• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Zing

Banned
Yep, same here. We lost finally, by 1% and two guys bailed in the middle of the next match.

And, yeah, saltspray with newbs gives me ulcers.

Azure J

I can't believe some people think they can win saltspray by only staying in the north part lol

With a good enough team and a last second push for the lower area, it's doable. I'm on a 4 game win streak getting the team in there first and defending them before going scouting.

Doorman

First team of the night...was awful. The lag is less than stellar again too. I still don't get how games feel more stable against people on the other side of the world than when everyone is confined into the same territory, but hey.

J@hranimo

Banned
I can't believe some people think they can win saltspray by only staying in the north part lol

You seem to be able to. The north platform plus spawn area is enough.

With a good enough team and a last second push for the lower area, it's doable. I'm on a 4 game win streak getting the team in there first and defending them before going scouting.

Yup, can confirm. Just did it with like just over 1 percent for the win. That's silly too.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I feel like it uses more ink as well. Which is odd since the trail is smaller.

Pretty sure Nintendo has to fix/adjust the inkbrush. Switched back to roller and I'm covering way more ground plus going the same distance. And it's not giving me arthritis like I would if I kamikaze with the inkbrush. I guess the one advantage to the inkbrush should be its speed but that's negated if I have to refill my ink tank quicker than I would a regular roller.

I like that Nintendo went 3 maps for this rotation. One big map (Port Makerel), one medium size map (Saltspray Rig) and one small map (Bluefin Depot).

I enjoy Splatfests so far (if they can get PSO/Destiny-style live hubs and a dance button in a sequel it'll be even better lol) but the music is really a letdown. It's still good, but it's not even half as 'punchy' as the standard tuneage. Don't mean to complain, it doesn't bother me, just disappointing.

Nia

Horrendous lag. 2 for 2 so far. I'll continue tomorrow and hopefully won't spontaneously explode from disembodied ink shots.

Okay, is this going to be like the other Splatfest? Where the matchmaking for me was so horrible, that I only got to Cat King by losing for almost 8 hours in total?

Azure J

Stuck in a pretty godlike room with a Carbon Roller who is really benefiting from my charger stuff. Gonna ride this out for as long as possible. Also what's with all the no shows on team coaster?

Seriously game? Seriously.

Last three matches.

Me: 1440 9/1
Rest of team : 1/9 1/8 0/4.

Me: 1224 8/1
Rest of team: 1/9 0/3 0/1

Me: 1420 10/2
Rest of team : 2/4 1/9 0/0

Yay. Good job.

Plus, half the people are lagging out their squid butts. Insane.

Top Bottom