• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Thank you based spyke.

Only one roll :p
MlWA77xo4Eg4eA7v_w

Ahnez

First time playing ranked

8 consecutive victories lol

From C- 0 to C 75 without a single loss

Got a comm error in the 9th match :p

RedFyn

So, apparently I can get to the middle of Urchin Underpass fast enough to stop Red's preferred opening play if I'm playing Dual Squelcher, but not with Custom Jet Squelcher. Guess I'll need to figure out an alternate strategy when I'm using CJS.
Sort of. A number of weapons can get there faster than I can however I normally throw a bomb to zone you out. I messed up that time, accidentally canceled out my bomb and suicidally decided to go for it anyway. I should have played smarter and adjusted.

Boy, have I just had the oddest match ever. The other team had 3 rollers and a Tentatek or something and what they did was run around all as one big mob, carbon leading the charge, two rollers right behind and the guy with the actual gun at the back. This was on Blackbelly, and they made a beeline for the side path every time, not even attempting to ink their own territory.

My team took total control of the rest of the map and never ended up even seeing the other team, it was just me fending them off with my Inkbrush. But the rollers never ever used the splash, and the Tentatek guy was obsessed with trying to climb the little wall on the right which overlooks the tower, to the point where I just hid in the ink and kept tossing sprinklers behind him, watching him freak out each time one appeared.

I suppose I'm a Squid now and a Kid now.
I can't stop playing this game! It's amazing.

Does Turf Wars really only have 2 maps? It's easily the most unique match but that seems like such a raw deal.

Stressful as all hell. :lol

That's only because you're worrying about your rank lol. It doesn't mean anything. You don't care if you win or lose in Turf Wars. Treat ranked the same. We won't look at you any differently if you're a B-.
We'll probably judge you if you're a C though lol jk

Robotguy

Sort of. A number of weapons can get there faster than I can however I normally throw a bomb to zone you out. I messed up that time, accidentally canceled out my bomb and suicidally decided to go for it anyway. I should have played smarter and adjusted.
I know the bomb is part of your strategy and it was giving me hell as jet squelcher. Didn't realize you messed it up that time I was too focused I guess.

But under further consideration I'm not sure you can range me out as Jet Squelcher, though that kind of depends on how accurate my memory of you bomb positions is, and on how close you were throwing to your max range. Per my memory you were always short of the bump in my doorway. Now I know I can shoot the opponents bump from the little ramps in the center, so the opposite should be true. Though even if that's true it don't know that I'd be able to land enough hits on you between the time you come into range and the time you get to the safety of the ditch.

Do you never experiment with new gear? I've certainly spent that much just adding slots to 1-star gear to have alternative combinations. I think I've only rerolled once.

Yes... always. Almost all of my 1-2 star gear have extra slots now. When I play in GAF turf wars, I'm usually ranking up my gear. Which is why sometimes I play like absolute trash. I've probably re-rolled about 4 times.

atr0cious

I really don't have any sets. I buy based on brand and style, and it mostly works out. Finally got this comeback headband I've been stalking the plaza for. Think guy sloth ended up having it. Can finally get rid of this nasty bike cap I've been holding on to.

Vecks

Okay, time to stop playing and be productive. Good games Violet, Doc, and...uh, I think KingJolly(?) might be GAF too. Nice to see that the kraken nerf hasn't dissuaded people from using it. Had a lot of fun kraken battles in that room.

Okay, time to stop playing and be productive. Good games Violet, Doc, and...uh, I think KingJolly(?) might be GAF too. Nice to see that the kraken nerf hasn't dissuaded people from using it. Had a lot of fun kraken battles in that room.

I'm kingjolly :p

RedFyn

I know the bomb is part of your strategy and it was giving me hell as jet squelcher. Didn't realize you messed it up that time I was too focused I guess.

But under further consideration I'm not sure you can range me out as Jet Squelcher, though that kind of depends on how accurate my memory of you bomb positions is, and on how close you were throwing to your max range. Per my memory you were always short of the bump in my doorway. Now I know I can shoot the opponents bump from the little ramps in the center, so the opposite should be true. Though even if that's true it don't know that I'd be able to land enough hits on you between the time you come into range and the time you get to the safety of the ditch.
Yeah the whole point of my opening is to get to the middle 'ditch' and then do what I can until my team gets there. Any kills I get are just bonus.

tariniel

So how do I not suck horribly with the charger? Which abilities on a charger are most desired, is there a 'best' charger weapon?

Every time I play one I do terribly and feel like I lose the game for the team I'm on. I'm talking like 400p max without win bonus. Compare that to the machine gun type and I usually can get up to 800-1000 points before win bonus.

Top Bottom