• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiral Knights |OT| Piercing the Clockworks -- FREE co-op ARPG for PC/Mac/Linux

I Am Now said:
Hey, Does anyone know if stat bonuses from equipment stack? Like if my armor gives me a low damage boost, and my helm gives me a medium damage boost, do I get both? Or just the medium?
I read on the official forums that they stack, so if you make a unique item and use it for the next item that stat will carry over

XeroSauce

I Am Now said:
Hey, Does anyone know if stat bonuses from equipment stack? Like if my armor gives me a low damage boost, and my helm gives me a medium damage boost, do I get both? Or just the medium?

They do, and vulnerabilities cancel out defenses (for elementals and other things).

I find the level 3 Arena with all those god damn bomb Gremlins the hardest thing ever. You can't get a hit in without having to shield from the constant bombs.

Ok! I have all the materials for the Graviton Bomb. I just need someone to craft it for me, preferably from GAF :)

I don't want to give all those expensive mats to some random joe and have him steal it.

I Am Now

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
Ok! I have all the materials for the Graviton Bomb. I just need someone to craft it for me, preferably from GAF :)

I don't want to give all those expensive mats to some random joe and have him steal it.
I usually ask for a piece of collateral when people make me stuff. Haven't had anyone refuse yet, Just don't ask for anything specific because that might make them think you're scamming them.

Emitan

This Mist Energy regen is really getting to me. I have to wait hours just to craft one of the 4 items I need. And if I even have the audacity to play the game, then I have to wait longer. I love the gameplay, but I'd rather just pay $20 or $30 upfront and not have to deal with all this.

"This Mist Energy regen is really getting to me. I have to wait hours just to craft one of the 4 items I need. And if I even have the audacity to play the game, then I have to wait longer. I love the gameplay, but I'd rather just pay $20 or $30 upfront and not have to deal with all this."

You can buy Crystal Energy with Crowns.

Emitan

Teknopathetic said:
"This Mist Energy regen is really getting to me. I have to wait hours just to craft one of the 4 items I need. And if I even have the audacity to play the game, then I have to wait longer. I love the gameplay, but I'd rather just pay $20 or $30 upfront and not have to deal with all this."

You can buy Crystal Energy with Crowns.
But I need those Crowns for Alchemy. So then I need to go into the 'works to get more Crowns. And then I need more energy...

Billychu said:
This Mist Energy regen is really getting to me. I have to wait hours just to craft one of the 4 items I need. And if I even have the audacity to play the game, then I have to wait longer. I love the gameplay, but I'd rather just pay $20 or $30 upfront and not have to deal with all this.
it's a long slow game if you play on the free mist energy and now and again buy some via in-game cash but the way I see it is that if I enjoy the game I would have bought it anyway, so $10 over a month for some enjoyment is cool :p

That's my own personal approach, doesn't work for everyone.

Dreavus

Billychu said:
But I need those Crowns for Alchemy. So then I need to go into the 'works to get more Crowns. And then I need more energy...
It shouldn't be a zero sum game though; you should be making more crowns in the clockworks than what you need to buy 100 crystal energy. Energy prices are rising, but right now it's about 2700 crowns per 100 which should leave plenty let over if you're going all the way down to floor 7 before coming back.

Or you could always throw 5 bucks at the game and use the 1600 wisely, as many people on here have done already.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why can't I.. hold all of these mats?!

Some guy just gave away all of his shit, energy, mats all the way up to 5* mats. I got like 7 cutters out of this shit, XeroSauce got most of the stuff. Seriously, ridiculous. Makes up for the like somehow negative profit I made through my dungeon run in the morning.

XeroSauce

enzo_gt said:

Some guy just gave away all of his shit, energy, mats all the way up to 5* mats. I got like 7 cutters out of this shit, XeroSauce got most of the stuff. Seriously, ridiculous. Makes up for the like somehow negative profit I made through my dungeon run in the morning.

My eyes are bleeding from my backpack. I got ridiculous mats. Two recipes, and 100 energy, free.

if you guys need any mats, just ask. IGN: Falerix

Dreavus

enzo_gt said:

Wow, that's really nice! I wonder what prompted the sudden exit.

Dreavus

Diablohead said:
hm on my energy history why do elevators take randoms of 10, 9, 8 and 7 energy each? i thought it was 10 per stage?

Probably because mist energy (the free stuff) isn't included on that page. So if you're on a floor for 15~ minutes you'll probably gain a point which gets used up first.

Nabs

ha. somethings up with my game or computer. when i type, i hit a button (like b or g) and my game just quits on me.

