• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiral Knights |OT| Piercing the Clockworks -- FREE co-op ARPG for PC/Mac/Linux

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Teknoman said:
Whoo got a Spur. Man the game has the PSO feel down as far as simple but addicting goes. Nice soundtrack, decent stage ideas, and even the weapon models are pretty cool looking.

Anyway, need to snag more 2star stuff so I can join you guys.

Nice to see you joining, man! :)

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Heavy said:
My character name is Greenlantern if anyone wants to be friends or have a guild

There's a Neogaf guild, I don't know who can invite people though other than Teknopathetic (Varindo in-game), though.

This game is really hard. Just lost all 100 of my crystals after joining a game and I guess it was near the end where the enemies keep respawning. All 4 of us got owned. This was tier 1 dungeon

eek5

Good thing we didn't buy that shield recipe. Apparently the Blackened Crest isn't really available D:

Heavy said:
This game is really hard. Just lost all 100 of my crystals after joining a game and I guess it was near the end where the enemies keep respawning. All 4 of us got owned. This was tier 1 dungeon

Some of the areas are really.. cheap and unfair. I'm assuming you jumped into an arena or something which can be pretty hard on the 3rd room even on T1 (or you went into a "challenge" room where there are usually mobs from the next tier) For a beginner I would recommend soloing T1. It might be a bit harder at first but you'll get more mats and it'll be easier for you to explore without worrying about slowing people down or being rushed. One thing about the game is that it scales linearly so if you join with 4 people the mobs will have 4x health. This can make some situations a LOT harder than they should be. I hope they work on scaling levels better as some of the areas are really difficult solo/full party.

Another thing is when you're in a party don't mash on revive. Save reviving for when everybody is down and evaluate whether or not you can progress forward if you revive. If the situation is hopeless, leave the party and live to fight another day.

CzarTim

Heavy said:
It's harder when you play with randoms in Tier 1, but try not to use energy for reviving yourself. Team mates can revive you by going over you and right clicking.

eek5

czartim said:
It's harder when you play with randoms in Tier 1, but try not to use energy for reviving yourself. Team mates can revive you by going over you and right clicking.

Yeah randoms are really hit and miss which is why you'll find a lot of people locking their parties in T2 and T3. If you get into a game where they're reviving each other a lot just go up to haven at the end of the level.. it won't end well. I joined a game once where the party revive was like 625 energy on T2... ...

yikes

I've been playing this game very chill lately. Tier 2 Basil run in the morning, tier 2 Basil run at night. Mist energy is restoring fast enough that I don't have to use any of my CE, wish is very nice.

Just farming crowns to buy future recipes, and seeing if Basil has any good ones :)

Teknoman

Heavy said:

Heh yup, arena basically = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XOZl9OXt1M

Just focus on blocking, push counter attacking after blocking, using items, and staying mobile.

EDIT: Are the blue numbers reserve energy or something?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Teknoman said:
EDIT: Are the blue numbers reserve energy or something?

The blue numbers are crystal energy. You either get it by paying real money for it or for trading in your crowns on the market.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
So I decided to change my gear plan to the Vog Cub set and an Owl-face shield D:

Tried to craft wolver coat and cap with good uv's.. First craft on both, sleep resistance.

I have NEVER been slept in this game. EVER.

FML.

I'm confused... if I pay the 10 bucks and buy 3500 Crystal Energy is that the same as the Mist energy that goes up to a 100 on the bottom right? So I could use 10 of the 3500 CE to start a mission the same way you use the Mist energy?

Also, I see that you can trade 100 CE for like 3700 crowns. So basically I could trade that 3500 CE for 129,500 crowns?

ZealousD

Heavy said:
I'm confused... if I pay the 10 bucks and buy 3500 Crystal Energy is that the same as the Mist energy that goes up to a 100 on the bottom right? So I could use 10 of the 3500 CE to start a mission the same way you use the Mist energy?

Right. But the game will always use up any Mist Energy first. Crystal Energy is also the only way you can trade energy to other players.

Also, I see that you can trade 100 CE for like 3700 crowns. So basically I could trade that 3500 CE for 129,500 crowns?

Technically yes. But you probably don't want to do that.

eek5

Heavy said:

Yes. As long as the exchange rate is going up (it is player-influenced), you should be converting in the other direction though. CE is gaining value and crowns are losing value so it doesn't make sense to convert all your energy into 130k crowns.

