• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiral Knights |OT| Piercing the Clockworks -- FREE co-op ARPG for PC/Mac/Linux

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
eek5 said:
20 grim tokens for 1 philoso feather @ brinks. will probably drop price of feathers to ~10-15k

Grim tokens are still pretty hard to get, aren't they? 20 still seems like a lot.

ZealousD

Hazaro said:
Fixed. I see you spam constantly.

Seriously? You went from 25 to 20 on Gel Drops?

As far as Blue Shards for 75, this is probably what they're worth to more experienced players. But it is very easy for me to sell them for more to new players crafting their cobalt stuff. 150 might be a bit too much, but I wouldn't go under 100 with them. If a player turns up their nose at 100 or 125, you can always negociate a better price.

eek5

ZealousD said:
Grim tokens are still pretty hard to get, aren't they? 20 still seems like a lot.
You can get them on undead levels. You just don't see a lot because primals are more common and drop on all the beast levels, of which there are an infinite amount.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I dont see what they want to achieve with the trade chat channel. Sure, now people can talk bullshit even more globally in haven, across all the instances..

Just give me the AH already, thanks D:

ZealousD

Osaka said:
I dont see what they want to achieve with the trade chat channel. Sure, now people can talk bullshit even more globally in haven, across all the instances..

Just give me the AH already, thanks D:

The trade channel is not global. It works just like the old channel, except now you can basically choose whether or not you want to subject yourself to trade advertisements.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ZealousD said:

As far as Blue Shards for 75, this is probably what they're worth to more experienced players. But it is very easy for me to sell them for more to new players crafting their cobalt stuff. 150 might be a bit too much, but I wouldn't go under 100 with them. If a player turns up their nose at 100 or 125, you can always negociate a better price.
That was a joke :p

eek5

ZealousD said:
The trade channel is not global. It works just like the old channel, except now you can basically choose whether or not you want to subject yourself to trade advertisements.
It's weird. Chatter, even on trade channel, has been reduced dramatically from what I've noticed. I don't know if there is a ghost filter in place or something like that where you can only spam at a certain rate.

I think they know people want the auction house but it will take time. This is a step in the right direction at least.

ZealousD said:

Your prices are way overpriced. You're ripping people off and it's only hurting the game's economy the new players who don't know any better. I could go into detail but I don't have the time this morning.

http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/forum/41 Compare your prices to there (check the mat threads).

Anyway, I'm completely addicted to this. Just love it!

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
ZealousD said:

What I meant is that /1 is now open for the bullshit chat that goes on in the different Haven instances, now that trade chat has its own channel.

Both channels are global across Haven instances, though.

ZealousD

Osaka said:
Both channels are global across Haven instances, though.

No, they are not. I used to use the original channel constantly and now I'm using the new trade channel constantly. Compare the chat in Haven 1 to any instance that has a green population.

Heavy said:
Your prices are way overpriced. You're ripping people off and it's only hurting the game's economy the new players who don't know any better. I could go into detail but I don't have the time this morning.

A lot of the people who use the forums on the spiral knight website have to sell their mats super cheap to get any exposure. They're often bulk sellers or they're people with stock they're desperate to get rid of.

My prices aren't just values that I've pulled out of my ass. In fact, I have used the forums to derive many of my prices in addition to the opinions of guildmates and my own personal experience of what people are willing to pay. And because prices on mats are constantly falling, I am always adjusting my prices downward as time goes on. And I have dropped my price on blue shards to 100.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
ZealousD said:
No, they are not. I used to use the original channel constantly and now I'm using the new trade channel constantly. Compare the chat in Haven 1 to any instance that has a green population.

And why do you get people from other Havens answering your WTS spam, then? Think about it a little.

Here's some info at least I didn't know.

JwDm5.jpg

Recipes for different gate types! I gotta stop auto-selling minerals.

ZealousD

Osaka said:
And why do you get people from other Havens answering your WTS spam, then? Think about it a little.

I only get people from other Havens answering my WTS spam when I move from instance to instance, in order to ensure that more people see my WTS spam. Otherwise, I only get tells from people within my same instance.

About 80% of the time, my buyers are in the same instance that I posted my most recent ad in.

If you want, we can very easily test this the next time you are on, and I can prove to you that these channels are not global.

Yami

Just jumping in on this to see how this plays. Been looking for a casual style game like this for a while, lets see how it goes!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Quick question for those in the know:

If I want to upgrade a piece of equip, should I level it to lvl 10 first? Or does it not matter?

ZealousD

donkey show said:
LOL. What a bunch of dicks. :3

Regardless keep getting dem yellows and greens. King Jelly run forever!!!

Actually, the boss floors will automatically set themselves and don't need any crystals. Check some of the empty gates sometimes, and if it says something about levels being predetermined, that's a boss floor.

Basil is seriously starting to piss me off. All week of running him twice a day looking for 3 specific recipes. Not a damn thing. By time I actually get my tier4 equipment made, I'll be so burnt out of this game, and it will be all Basil's fault.

ZealousD

ArtistDude88 said:
Basil is seriously starting to piss me off. All week of running him twice a day looking for 3 specific recipes. Not a damn thing. By time I actually get my tier4 equipment made, I'll be so burnt out of this game, and it will be all Basil's fault.

I don't like doing it, but if you already have all the materials ready, just buy them from other people.

