• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Vecks

Tried more ink mines last night. As expected, ink mines seem to work pretty good against randoms, but not very good against GAF. With randoms, I might get 3-5 kills with mines in a match. Against GAF, usually 1 mine kill. There was one game, though, where robotguy seemed to gravitate toward them.

Tried more ink mines last night. As expected, ink mines seem to work pretty good against randoms, but not very good against GAF. With randoms, I might get 3-5 kills with mines in a match. Against GAF, usually 1 mine kill. There was one game, though, where robotguy seemed to gravitate toward them.

How could they buff mines? Either make them explode faster or let me be able to put at least two of them on the map.

Edit: anyways time to play with doc and violet.

Robotguy

I most if not all of my deaths that match were to ink mines. I don't even know how that's possible.
Well, actually I think it's due to the way I was trying to play blaster vs how I play other weapons, but I still should been able to get away better.

Azure J

Ink Mine deaths are some of the worst for me personally since you always think "lolmines" until you're caught in a position where you want to double back but either someone's chasing you, there's enemy ink a pixel away from you that kills your squid jump momentum or you just cannot react since it was going off anyway. :lol

Tangent: Do super jumps have invul frames on the beginning of their animation?

backlot

Saltspray Rig Tower Control is what made me want to use the E-liter. It really is good on that map.

I've decided to not play Tower Control when Rig is in rotation because I noticed that being teamed with an E-liter is an auto win and I don't want to play one myself.

WALKMAN04

Playing ranked for the first time in a while and having a blast, bluefin is so fun, had an epic battle over the water for the tower where me and the enemy just kept jumping on and off the tower and circling the sides to get a back attack on the other, then there was a game where I killed the entire enemy team with 1 inkzooka shot lol, haven't lost a game on bluefin yet, might take a break from ranked for a bit though

Edit: I wasn't a fan of saltspray tower control when I was playing it earlier, there isn't enough room for me, I was trying out the pro at the time, maybe a different weapon would work better and I don't want to use blasters because I feel it's too good for tower control

Robotguy

Question: Is it possible to squid jump over seekers, or do I just suck at it?
I'm pretty sure I've only successfully kid jumped over them.

I think I might add some dmg ups into my CJS build and try that annoying 1 burst bomb + 1 shot tactic that some splattershot users do.

Playing ranked for the first time in a while and having a blast, bluefin is so fun, had an epic battle over the water for the tower where me and the enemy just kept jumping on and off the tower and circling the sides to get a back attack on the other, then there was a game where I killed the entire enemy team with 1 inkzooka shot lol, haven't lost a game on bluefin yet, might take a break from ranked for a bit though

Edit: I wasn't a fan of saltspray tower control when I was playing it earlier, there isn't enough room for me, I was trying out the pro at the time, maybe a different weapon would work better and I don't want to use blasters because I feel it's too good for tower control
I think Saltspray is pretty bad for TC. The pathway is just too narrow most of the time.
I'm gonna go buy the game in a little bit. Are the controls gyro or can you switch to dual sticks too?
You can switch to dual analog if you want.
Most of us seem to prefer gyro, but it does take a while to adjust to it.

DaBoss

Yea, Bluefin is a lot of fun for Tower Control. I think it is cause it uses so much of the map which makes it very interesting. There are good flanking opportunities.
I've decided to not play Tower Control when Rig is in rotation because I noticed that being teamed with an E-liter is an auto win and I don't want to play one myself.
Not really. It's hard to win though. Having a charger on your team will help on Saltspray a lot.

When the tower is in the middle, don't stay on the tower when moving it. Get on and then get off and nudge it along till the line of fire for the sniper is blocked. This will force them to move to the next elevated platform where they are much more vulnerable to bombs of any kind.
I don't think you can. Seems the hitbox for squids is a lot bigger than it looks.