Can someone tell me a good configuration for the gamepad? I made a mess, and I'm moving with tank controls.

Or at least what you're using, I'll probably change it anyway.

Teknoman

Sgt.Pepper said:
Can someone tell me a good configuration for the gamepad? I made a mess, and I'm moving with tank controls.

Any way to reset things to default? I'm using 360 pad with default controls, and it works great.

Teknoman said:
Any way to reset things to default? I'm using 360 pad with default controls, and it works great.
What do you mean by default controls? I plugged my 360 pad and I had to configure it. Huh, maybe I should double check...

Sgt.Pepper said:

On my DS3:

Square - Attack
L1 - Defend
R1 - Strafe
L1 - Previous Weapon
R1 - Next Weapon
Dpad Up - Slot 1
Dpad Right - Slot 2
Dpad Down - Slot 3
Dpad Left - Slot 4

Left Analog - Move and Face in the direction you're pointing
Right Analog - Face in the direction you're pointing

eek5

swordstonemagnet.jpg

My UV high chance of swordstone is working out great. good job rng

Teknoman

Sgt.Pepper said:
What do you mean by default controls? I plugged my 360 pad and I had to configure it. Huh, maybe I should double check...

I just plugged my controller and it played just fine. Never tried to use the d-pad for items though.

I bought the 3500 CE... figured 10 bucks isn't a big deal and it helps support the game. I won't trade it all for crowns, thanks for the advice.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Got my Dusker set and an Owlite shield at 3*, once I get some more heat I can upgrade the hat and coat to 4*.. Then I just need the Wise Owlite Shield recipe and I'm ready for t3.

Exciting!

^ LOL, that happened with Alumna last night as well. Inviting seems to allow you to bypass that prereqs necessary to hit tier 3.

Also, is there a specific run that's much better for farming heat aside from attempting to hit arenas as much as possible? I need dat Avenger to hit lvl 10 soon so I can rock the Divine Avenger. =(

SEGA should bring this out to consoles in some form or fashion.

Was pretty sick getting my first UV on my 4 star Jelly shield (forgot proper name) of +med normal def and then UV crafted Calibur with High+ fiend damage :D

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
donkey show said:
^ LOL, that happened with Alumna last night as well. Inviting seems to allow you to bypass that prereqs necessary to hit tier 3.

Also, is there a specific run that's much better for farming heat aside from attempting to hit arenas as much as possible? I need dat Avenger to hit lvl 10 soon so I can rock the Divine Avenger. =(

SEGA should bring this out to consoles in some form or fashion.

Jelly King runs are pretty brilliant heat after clockworks.

Johnlenham said:
Was pretty sick getting my first UV on my 4 star Jelly shield (forgot proper name) of +med normal def and then UV crafted Calibur with High+ fiend damage :D

I hate you, I made like 20 Wolver Coats and Caps and ended up with mediocre UV's with only low amounts on em. :(

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Heavy said:
How are people already in Tier 4 and 5? Did the characters from beta transfer over to the release version? if so, that's pretty lame.

I understood right, the beta players got a few days of head-start. Not sure if the beta characters did carry over though.

So I'm trying to get a plan down for equipment. Right now, I've got 5k cr and probably a few thousand more in mats. I'm running with level 9 starting equipment right now. >_>

I wanna' spec into guns. From what I gathered in the guild chat, I should go for the gunslinger set for armor, and the Antigua line for guns. What's a good shield?

Obviously, since these are 3* equips, I need some 1*/2* to get for now. What are some good equips to hold me over until then?

ZealousD

Heavy said:
How are people already in Tier 4 and 5? Did the characters from beta transfer over to the release version? if so, that's pretty lame.

I've literally only been playing for about a week and I'm around halfway to tier 4, and I've only spent $5 on CE.

It's actually not that hard.

Littlegator said:
So I'm trying to get a plan down for equipment. Right now, I've got 5k cr and probably a few thousand more in mats. I'm running with level 9 starting equipment right now. >_>

I wanna' spec into guns. From what I gathered in the guild chat, I should go for the gunslinger set for armor, and the Antigua line for guns. What's a good shield?

Obviously, since these are 3* equips, I need some 1*/2* to get for now. What are some good equips to hold me over until then?

semi related but you can have the gunslinger hat recipe I got at cost (5.5k i think it was) if you want it, ive tried selling for a profit but im pretty shit at trade so getting my money back would be good!

