• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Doorman

I still suck I need a new gun

I like rapid fire and long range what would you guys recommend?

my first game capture upload https://youtu.be/GuQ__yq_mCk

too bad my WiFi is too slow to live stream GAF matches :(

One of the Dual Squelchers, perhaps? Others have more impact for similar range (.96 particularly), and the Jet Squelchers fire longer, but it offers a pretty balanced middle ground between the two. I'm not particularly good with them myself but I've seen others who are very effective.

atr0cious

Alright, I'm out for now, bedtime (if I'm able to sleep after that, geez). I'll start adding more GAF-folks tomorrow probably, I really gotta step my game up. The Nozzlenose isn't my "main" exactly, but it's one I've wanted to improve with.

So many builds having access to squid beakons is starting to get pretty irritating!

Oh yeah, I've gone through everything, I have enough experience at the game itself. My issue is kinda twofold I guess:
1. My execution (aim) seems to get wildly inconsistent, even within any given match. With things like the L-3 and Splattershot it's felt like sometimes I zone-in and get really on point, whereas other times I'll completely flounder in almost any encounter because of easily-missed shots. There's no real warning when that comes and goes.
2. I play the game with the mental capacity of a shrew, sometimes. Situations where the moment I'm dead I already know exactly what I should have done differently. Applying those lessons hasn't exactly taken yet, I guess.
Pretty much me. I main the brush, but feel the nozzle is a little harder to master, so I've been using it till they drop a brush with splat bombs. As far as not winning every heads up, the brush and the nozzle require almost constant effort, especially if you want to be good. What this means is you're going to take moments and even rounds "off." The best players recognize this and take their worst moments as lessons to improve on when they're ready to go full on again. If you're worried about points just remember to look at the counter when you shoot to see if you're doing your job.

Azure J

I need Heng to explain to me how he splatted me from behind two different walls almost a full length of the stage away on Mall just now.

On the positive side, I look goddamn awesome in this gear and it has good functionality.

Heng

I need Heng to explain to me how he splatted me from behind two different walls almost a full length of the stage away on Mall just now.

On the positive side, I look goddamn awesome in this gear and it has good functionality.
There's a sweet spot on the other side of the mall that allows you to hit the other side. Violet taught me this.

Violet_0

Banned
How many shots does the splattershot take to kill? Sploosh takes 3 hits to kill, are they similar in that way?

I think it's 5? I never really used this weapon

I played a match with a bunch of Japanese and the latency was pretty okay. Dunno why I was lagging so badly earlier

ryechu

Oh well, an ten game win streak with the splooshie has been broken. It's hard to ambush people when you don't have territory. :p

Basically it's high run speed + good inking speed + good close range combat + beacons = guerilla warfare + base infiltration.

I'm trying to make a swim speed + run speed set for it. IT doesnt really need ink subabilites nor dmg.

Xeteh

Wow GAF rooms are starting to be difficult to get into.

They always tend to do be if there's a bunch of people on. I've waited for ~20m on the "join next available battle" screen before.

Edit: Awesome, Bluefin. I swear this map just waits for me to log on to pop up.

So after using the male inkling since getting the game. I've finally deciding to go female inkling. Their design seems so much better.

That is until they release a hair salon place

Totakeke

I'm trying to make a swim speed + run speed set for it. IT doesnt really need ink subabilites nor dmg.

If you play the way I did you won't need swim speed. Most of the times I just jump to beacons and start inking. Not much swimming involved unless you believe swim speed giving you an advantage in close range combat.

One of the Dual Squelchers, perhaps? Others have more impact for similar range (.96 particularly), and the Jet Squelchers fire longer, but it offers a pretty balanced middle ground between the two. I'm not particularly good with them myself but I've seen others who are very effective.

I'll try them all I am not sure why I always go back to this gold gun

I'm stepping out of that game. Dying like 3 seconds after confirmation, ink updating slowly, and I am probably getting kills I shouldn't be getting.

This doesn't happen in previous GAF games :/ other games I played today seemed fine, so this is weird.

Top Bottom