• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

DaBoss

The bigger problem with rollers is that accuracy isn't really an issue with rollers. There's some RNG involved with where the flick goes, but generally, it is enough. Every other weapon have to deal with accuracy.

Best way to deal with rollers is to put up some Defense Up, very helpful if you are using a short-range weapon.

Though the Dynamo is pretty ridiculous with its range rivaling the mid-long range shooters with it being a one shot kill at that range as well. I bet you can flick with the dynamo from the top of Moray Towers and it will reach the bottom lol.
Matchmaking infuriates me on this game sometimes. You can pretty much tell who is going to win a match by the weapon pairings. A long range weapon + two rollers in high ranked matches are going to win 9 out of 10 times, especially if the other teams lack a roller or charger to offset.

Is that hard to make sure the rollers and/or chargers are equally split? Tower control is just luck of the draw because of this. August can't come soon enough.
Yea, this is my biggest problem with Ranked. I hate it even more when I'm using a charger and it gives me two or three other chargers on my team.

atr0cious

Yep, just as I suspected, I'm fucking awful at Splatoon. Good to know for certain, at least!
If you haven't already, make some time and beat the single player, with motion controls on of course. You instantly have the skill set of any b rank player. And it's fun. I'm using the Amiibo challenges to practice my charger before I burden my teammates with it online.

Can't wait to play and check out the 96 Deco.

I have so much fun using the 96 in turf wars and destroying low-skill teams like 20-2, and now I can bust out a kraken if they get the jump on me? This is gonna be great.

Azure J

I'm having some severe identity crisis in this game right now. I feel like I'm not doing as well as everyone else is with anything I pick up. Those charger matches on Bluefin with everyone mauling me were frustrating. =/

Sploosh is fun, but teammates are super inconsistent about using beacons (at least at the B levels) and I do often miss having an offensive secondary when using it, especially with its range; though there's always some good hiding places to at least make it consistently useful to yourself in a match.

I love the .96 gal decal. Splash wall is the perfect sub and kraken is good in a pinch - though I'd much prefer bubbler :p

Doorman

Alright, I'm out for now, bedtime (if I'm able to sleep after that, geez). I'll start adding more GAF-folks tomorrow probably, I really gotta step my game up. The Nozzlenose isn't my "main" exactly, but it's one I've wanted to improve with.

So many builds having access to squid beakons is starting to get pretty irritating!

If you haven't already, make some time and beat the single player, with motion controls on of course. You instantly have the skill set of any b rank player. And it's fun. I'm using the Amiibo challenges to practice my charger before I burden my teammates with it online.

Oh yeah, I've gone through everything, I have enough experience at the game itself. My issue is kinda twofold I guess:
1. My execution (aim) seems to get wildly inconsistent, even within any given match. With things like the L-3 and Splattershot it's felt like sometimes I zone-in and get really on point, whereas other times I'll completely flounder in almost any encounter because of easily-missed shots. There's no real warning when that comes and goes.
2. I play the game with the mental capacity of a shrew, sometimes. Situations where the moment I'm dead I already know exactly what I should have done differently. Applying those lessons hasn't exactly taken yet, I guess.

DaBoss

For the record, my post wasn't agreeing with the rollers needing nerfs. Just addressing why they are strong and why they're as common as they are. They're easy to use due to not requiring much accuracy, well more the non-Carbon Roller rollers since they have a good range.
I'm having some severe identity crisis in this game right now. I feel like I'm not doing as well as everyone else is with anything I pick up. Those charger matches on Bluefin with everyone mauling me were frustrating. =/
Ehh, you're using hard to use weapons and a weapon that you don't have a lot of time with. Don't worry about it.

Totakeke

Alright, I'm out for now, bedtime (if I'm able to sleep after that, geez). I'll start adding more GAF-folks tomorrow probably, I really gotta step my game up. The Nozzlenose isn't my "main" exactly, but it's one I've wanted to improve with.

So many builds having access to squid beakons is starting to get pretty irritating!

You're annoyingly accurate with your disruptor at least. :p

I just don't think the charger is for you yet, you need a lot more time with it.

StAidan

Ugh, worst night of Turf War ever. I couldn't find a decent set of teammates for anything. Level 20s making awful newbie mistakes like solo invading the enemy base on Bluefin Depot when we don't even have the middle secure yet. And how the heck does a roller accumulate a mere 112 points over the course of a 3-minute match?

I did have one awesome teammate for 2 matches in a row, who really knew how to use the Splash Wall, for everything from pushing the enemy back to protecting teammates who were super jumping into a hotzone.

Won 2 out of 12 rounds. I think it's time to call it a night.

Zing

Banned
All this 96 is making brushlife too difficult. I often die without seeing any shots even fired in my direction.

Back to Nozzlenose and life is good.

Doorman

You're annoyingly accurate with your disruptor at least. :p

Hahaha. Liberal use of disruptors is pretty much my main strategy with...any weapon that uses a disruptor. Maybe I'll try switching the Nozzlenose out for a Blaster and see how that goes. L-3's range is handy at times but I tend to panic and falter when confronted close and that was ruining me against the Sploosh. Maybe going blaster will at least help me train my thinking more toward spacing and discipline. Ultimately I'll probably still wind up back with the .96, it's always been my most consistent scorer.

Grakl

Okay both Violet and Pacheco lag to the point where I'm getting shot through walls by both, I'm done lol

Fuckin e-liter lag bruh

Totakeke

Oh well, an ten game win streak with the splooshie has been broken. It's hard to ambush people when you don't have territory. :p

Basically it's high run speed + good inking speed + good close range combat + beacons = guerilla warfare + base infiltration.

Violet_0

Banned
You killed me 5 seconds from the past lmao

let's be real - it's more like ~1.5-2 seconds :p
but yeah I'm getting lag from everyone in the room, I suppose the universe does not want me to play now
Okay both Violet and Pacheco lag to the point where I'm getting shot through walls by both, I'm done lol
nah it's fine I left the room Grakl

Top Bottom