• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiral Knights |OT| Piercing the Clockworks -- FREE co-op ARPG for PC/Mac/Linux

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Can't believe you two are still playing.

On a related note I crafted 20 Haze bombs and not a single one was UV. Same for another 11 CyroTech alchemers.

Also bought 2-4* Fire AOE bombs since I was bored.

eek5

Hazaro said:
Can't believe you two are still playing.

On a related note I crafted 20 Haze bombs and not a single one was UV. Same for another 11 CyroTech alchemers.

Also bought 2-4* Fire AOE bombs since I was bored.

I'm done with UV crafting. It just makes me mad :/

Wallach

Guild halls supposedly fixed, and now trade chat is global. That is all Poseidon mentioned about the update, and the full notes are forthcoming.

Get ready for spammmmmm

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh god @ global trade chat. Gonna be crazy. There's gonna have to be a much more strict spam prevention timer now. Haven 1 could already get bad enough.

ZealousD

Okay, something weird just happened. Tried to start a new run, and immediately when I hit the start button I got kicked into the login screen, and now I can't log back in. Anybody else having issues?

ZealousD

Davidion said:
Wait, is the community strong for this game still? I totally installed it and forgot to play it.

Yeah it's pretty decent. I'd say we have around 10-15 gaffers that play the game regularly.

cool, not played since the first week it was fully released but just before then I bought 1600 energy lol, maybe I should get around to using it now that some updates have come out.

Wallach

Heavy said:
Hey Wallach how are you, it's Lantern. Can't wait till the game is back up... I'm sOooOoOo hooked!

What's up duder. Want the game to come back so I can see if there's any new firepower. I think they're adding a rapier sword line for sword piercing option. Also hoping for a few gun-related gameplay tweaks.

Oh, it's up!

eek5 said:
You ever get to see big angry bomb in action?
Still haven't. Would love to see it if you have it...

Wallach said:
What's up duder. Want the game to come back so I can see if there's any new firepower. I think they're adding a rapier sword line for sword piercing option. Also hoping for a few gun-related gameplay tweaks.

Oh, it's up!
Indeed it is. 16 new swords!!! Also, I see some stuff not mentioned in the patch notes... go to the recipe vendor to the right of the token guy area... travel right a bit, that guy. There's a bunch of new 250cr recipes (bomb, shield, armor)... not sure if they have higher star versions yet.

ZealousD

Osaka said:
oh, NOW they add a ton of new shit? :(

is there a complete list with stats somewhere?

As far as I can tell, they added two families of swords. The Brandish and Flourish families.

http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Brandish
http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Flourish

The wiki is still being updated with details, but it seems like some of the Brandish items in particular look pretty good.

Something that makes me scratch my head a bit though is that the new Combuster sword seems to have stats and behaviors that are seemingly identical to the Fang of Vog. Maybe Three Rings are just goofing up on their damage bars again, because they seem identical.

eek5

aspiring bombers: if you hold down charge attack and hit shield you'll put your bomb down and immediately start charging the next. i basically keep my attack button held down and just drop bombs by shield canceling lol

Wallach

My KB/M is so old and busted (well, more busted than old) that it makes me play with the controller so I can shield reliably, but that is really annoying when playing with guns so I ordered new toys. I've been wanting a Das Keyboard for a long time anyway. And tax returns! Man, I have plenty of excuses I am a genius.

On that note I wish they'd give you the option to keep the targeting cursor up when you are playing with a controller. Would make guns less annoying as I don't like playing with auto-targeting on.

WarMacheen

So the login keeps looping me back around to the login...aka can't login to play

Edit: F it, I just went ahead and down loaded it

eek5 said:
aspiring bombers: if you hold down charge attack and hit shield you'll put your bomb down and immediately start charging the next. i basically keep my attack button held down and just drop bombs by shield canceling lol

I tried this, and it doesn't work for me.

eek5

that's weird. I'm using controller; I haven't tried it with m/kb if that's what you're using. Basically right when the bomb finishes charging I hit shield and let go and it drops my bomb and starts prepping the next one taking out the delay between bomb drop and new charge. It doesn't seem like a huge deal but when people are paying 100's of CE for a bomb that will cut down fractions of sections off charge time, it seems worth it to me.

The only thing you'll have to get used to in the beginning is it gets easy to just keep dropping bombs but in some situations you need to switch weapons or block and you have to let go of attack for fastest recovery otherwise you'll raise a bomb then lower it, leaving you very vulnerable.

