• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiral Knights |OT| Piercing the Clockworks -- FREE co-op ARPG for PC/Mac/Linux

Hazaro said:
Still haven't done a Jelly run yet. Want to. Currency right now is pretty darn forgiving. If you put in like 5 hours you can play as much as you want from the crowns you get.

*I actually was dragged along as a Tier 1 character to see Jelly and promptly died.

First craft: Apparently this is a rare and awesome bonus. Woo!
wtmo0.jpg
so those star stats are those bonus? so that's what everyone calling UV...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SephirothRK said:
so those star stats are those bonus? so that's what everyone calling UV...
Yeah, unique variant. Occasionally crafts will give you those extra bonuses. I've gotten quite a few really (whether crafting for myself or not). It's a bit more common than what you'd expect for something 'unique.'

CzarTim

enzo_gt said:
Yeah, unique variant. Occasionally crafts will give you those extra bonuses. I've gotten quite a few really (whether crafting for myself or not). It's a bit more common than what you'd expect for something 'unique.'
I never get them :(

Dreavus

Getting close to the Sealed Sword... 18 Jelly coins so far! I don't know if it's because of changes to the Jelly King encounter, but we managed to scrap through 2 encounters with very few "hard" revives (using energy).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone want to buy this? Does stupidly high damage to construct (those towers) and seems to have a 25% chance of freezing for 5s or so.
gp6Qf.jpg

Wallach

Honestly I'd buy it from you if I had more cash on hand right now. Cryo alchemer is pretty much a permanent slot in my loadout already. If you want to maybe trade it for high rank materials or something, I could do that. It'll be another day or two before I have more crowns to spend since I went through quite a lot today.

Edit - If you'll hold onto it for me I will figure out a way to make a trade happen soonish.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wallach said:
Honestly I'd buy it from you if I had more cash on hand right now. Cryo alchemer is pretty much a permanent slot in my loadout already. If you want to maybe trade it for high rank materials or something, I could do that. It'll be another day or two before I have more crowns to spend since I went through quite a lot today.

Edit - If you'll hold onto it for me I will figure out a way to make a trade happen soonish.
Yeah the freeze damage is amazing.
You can hold 2 mobs in place consistently while you hit the important things while you solo, or freeze towers from shooting you while you run around behind them.

When fiend comes in it'll be great vs those too.
eek5 said:
craft it all the way up and sell it for a million energy!
I'm broke now and have 2* and 3* stuff. Got the mats and recipe for a Vile Striker.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I'm looking for Cold Iron Carver and Skelly stuff recipes. Please help! :D

BTW, I've received mixed info about the Calibur stuff. Fjord said that CIC has lower damage to all but higher to undead, when Eeks said that both Ascended Calibur and CIC have the same base damage and CIC has the undead bonus. Confirm?

EDIT:

Looks like the 5* version of cold iron carver has the same damage as leviathan blade, so in the long run I guess Eeks was right!

Osaka said:
I'm looking for Cold Iron Carver and Skelly stuff recipes. Please help! :D

BTW, I've received mixed info about the Calibur stuff. Fjord said that CIC has lower damage to all but higher to undead, when Eeks said that both Ascended Calibur and CIC have the same base damage and CIC has the undead bonus. Confirm?

EDIT:

Looks like the 5* version of cold iron carver has the same damage as leviathan blade, so in the long run I guess Eeks was right!
I have a Cold Iron Carver recipe. You'll have to wait until later on today when I get online. My tag is Gevurah.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
donkey show said:
I have a Cold Iron Carver recipe. You'll have to wait until later on today when I get online. My tag is Gevurah.

Got one already :D Thanks anyway.

Now looking for a Ghost Bell and a Blighted Bone! 4* Sword and Armor on the way .__.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wallach said:
Yeah, let me know what kind of price you're looking for. I'll take it off your hands.
I have no idea on the pricing, but just getting the recipe and making it was expensive as hell.

Sort of thinking about keeping it actually. There's no real good Elemental damage guns except for this.
Osaka said:
Got one already :D Thanks anyway.

Now looking for a Ghost Bell and a Blighted Bone! 4* Sword and Armor on the way .__.
I sold a Ghost Bell for 8k yesterday, gl on buying one.

eek5

Trojan Horseshoes are sold by brinks for 10 grim tokens now. If you have 10 you should try to make 30k off someone D:

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
One thing I wish is that we got patch notes whenever they take the server down to fix things. I'd like to know what they are fixing and updating!

Wallach

Hazaro said:
I have no idea on the pricing, but just getting the recipe and making it was expensive as hell.

Sort of thinking about keeping it actually. There's no real good Elemental damage guns except for this.

Up to you. I wouldn't say it's the only good elemental damage gun, though. If you're planning on running swords at all, I would probably carry something else as your sidearm.

Edit - If you want to sell it, try to contact me today. There's a couple other UVs on the market right now and I'm looking to craft up to get back to T3 running.

eek5

Brettison said:
One thing I wish is that we got patch notes whenever they take the server down to fix things. I'd like to know what they are fixing and updating!
http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/forum/8

They post major changes there but some things they don't disclose (like trojan horseshoes or when they added an extra vitapod on top of the one they mentioned in patch etc)

--

I hit the friend cap a couple days ago. It is 250 which is weird since guilds are capped at 100. It's pretty nice to be able to jump into any gate you want at almost any point. I've been able to skip many beast levels because of it. One downside is sometimes when I'm soloing with a locked party some people still manage to join in which I haven't been able to figure out.

