• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Zing

Banned
That was fun but I have to eat after this match. I've been trying to eat my dinner for an hour. I'm not used to matches starting so fast.

Doorman

I wonder if changing my Mii's name into Japanese would give me wondrous lag-powers so I could kill from beyond the grave and magically exceed my weapon's natural range.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think he means how people play and not how the lobbies start. :p
Yeah, this is what I meant.
I played with a Japanese stream last night and when it was Saltspray Rig, everyone was like fuck the world, b-line it to the top center and and secure it; 90% of the time, whoever got it first, won.

Robotguy

So, from playing around in the test range it doesn't look like damage up helps Squiffer's charge time at all, is that correct?

You know you got a problem when you are sitting in your office thinking of different load outs
I'm still trying to figure out what I can do to maximize my special gauge while racing for the middle on most maps. I definitely care about itemization as well, but I also want to know what it takes to get my special charged, where I want to be when teams collide in the middle, etc.

Huh, did not expect to go this good with the Kelp Charger in my first few matches of Tower Control.
Kelp Charger is great ^_^ I thought it was sort of redundant at first with a sniping main weapon and a sniping special weapon, but Killer Wail actually helps clean up when you might have too many targets to fight at once or when you want to support across the map, and Sprinkler is both an excellent distraction and great at charging up the special gauge.

CJbEzEzUAAEaHLS.png:orig

I'll be amazed if this ever happens to me again. I'm so proud to have barely won. ;_;
I love these games, when things are really down to the wire and everyone's given their all :)

Dumb question, how many losses do you guys go through before putting down the gamepad for the day?
I don't keep track of how many losses I go through, that generally starts becoming very depressing if I'm too aware :X Usually I just play to the best of my ability, and if I see something I can improve on or see someone doing something cool, I make it a small personal goal to improve my execution and see how I do next game. Even if I lose, I win.

This philosophy doesn't work all that well if I'm playing in a laggy game though, then I have no idea what habits I should be culling or improvements I should be making. I'm more likely to put the gamepad down (or just play against randoms) when I start lagging bad.

NNID? I'm just playing turf wars.
NNID: CoconutTank

Fuck you and everything you hold dear Crisium

Edit: And now I can't get back in... Great.

Looks like I need to deveop tactics for the .96 Deco. I'm not having this shit anymore.
I'm trying to get better at bomb tossing to get bombs over Splash Walls. Barring that I want to use a weapon that has Killer Wail handy. I haven't fought against Splash Walls that often and in recent GAF games I have proven to be very unprepared to deal with them =[

Squelchers are such bullshit.
>:D

Yeah, this is what I meant.
I played with a Japanese stream last night and when it was Saltspray Rig, everyone was like fuck the world, b-line it to the top center and and secure it; 90% of the time, whoever got it first, won.
Yeah... I don't mind Rig much, but I admit there aren't many opening strategies on that map. The big northern area is worth the most points and breaking through the choke and going up the ramp below that area can be quite difficult. The rest of the map is worth more points, but in that case you've basically contained the enemy team instead of it being the other way around.

Zing

Banned
CoconutTank, I'll add you later. My gamepad battery is exhausted! I finished my dinner and wanted to jump back in, too. :(

Guess I'll wait for the rotation at 10pm.

Top Bottom