Dreavus said:
Probably because mist energy (the free stuff) isn't included on that page. So if you're on a floor for 15~ minutes you'll probably gain a point which gets used up first.
forgot about that, yeah sounds like my mist is now and again being used.

Diablohead said:
hm on my energy history why do elevators take randoms of 10, 9, 8 and 7 energy each? i thought it was 10 per stage?

Yeah, mist energy is not on there, and depending how long your in a dungeon, you regen some mist during the run. So it uses that before your CE :D

Quixzlizx

What should I be gunning for if I still have my starting equipment? Also, will the heat levels I'm gaining with it help at all when I create new equipment, or is the starting equipment different and I'm just wasting all of that heat?

Dreavus

Quixzlizx said:
What should I be gunning for if I still have my starting equipment? Also, will the heat levels I'm gaining with it help at all when I create new equipment, or is the starting equipment different and I'm just wasting all of that heat?

Heat levels on previous equipment won't help you when you craft it into new equipment, but you can hardly call it wasted if it makes you more powerful for the time being! But yes, in a sense, it is "wasted" when you decide to replace your equipment.

Try and aim for stuff that is two star level, since you need a 2 star helm, weapon, shield, and armor before you are allowed to move on past floor 8. 1 star stuff can help you out a bit if you're having trouble in floors 5-7 (where the better materials are found) but if you can do without them, that'd be ideal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gates of Hell
ik7yIO.png

Two annoying enemies in one!
ik7wAG.png

Go back to demolishing sentinel plz
ikBLxm.png

Proof SK is really Shoot/SliceMUP
ikBN5u.png

ramyeon

Tried playing this and it's just been a reminder of why I don't play online games. The lag is so frustrating. My character just becomes uncontrollable, and goes moonwalking all over the place and can't progress due to invisible barriers all over the place :/ other than that it seems really fun.

Emitan

ramyeon said:
Tried playing this and it's just been a reminder of why I don't play online games. The lag is so frustrating. My character just becomes uncontrollable, and goes moonwalking all over the place and can't progress due to invisible barriers all over the place :/ other than that it seems really fun.
What? That hasn't been my experience at all. It sounds more like you have a bad internet connection.

CzarTim

When you have a recipe, you can make the item again for other people, correct? Or do you need a new recipe each time you craft the item?

ramyeon

Billychu said:
What? That hasn't been my experience at all. It sounds more like you have a bad internet connection.
There's been a lot of complaints on the forums there but considering I'm living in Mars Australia it could have something to do with that. My internet connection is pretty decent for everything else so I guess I'll just sit this one out.

Nabs

I'm liking my new Leviathan Blade a lot :)

donkey show said:
Just connected my DS3 to my Mac. I play so much better with a controller!

This game plays really well with a controller.

I Am Now

Banned
ramyeon said:
I think there was a bug in the recent patch, because this just started happening. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

Anybody got a Trojan Horseshoe they wanna sell me?

I use strafe a lot for shooting like Phantasy Stas Portable, so I'm pretty decent with it.

I Am Now said:
I think there was a bug in the recent patch, because this just started happening. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

Anybody got a Trojan Horseshoe they wanna sell me?
I think Fjord was looking to sell his last night. Better see if you can hook up with him.

vertopci

czartim said:
Good to hear.

I'd like someone to craft me a Magic Cloak if they can. But I'm done for the night, so it'll have to be tomorrow.

I got a few I can sell to you. Just hit me up ingame, username is Notvertopci

Just gave this a shot, and I'm very pleasantly surprised about this game.
Is the GAF guild up and running? I'd like to join up with you guys.

EDIT: nevermind, just read the post directly above mine.

PetriP-TNT said:
Wow, a game that would work on my beasty 1,4ghz machine and runs native on linux? maybe I should try this
You'll be sucked.

And man, there are times this game feels like a bullet hell with those damn turrets. The ones with the homing missiles suck ass. :(

any knoledge on how effective elemental defense is ? right now my plate seems to stop most attacks as 90% of the mobs hit me for red regular damage.

Now many of the weapons get 5 star upgrades which is a shame.

I Am Now

Banned
And my search for the trojan horseshoe continues. I can't believe I'm gonna need a total of 6 of these for my full set.

So.. I finally found one of the "unique" monsters today.

What I expected: A slightly reskinned monster with insane stats and ultra rare loot.

What I got: A slime cube with a mustache, beard, and toupee, with normal stats and loot.

Disappointed? Not even a little bit.

Top Bottom