Another downside to mass adding people is the game doesn't tell you last login or any info like that so when it is time to trim your list to get more active people on it there will be no way to filter inactive people out.

eek5 said:
I hit the friend cap a couple days ago. It is 250 which is weird since guilds are capped at 100. It's pretty nice to be able to jump into any gate you want at almost any point. I've been able to skip many beast levels because of it. One downside is sometimes when I'm soloing with a locked party some people still manage to join in which I haven't been able to figure out.
Make sure you uncheck "allow friends" and "allow guild" in the party options if you want to solo.

eek5

donkey show said:
Make sure you uncheck "allow friends" and "allow guild" in the party options if you want to solo.
That's what I'm saying. Both are unchecked but there are a couple people that still join my game all the time

Dreavus

Thanks for the run tonight guys. That dude I kicked was pretty steamed, although I honestly didn't realize it'd put him right onto the lift... gotta keep that in mind in the future, heheh. Against my better judgment I tried to apologize, but he wouldn't hear any of it in typical internet-rage fashion, so I wished him good luck in the future and promptly muted him. ^^

I'm genuinely curious if I'll be punished at all for my "griefing". I'll let you guys know later.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dreavus said:
Thanks for the run tonight guys. That dude I kicked was pretty steamed, although I honestly didn't realize it'd put him right onto the lift... gotta keep that in mind in the future, heheh. Against my better judgment I tried to apologize, but he wouldn't hear any of it in typical internet-rage fashion, so I wished him good luck in the future and promptly muted him. ^^

I'm genuinely curious if I'll be punished at all for my "griefing". I'll let you guys know later.

You know, if it put him on the lift, couldn't he theoretically just send himself back to haven? It wouldn't force him to fight the jelly king, would it?

Also, I have a question for the experts. What's the best way to spend my primal tokens? Should I spend them on mats and sell those or should I hoard them?

Dreavus

ZealousD said:
You know, if it put him on the lift, couldn't he theoretically just send himself back to haven? It wouldn't force him to fight the jelly king, would it?

Also, I have a question for the experts. What's the best way to spend my primal tokens? Should I spend them on mats and sell those or should I hoard them?

Yeah, but I'd imagine that's not his ideal situation since he probably wants to fight the JK. If he wasn't standing on the lift he'd have a chance to invite other people to help, but since he was, once he entered his instance alone that triggers the lift and there's not much he can do other than go back.

Although, really, it's not like he came with us from floor 8. Dude jumped in on that floor THROUGH our locked party somehow. :p Can't win 'em all.

eek5

I would have been REALLY upset if that happened to me. He should've been able to go back up to haven but who knows? It might've glitched out and just sent him straight down regardless of what he did. I've never been on an elevator when I got booted so I don't know. lol

I did get kicked on level 16 before and I was pretty upset about it. (I had traveled from 8 all the way to 16 with them though) They were being really anal about everything (i.e. no we're not doing 2nd and 3rd room of arena, no don't go in the NW room "it is too hard") and I was annoyed with them so I was opening all the doors rofl. I ended up soloing 16 and picking up 3 more people and finishing it without pots.

He joined on 16 so it's not like he lost out on much and he still got the primal spark token and all the crowns that paid for his 10 energy to warp in. I don't feel bad about it at all.

Wow, had no idea this existed. I fucking love games with loot. Now just need to think of a funny screen name...

sigh can't think of anything

eek5

Wallach said:
I see Haz found Flame Lash Arena! God that place sucks. Oilers are the bane of my life, along with Quicksilvers.

He did it in T3 too D:

Hazaro said:
I shudder to think how long it took you to get that

Getting that UV was actually a lot of luck. I got it on my 8th armor or so. Getting the recipes to get to volcanic armor though... barf

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Depth 26 and 27 of the flame castle are pretttttttttty bad.

I mean the levels are awesome. Each section is a gauntlet of itself, but man does it go on forever. Also 'puzzling' and death spike wheels.
eek5 said:
He did it in T3 too D:
We got past the first 2 then decided that was fine.

i'd love to craft armour with max fire resist, would be superb!

not played for a while, odd because I bought my second lot of 1600 energy before giving the game a little rest.

CzarTim

rhADi.png

Not the best UV ever, but my first!

If anyone sees a Elemental Hood or Vile Striker recipe while they are out, could you get it for me? I'll give you a little extra for the trouble.

Forkball

This game is fun, but I run through energy so quickly. I don't know how I'm supposed to get to the lower levels with such a limited amount.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Forkball said:
This game is fun, but I run through energy so quickly. I don't know how I'm supposed to get to the lower levels with such a limited amount.
A Tier 2 run costs like 70 energy and you get 2.5k crown and some mats so if you keep running it will cover.

CzarTim

Forkball said:
The point is to either pay or play a limited amount each day.

Teknoman

Whoo got a Spur. Man the game has the PSO feel down as far as simple but addicting goes. Nice soundtrack, decent stage ideas, and even the weapon models are pretty cool looking.

Anyway, need to snag more 2star stuff so I can join you guys.

Top Bottom