Geg

Yeah I didn't even realize this until recently but jumping as a squid doesn't seem to give you enough height to get over seekers. The hitbox on one of the two is wonky

WALKMAN04

I'm gonna go buy the game in a little bit. Are the controls gyro or can you switch to dual sticks too?
You can switch, I played the game for about 100+ hours using analog and loved it then switched to gyro to just try it, it took me like 5 days but I eventually got it and the game feels completely different from anything I have ever played. Don't be discouraged if you don't get it right away, it was like hell for me to get the hang of it because I knew I was better with analog, in fact someone even said I was one of the best players on gaf when I used analog controls, now that I got the hang of it I believe I'm at the same skill level with either.

I think I might add some dmg ups into my CJS build and try that annoying 1 burst bomb + 1 shot tactic that some splattershot users do.
Why would you ever want to squid jump over it, it would take too damn long especially if you have stealth jump

Robotguy

I don't think you can. Seems the hitbox for squids is a lot bigger than it looks.
Yeah, it's annoying because it always looks like I should make it over, but nope.
You can switch, I played the game for about 100+ hours using analog and loved it then switched to gyro to just try it, it took me like 5 days but I eventually got it and the game feels completely different from anything I have ever played. Don't be discouraged if you don't get it right away, it was like hell for me to get the hang of it because I knew I was better with analog, in fact someone even said I was one of the best players on gaf when I used analog controls, now that I got the hang of it I believe I'm at the same skill level with either.

Why would you ever want to squid jump over it, it would take too damn long especially if you have stealth jump
I mean jumping in squid form, not super jumping.

WALKMAN04

Yeah, it's annoying because it always looks like I should make it over, but nope.

I mean jumping in squid form, not super jumping.
Oh, well in that case I have tried a few times even with a running( I guess the correct term is squidding) start and have never been able to do so, so I don't know

4 eliters on one team
9c0.jpg

backlot

Not really. It's hard to win though. Having a charger on your team will help on Saltspray a lot.

When the tower is in the middle, don't stay on the tower when moving it. Get on and then get off and nudge it along till the line of fire for the sniper is blocked. This will force them to move to the next elevated platform where they are much more vulnerable to bombs of any kind.

Luna Blaster's lack of bombs really hurts on Rig. Even if I get the charger to move I'll never be in range to hit them. I also feel like there's nothing I can do at the start of the match when everyone is launching bombs into the top area. I might go back to Splat Roller if I ever do that stage again.

I feel like E-liter is pretty exploitable in Moray Towers Splat Zones too. They can cap the zone without even leaving their side of the map if the enemy doesn't have someone dedicated to spraying their zone nonstop. Two E-liters on the same team makes it even easier.

Moonlight

Banned
Looking at this gear chart kinda depresses me because most of the gear I like from a visual angle don't exactly have good odds on abilities I care about. :(

Robotguy

Looking at this gear chart kinda depresses me because most of the gear I like from a visual angle don't exactly have good odds on abilities I care about. :(
Yeah, it would be nice if for Splat2n the clothes were just aesthetic and your ability equips were done separately.

Violet_0

Banned
ggs, I have a lot to learn, keeping the self control up is so hard with chargers, I mostly relied with the bombs, not sure if it was you I was spamming on the mall with it.

yeah that was me, I was wondering if you were ever going to stop I couldn't really do anything there. You forced me back to my primary sniper position with those damn bombs

StAidan

What did everyone vote for this splatfest?

Water slides for me, and based on what I've seen in Inkopolis the split might be a little more even this time. I've seen a lot of both choices there in the plaza, where last time I saw more team dog posts by far.

Rize_21

yeah that was me, I was wondering if you were ever going to stop I couldn't really do anything there. You forced me back to my primary sniper position with those damn bombs

haha yeah the thing is that once you controlled the middle with Daboss we had few options left, you guys are scary once positioned.

What did everyone vote for this splatfest?

Team Eating!
Can you smeeeeeeeeell what The Spike is cookiiiiiiiing????!!!!!

Top Bottom