Johnlenham said:
semi related but you can have the gunslinger hat recipe I got at cost (5.5k i think it was) if you want it, ive tried selling for a profit but im pretty shit at trade so getting my money back would be good!

If you're willing to hang on to it for a while, I'll buy it at 6k when I get to that point.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Tier 3 clearance get!

Ash Tail Coat and Cap, Cold Iron Carver, Wise Owlite Shield and 3* frost bombs, need to upgrade the last one, and then I'm full 4* :V

Heavy said:
Can you decorate your guild hall? what's the point of it lol

The wiki says there's suppose to be 2 vendors in there... But I'm not sure what the point of the guild hall is supposed to be... Easy to pop into to make trades with other guildies?

Dreavus

If anyone sees a miracle hood/cloak recipe, and I'm online, let me know!

I really don't want to buy one from an unscrupulous vendor in Haven, and Basil is not cooperating (although I know as soon as I make the damn things I'll see them multiple times.)

ZealousD

Osaka said:
Tier 3 clearance get!

Ash Tail Coat and Cap, Cold Iron Carver, Wise Owlite Shield and 3* frost bombs, need to upgrade the last one, and then I'm full 4* :V

Yeah I'm getting close too. I just need those recipes for the ash tail set. I've got my 4* owlite shield with both faust and a cold iron carver.

ZealousD

Figure this might be worth something you guys. Here's my current price list. Some of these values probably need to be adjusted (down), but you should get a ballpark for what some of this stuff is worth.

Beast Scale 150
Blue Shard 150
Brute Core 500
Critter Carapace 500
Dark Shard 100
Drake Scale 1000
Driftwood 500
Ecto Drops 150
Forbidden Fruit 400
Force Dyanmo 1000
Frayed Fabric 500
Frost Gel 500
Gel Core 100
Gel Drop 25
Ghost Bell 3000
Gremlin Gizmo 550
Hailstone 750
Iron Gear 550
Mug of Misery 2000
Nightshade 350
Phial of Phear 1000
Power Cell 500
Rocky Core 750
Rocket Sprocket 500
Scrap Metal 100
Silver Coil 2500
Static Clinger 500
Toxic Core 1000

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ZealousD said:
Figure this might be worth something you guys. Here's my current price list. Some of these values probably need to be adjusted (down), but you should get a ballpark for what some of this stuff is worth.

Beast Scale 75
Blue Shard 75
Brute Core 200
Critter Carapace 300
Dark Shard 75
Drake Scale 800
Driftwood 500
Ecto Drops 75
Forbidden Fruit 300
Force Dyanmo 1000
Frayed Fabric 500
Frost Gel 500
Gel Core 100
Gel Drop 20
Ghost Bell 3000
Gremlin Gizmo 550
Hailstone 750
Iron Gear 550
Mug of Misery 2000
Nightshade 350
Phial of Phear 1000
Power Cell 500
Rocky Core 600
Rocket Sprocket 500
Scrap Metal 100
Silver Coil 1500
Static Clinger 500
Toxic Core 1000
Fixed. I see you spam constantly.

eek5

Items
* Recipe tweaks:
* Freezing Vaporizer Mk II now requires a Frost Gel, instead of a Cooling Cell.
* Volt Driver now requires 1 Volt Oil, instead of 2.

NPCs
* Wegner in the Arcade has a new objective and new info about minerals:
* He now gives new players an objective to deposit minerals, teaching them the basics.
* Once completed, he teaches advanced mineral lessons and even displays a gate creation guide!
* Brinks in the Bazaar has received a fresh shipment of Philoso Feathers for sale. Best not to think about where from.

Levels
* Minerals can now be found in Aurora Isles levels.

Party
* Added option to party menu to "Go Solo" and continue without the rest of your party (equivalent to booting yourself from your own party)

Social
* You may now view other players' equipment by clicking on them and choosing "Inspect."

Chat
* Added /trade channel in Haven. Please use this channel for all trade related chat.
* Added commands to join and leave channels: /join zone, /leave trade
* /join 2 or /join trade = join trade chat channel
* /leave 1 or /leave zone = leave general chat channel
* /leave 2 or /leave trade = leave trade chat channel

Top Bottom