Lumine

I tried this for the first time last night, it's quite neat for a free game. Not sure about default controls though. Having X for blocking when using WASD to move didn't really feel inituitive to me or using mouse to walk made strafing impossible. I guess I'll change attack to left mouse button and block to right mouse button or something. Or perhaps I'll hook up a controller.

I'm also a bit lost on the whole energy, crafting and equipment systems but I guess I'll figure them out along the way. Game seems really easy so far anyway.

Is there a GAF guild by the way? And any people planning on playing this today? It might be more fun to head into a dungeon with you lot than some random people.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Lumine said:
I tried this for the first time last night, it's quite neat for a free game. Not sure about default controls though. Having X for blocking when using WASD to move didn't really feel inituitive to me or using mouse to walk made strafing impossible. I guess I'll change attack to left mouse button and block to right mouse button or something.

Is there a GAF guild by the way? And any people planning on playing this today? It might be more fun to head into a dungeon with you lot than some random people.

I have it set up so that WSAD go north/south/west/east and then attack and block are on mouse buttons.

Teknopathetic is the guildmaster, he should be able to throw your character an invite.

ZealousD

Posting my most updated price list for you guys.

All Shards 50
Beast Scale 100
Blighted Bone 2000
Brute Core 500
Bushy Tail 700
Chroma Tear 2000
Cooling Cell 400
Corrosive Acid 2500
Critter Carapace 250
Drake Scale 400
Driftwood 350
Ecto Drops 100
Fine Fabric 600
Forbidden Fruit 300
Force Dynamo 600
Fuel Canister 600
Frayed Fabric 400
Frost Gel 500
Gel Core 25
Gel Drop 10
Ghost Bell 2200
Gremlin Gizmo 350
Hailstone 750
Heavy Gear 2500
Iron Gear 300
Ironwood 1200
Meteor Mote 2500
Monster Bone 400
Mug of Misery 2500
Nightshade 350
Owlite Feather 400
Perfect Snowball 2500
Phial of Phear 900
Power Cell 500
Rocket Sprocket 400
Scrap Metal 100
Silver Coil 1300
Soul Dust 500
Static Clinger 300
Sun Silver 12000
Swordstone 450
Thunderball 2500
Toxic Core 500
Torchstone 900
Unstable Core 900

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Man this game has been having really rough lag issues in the last few days. Sometimes it becomes unplayable to me. I hope they fix it, I really love this game so far.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'm really curious about this, especially with a GAF guild existing. F2P MMOs never really impressed me based on how much is locked away from the player but if it's fun I'll bite.

CzarTim

Thnikkaman said:
I'm really curious about this, especially with a GAF guild existing. F2P MMOs never really impressed me based on how much is locked away from the player but if it's fun I'll bite.
This game isn't like that at all, which is why it's awesome.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
czartim said:
This game isn't like that at all, which is why it's awesome.
The use of "energy" concerned me, but if I can just dip in whenever I want without an hour of play using it all up then that's ideal.

Okay, this is really really cool.

CzarTim

Thnikkaman said:
The use of "energy" concerned me, but if I can just dip in whenever I want without an hour of play using it all up then that's ideal.

Okay, this is really really cool.
Yeah, an hour of play each day for free is about right for me.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Just reached Haven with my first character Amephyst and had a good explore. Looking forward to playing with you all!

czartim said:
Yeah, an hour of play each day for free is about right for me.
I was mostly concerned because I tried a few hours of DDO and EQIIX. They lock out races and classes like crazy. Even bag space is monetised.

Mana Sin

This game is pretty cool. Are boss battle only at the very bottom of the elevators? Not that I'm interested in going near there, of course. I only have starter gear at the moment. =P

How do I join the GAF guild?

eek5

Mana,
Send in game msg to varindo to get an invite. Maybe we should promote more people to make things easiesr?

As for bosses, there are only two right now. Jelly king and vanaduke. Jelly king is at the end of T2 on the deformed pacman gate and vanaduke is in t3 so you can go all the way through on other gates and not bump into any boss battles.

Wallach

Bought a couple more Rose Regalia pieces from other players. I'm gonna wait until a while after this promo ends and sell 'em for...

YYzS6.jpg

Lumine

I gotta admit I'm completely lost on what I should be spending my gold (crowns?) on and what gear to get. I'm still in starter gear and have about 5000 crowns so far, but I haven't spend any real money on energy. At least not yet. I'm looking around online for a guide of sorts on where to start and what kind "builds" there are, but I haven't had much luck.

Anyone mind giving me some tips or recommendations on what to get first? Also, should I be only buying recipes rather than the gear itself? Or buy them from other players perhaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :p

Edit: I just bought a "Wolver Coat" for 3000 from someone random, I hope I did the right thing. :p

Top Bottom