• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I haven't played Ranked in a while..Does it change between Splat Zones and Tower Control with every map rotation change?

Also, following my Turf War tees, I made a Shrimp Kicks t-shirt.

display.jpg

It's a weapon you have to play very differently and very measuredly. I don't think anyone can go offensive with it and rush in like other weapons . You only have one optimal blast radius at range and you always have to keep your enemies at that range.

I was playing around with suction bomb pressure last night and getting good results but now my ink management has gone out the window :/

Some of these maps make good spacing damn near impossible too.

Totakeke

It takes me a few games to adjust to switching weapons. Maybe you just need to play a bit more games to get the feel of it again.

lol

I don't think you should embed an 11MB gif. :p

Fine fine.

On other news I finally managed to reach A+ with my charger-only alt. Yay.

Totakeke

That was quite the ambush you survived, to take two down - awesome

Chargers are awesome especially when you get that kill close range, so damn satisfying

That's not me. :p

Matchmaking is off today, why does it keep putting me in B+ rooms once I reached A+.

Ah there we go.

Geg

That's not me. :p

Matchmaking is off today, why does it keep putting me in B+ rooms once I reached A+.

Ah there we go.
Yeah my first ranked match today where I disconnected had two A+ players in the B+ room. The other two games I played were all B+

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I must be missing some team synergy thing I don't know about.

How did one guy in a game kill me with an inkzooka then the next time he killed me he had a bubble? In the same game.

DrStiles

So I must be missing some team synergy thing I don't know about.

How did one guy in a game kill me with an inkzooka then the next time he killed me he had a bubble? In the same game.

If a teammate is in a bubble and they run into you, you'll get a bubble as well until it wears off.

Zing

Banned
Also, any particular weapon good for just getting points? Really trying to hit 20 before the weekend.
Turf wars in general is awful for earning points. Join ranked and win instead. At rank A, I earn over 4000 per match. Even the C+ rank gives you about 3000 per win.

Comm error'd :/

Getting late anyway. GGs Smashley and GAF!
At least he wasn't shooting the ground....
I actually thought it was Shark at first >.>

Edit: Actually I think there's another Nathan on my FL. It had to be him because I'm almost sure that Nintendo isolates new players into their own matchmaking lobbies.

Vecks

Also, any particular weapon good for just getting points? Really trying to hit 20 before the weekend.

If you're sticking with turf war, Aerosprays are probably the easiest way to go, though Splattershot Jr. shouldn't be far behind. For a more challenging approach, the Brush/sprinkler.

DaBoss

I just had a thought. What if you don't get to earn cash in private lobbies? That would suck big time. I guess it would make sense, but still.

I just had a thought. What if you don't get to earn cash in private lobbies? That would suck big time. I guess it would make sense, but still.

It would make sense but you have to get something right? Maybe it's be a separate rank or points towards that unreleased gear?

J@hranimo

Banned
...That moment when during a game you don't hear any splatting or inking or squid jumping for a while

and then the comm error happens o.o

Vecks

Hopefully that won't be the case. A set amount would be fine I think. Like 1000 for the winning team, 500 for the losing team.

J@hranimo

Banned
Nintendo why does my roller not push back the bubble!

I've been wondering that too ever since I started using the Carbon, yet there are no answers...

edit: Dammit I'm so late! Why did it take me this long to use walk speed up gear with my Hero Shot? It helps SO much! D:

NoKisum

Is it just me? Or does online ink colors only consist of Orange vs Blue right now? It's all I've been getting for the last couple weeks or so.

Doorman

Is it just me? Or does online ink colors only consist of Orange vs Blue right now? It's all I've been getting for the last couple weeks or so.

Did color-lock somehow become enabled on your game? That's the only explanation I can think of, since it still rotates just fine for me.

Top Bottom