• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

SM239

Teammates keep either walking in front of my shots or right behind me constantly resulting in blocked shots and double kills for the other team. It's fucking maddening.

Had this happen so many times today when using the Splat Pro. I have them outranged and as good as splatted, but nope... Aerospray guy needs to hop infront of me, block my shots, and let the enemy close in on us to take us both out.

Jachaos

Sometimes I have to meticulously ink my entire base just so that my teammates stop doing it and go do something productive.

I do that too, I feel the first minute can be spent doing that as it's territory that will likely remain unopposed and yours for the whole game pretty much guaranteed.

Then the second half of the game is when the middle is decided. Pretty much anything in the middle in the first half will be covered up by the end of the game anyway.

SM239

Well calling it quits at the 50 streak mark (and a comm error). Will be back after splatfest to see if we can get some GAF games going.

Zing

Banned
Just started a match 1V4. Felt bad for the guy so I just practiced some jumps I wouldn't normally do.
I had that happen. When my teammates weren't hunting the poor guy, he and I were just squidding around. i also tried to splat him just with my sprinklers.

Robotguy

I had that happen. When my teammates weren't hunting the poor guy, he and I were just squidding around. i also tried to splat him just with my sprinklers.
I should have just stood in front of my teammates to block their shots the whole time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just needed to win one more match to get champion but nope. My team let me down :/

Now I gotta keep playing

Yeah, that happened to me, too, when I was at 94 out of 99. Just needed a win to get King ... got two losses. (Earned King on a win, though, which was nice.)

Zing

Banned
I didn't hit king rank last time due to time constraints, but achieved it this time. So hawt rating of 20.0. Done for the night.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that happened to me, too, when I was at 94 out of 99. Just needed a win to get King ... got two losses. (Earned King on a win, though, which was nice.)

I had exactly the same experience.

Azure J

Agreed. Also lol at the majority still using the aero. I'd figure more people would branch out by now.

Splatfest is really eye opening since it shows me that the meta is very much still "rapid fire short range + Ink-aga super". Which of course is stupidly good for any scrub trying to snatch games when they travel in packs.

It also made me wonder how come chargers were so rare since a set up charger hard counters a lot of their shenanigans, especially with the three maps we have.

Totakeke

After playing the squiffer half day I think I prefer no-scope chargers for close range situations. Hard to do the same as squiffer with scopes limiting your view. On the other hand I couldn't finish ranking up just using dynamo because it's such hard work.

Also feeling kinda bored of close range weapons and not feeling carbon roller so much anymore. They're a bit limited in terms of tactical options.

If i'm gonna keep using the 89' i'm gonna need sub saver because twice now i've gooned myself over with throwin a sprinkler and having 0 ink to shoot with.

Robotguy

Splatfest is really eye opening since it shows me that the meta is very much still "rapid fire short range + Ink-aga super". Which of course is stupidly good for any scrub trying to snatch games when they travel in packs.

It also made me wonder how come chargers were so rare since a set up charger hard counters a lot of their shenanigans, especially with the three maps we have.
Yeah, I've barely played with/vs any chargers today.

Doorman

Argh dammit, I was at an EVO party until just recently, but I'm like 30 points off from reaching Roller Coaster Queen still from my playing earlier today. I assumed I would be home sooner but now there's literally no way to reach the final rank and I feel like a boob. Missing out on dem snails. D:

Hackworth

jesus the lord who is also the christ illuminate these poor squid as to the key area of Saltspray Rig or rapture them off to the US severs to bother someone else.

I'm at 71/99 and my heart can't take this.

Jims

Haha, was playing Octobrush, and a Krak-On Roller tried to Kraken me in the face. I immediately Kraken'd after him (within a second) and followed right behind him, covering his path perfectly. You should have seen it. It was spotless, my following-ability.

I forgot that Krak-On Rollers are faster than Brushes, and he immediately splatted me when we changed back. Haha, I deserve that so much.

Also saw a guy go 4-10 on a Turf War on Port Mackerel. How do you die 10 times in 180 seconds? We weren't even spawn camping until maybe the last 40 seconds.

jepense

Got to the second highest level (team eat) and I think that's enough. Won maybe 1/4 of the matches being with quite bad teammates a lot of the time. I mean, I'm not good, but I usually have a positive or even splat ratio and know the basic key points of the maps. The last couple of games my teammates had splat ratios between 2:5 - 0:9.

je_ssi e

This Splatfest didn't go as well as the last one. Aha.
Though, last time everyone was an easy Aerospray for the picking. A lot tougher weapons to fight this time. At least in my experience.

Had a decent streak going for my last few games.
Even with a griefer on my team (played maybe six games with him) we only lost one on the last few games I had. Stayed just to spite him.

All those C'mon's in the spawn were motivation!
Thanks for being the cheerleader the rest of our team needed!

Only had one Coaster v Coaster match. Which was waaaay different from all the Dog v Dog matches I had.

Don't really care on the outcome. Just want the snails and if I lose 18 is more than fine.

I think I'll play the single player for a bit until they announce the winner. They should allow me to play the single player campaign with my gear instead of the default suit... :/

I must've ended winning around 70% of my matches. Well, it's just a guess... Even if Water Slides don't win at least I can get 18 snails.

Top Bottom