then I will take your word for it

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Segata Sanshiro said:
Ehn, there are more unlockable costumes in this game than there were in Spider-Man PSX.

That game had:

Scarlet Spider
Spider-Ben
Spidey 2099
Amazing Bag-Man
Captain Universe
Peter Parker
Quick Change Spidey
Spider-Man Unlimited
Symbiote Spidey

This is easily the most fan service-packed Spidey game yet.

Do not tempt me...I wanted to pick this up a few months down the line.

Platy

Segata Sanshiro said:
The Bombastic Bag-Man
Negative Zone Spidey
1602 Spidey
Noir Concept Spidey
Flipside (Yes, fucking *Flipside*...we are through the rabbit hole here, people)
Insulated Spidey

Any chance of getting any image/video for these costumes ?

markatisu

Someone saying the Noir levels were Arkham Asylum like, so I briefly checked it out and really liked what I played of the Amazing Spiderman levels

I might just have to get this.

I'm surprised this has some genuinely funny writing.

I like the little mini-challenges in each level too. So far this game has been a lot better than my expectations.

Beat the game earlier tonight and I must say that I had a great time. Giant pattern based bosses, web zipping/slinging, lots of content, graphical variety, and too much other jazz. The animations in the Ultimate universe are fabulous, while all of 2099 made my eyes bleed with awesome. The voice acting/script is top notch and hearing Stan Lee narrate will bring back warm memories to some. It seems that the people behind this are pretty massive Spider Man fans, and their handiwork doesn't go unnoticed.

Now for the gruff. I can't count how many walls I just bounced off of and "standfloated" away. At times, I'd be mashing B as Spider Man Noir to take down an enemy and, ultimately, he'd just turn around and shine his flashlight in my face. Also, a few of the stages felt needlessly long. How many civilians do I really need to rescue before I can proceed? It would've been nice to see what this game could have become if it had spent a couple more months in the oven.

Regardless of my niggles, it's still one of the most fulfilling games this year. It's pure, "Saturday morning fun". Bravo, Beenox.

PC version still a mystery, or has it always been a no go?

I can't wait to hear about Vulture scaring the shit out of children.

Platy

Segata Sanshiro said:
1602 Spidey (screen)
Insulated Spidey (screen)
Negative Zone Spidey (video)
Still looking for the others for you.

Thanks !

Dear god !
I forgot how bad the
1602 Spidey
costume was xD
I was especting something along the lines of
Peter Parquagh (Marvel 1602 eight issue version)
=P

Top Bottom