Osaka said:

Here's some info at least I didn't know.

JwDm5.jpg

Recipes for different gate types! I gotta stop auto-selling minerals.

Interesting, so if the whole community work together we could have an all Jelly palace gate?

also fuck challenge room, me and zealousd went in one and got fucked up bad. I ended up using ce to revive up to the point when the next time I died would be 160 to revive.

ZealousD

SephirothRK said:
Interesting, so if the whole community work together we could have an all Jelly palace gate?

No, you couldn't. The Jelly King is predetermined. If you check the upcoming Coral Phantom gate, you'll see that it says "levels are predetermined at this stratum". That means the Jelly King will be at that gate when it pops up.

also fuck challenge room, me and zealousd went in one and got fucked up bad. I ended up using ce to revive up to the point when the next time I died would be 160 to revive.

Somehow I managed to solo that same room earlier today, although the gremlins didn't have that shield on their back and there was one or two fewer waves. You can sort of kite them around with a gun, although it becomes difficult when you have a healer gremlin in there.

Suffice it to say, you shouldn't mess with challenge rooms unless you've got a full party with sufficient health potions.

eek5

yo i bought the ash tail cap recipe for whoever wanted it... can't remember who

edit: i now have both ash tail cap and coat recipes.

eek5

ZealousD said:
Suffice it to say, you shouldn't mess with challenge rooms unless you've got a full party with sufficient health potions.
I find solo/duoing danger rooms a lot easier than with a full party. As long as you can avoid getting cornered it is a lot easier to thin the herd since you can 2-6 shot most of the mobs. Once you cut their number down it's just a matter of kiting them. With 4 people it takes 8-24 hits to kill mobs and can become unmanageable when people start to kite in different directions.

eek5 said:
I find solo/duoing danger rooms a lot easier than with a full party. As long as you can avoid getting cornered it is a lot easier to thin the herd since you can 2-6 shot most of the mobs. Once you cut their number down it's just a matter of kiting them. With 4 people it takes 8-24 hits to kill mobs and can become unmanageable when people start to kite in different directions.
Yeah, I love doing the challenge rooms solo. Mind you, I'm only on tier 2, but it's usually easy enough to run around in circles dropping bombs and thinning out the crowd. Healers sometimes make things difficult, but a couple charged sword attacks take them out most of the time.

ZealousD

I guess the biggest reason I had trouble with doing a challenge room solo was that I was doing a room with wolvers and gremlins. Not only do those characters dodge my alchemer, but they resist it too. If I had something like silversix, I'd probably do better.

ZealousD said:
I guess the biggest reason I had trouble with doing a challenge room solo was that I was doing a room with wolvers and gremlins. Not only do those characters dodge my alchemer, but they resist it too. If I had something like silversix, I'd probably do better.
Right, I think it comes down to weapons a lot. Fire bombs helped a ton with that particular challenge room, but I got screwed when I tried a room that ended up being those slimes that get faster when they catch on fire.

Chozo

Just started playing a couple days ago (ID: Chozo). Just finished my Defender so I can finally get access to tier 2.

The skyrocketing cost of energy is killing me. 4.5kish for 100 right now, ugh. I know every F2P game has to have its Faustian bargain, but having to wait until I get 70ish energy to make dungeon crawling remotely worthwhile kind of sucks.

Green Tentacle said:
Right, I think it comes down to weapons a lot. Fire bombs helped a ton with that particular challenge room, but I got screwed when I tried a room that ended up being those slimes that get faster when they catch on fire.
Indeed. Fire bombs are extremely useful as you run and wide sweeping weapons like the Faust add that needed range and pushback, plus enemy knockdown.

ZealousD

Chozo said:
Just started playing a couple days ago (ID: Chozo). Just finished my Defender so I can finally get access to tier 2.

The skyrocketing cost of energy is killing me. 4.5kish for 100 right now, ugh. I know every F2P game has to have its Faustian bargain, but having to wait until I get 70ish energy to make dungeon crawling remotely worthwhile kind of sucks.

It's not free to play. It's a game with a very long demo. =P

CzarTim

Somebody was doing a price check on a UV Vile Striker (High DMG vs Slime). I told him I'd buy it and to just name his price, but he didn't bite. :(

ZealousD

Does anybody know the recipe for a Drake Scale Helm? I'm looking to get one crafted as a costume helm.

eek5

czartim said:
Somebody was doing a price check on a UV Vile Striker (High DMG vs Slime). I told him I'd buy it and to just name his price, but he didn't bite. :(
wow that'd be nice .. lol

ZealousD

Green Tentacle said:
Zealous, I got your Firo Driver recipe. Message me ingame about it (triffid)

Awesome, thanks. I'm gonna be on tonight and tomorrow afternoon.

ZealousD

Triff. Returning the favor. I've got your Cold Iron Carver recipe.

eek5

race against server reboot and i lost. only cleared 2 rooms and it booted before i could break my treasure boxes fuuu

Wallach

eek5 said:
race against server reboot and i lost. only cleared 2 rooms and it booted before i could break my treasure boxes fuuu

Yeah, I was near the end of the second room and it bounced us. What a weird time to patch the game.

eek5

Wallach said:
Yeah, I was near the end of the second room and it bounced us. What a weird time to patch the game.
they usually give 30 mins as the first announcement instead of 15 too. wonder what it is

Top Bottom