• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

We did it for Callie

tumblr_nqd3qerb7h1t3g0xco1_500.jpg

Vena

Lots of 3v4, connection errors, and general shittiness early on. In the evening, much improved. We have a LAN adapter and our internet is sold. Frankly if I had as many connections issues in a PC game, I'd probably put it down. These issues should be mostly resolved when we can have private lobbies and ensure someone is not screwing us p2p. Random lobbies will always be a shit show in terms of internet and skill.

You should go buy it back, it might help your connection!

Jims

Turns out both popularity and wins are relevant, not just one or the other! Despite the salty Cat lover complaints

To be fair, however, depending on the split in popularity, it can make a comeback really difficult by the minority team. Like, in the Rock/Pop contest, Pop had to make up a 28 point disadvantage.

Since all of the win ratios have been fluctuating between 55-45 and closer, making up that 28 points is still somewhat difficult in some situations. Team Cat obviously had it a little better than Team Pop mathematically, but it's still tough in any split bigger than 60-40. The small split in this contest seemed to be in that perfect area of the matches being important still, but popularity still giving a tiny, teensy edge.

To be fair, however, depending on the split in popularity, it can make a comeback really difficult by the minority team. Like, in the Rock/Pop contest, Pop had to make up a 28 point disadvantage.

Since all of the win ratios have been fluctuating between 55-45 and closer, making up that 28 points is still somewhat difficult in some situations. Team Cat obviously had it a little better than Team Pop mathematically, but it's still tough in any split bigger than 60-40.

Well, of course. If your team loses 60-40 it's gonna be pretty hard to win as well.

It's a measurement of both popularity and wins. Popularity counts for something, too.

Complaining that it should just be wins is really misguided imo.

Jims

Complaining that it should just be wins is really misguided imo.

Yeah. I recall feeling that way at first when Team Cat lost, but ended up coming around and blaming the polling instead. It's going to be a tough thing for Nintendo to manage because they don't know how everyone's going to vote. But they need to avoid situations where the numbers make the final results a statistical foregone conclusion. The math makes balancing this event a chore.

They could tweak it by going x3 wins, but eventually they'll push so far in that direction that the popularity doesn't matter. They should keep it the same and just be super careful in what poll they wanna do.

Anyone kinda thinking it's weird that the Splatfest photos for the teams in NA/EU are cartoonish looking, while the Japanese ones are actual photos for the team?

Team Origini vs Team Sushi for next Japanese Splatfest pls

Get anything good?

Unfortunately not anything too good.

2 damage up with the stealth swim shoes

And 2 inkling speed up with an opening gambit hat , so that seems to be the best I got.

At least spyke did a good job on an order and I got a bicycle hat with 2 ink recovery subs and one empty slot.

Jims

Still had 5 snails left over from last time. How do you guys go through all these snails so quickly? Re-rolling?

The obsessive-compulsive completionist in me wants to put 3 slots on everything. I want to wear my whole wardrobe of clothes!

So I get 18 shells for losing? Not even mad about losing now. I still have four from the last round, I get to wear all the pretty clothes I want now. :3

Nia

Well, I got some good rerolls on my preferred attire, so I don't feel as bad anymore. Still have 19 Snails to spare.

EulaCapra

I am dying at the Splatfest results. Judging by the trends, I knew Water Slides would take the popularity. But I never imagined a 6% margin win LMAO.

Come to the Roller Coaster Queen, my 24 Super Sea Snails!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Real talk though the only reason I could see someone picking water slides over roller coasters is if they're scared of roller coasters

I'm out for tonight. GG everyone

Nia

Real talk though the only reason I could see someone picking water slides over roller coasters is if they're scared of roller coasters

Damn right I'm scared of them. Hell I was afraid of tall waterslides until my early teens. Marie's views have happened to match mine twice now, which works out for me.

atr0cious

I'd rather stand in line in the heat of the sun, and get cooled down at the end by chlorinated water over vomit particles from a fellow roller coaster rider.

Apparently they have a 4v4 setup at Evo where the winning team gets Splatoon swag.

6zGf0L5.jpg

Good to see they're promoting it to the competitive crowd at least.
Hey! I got one of those hats from taking part at one of the mini-tournaments at the Comic Con Nintendo Lounge last week.
And the t-shirt from Wondercon for trying the demo.

Regiruler

TEAM SLIDE CAN GO SUCK IT

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I'd rather stand in line in the heat of the sun, and get cooled down at the end by chlorinated water over vomit particles from a fellow roller coaster rider.
Coaster wait lines are usually covered or indoors. And the best coasters are better at night.

Top Bottom