• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

mo60

I did way better than last time this time despite using a slightly slower gun and playing in matches were I did really horrible(under 500p), but never under 400p. I never broke a 1000 points without winning once, but I came close a few times. I had stretches were I was winning like crazy and I got a vibe around 13 during the splatfest.

Hackworth

Jumping back in after getting Eternal Sleep was a good idea: the game is much more fun when comm errors don't feel like they're stealing my progress.

Dryk

Considering I've 3/4 of the way to max rank I hope the network doesn't eat my sea snails like it did last Splatfest <.<

Violet_0

Banned
We did it for Callie

tumblr_nqd3qerb7h1t3g0xco1_500.jpg
And then you do it for her
That's how you know you can win
You do it for her, that is to say
You'll do it for him

I782ppS.png

Deep down you know
You weren't built for fighting
But that doesn't mean
You're not prepared to try

What they don't know
Is your real advantage
When you live for someone
You're prepared to dye

Deep down I know
That I'm just a kid (True)
But I know that I can draw my brush and fight

With my short existence (Good)
I can make a difference (Yes, excellent!)
I can be there for her
I can be her knight

I can do it for her
You'd do it for her
Okay, now do that again (Yes, ma'am.)
You do it for her, and now you say:

I'll do it for him
I782ppS.png

Ozium

I think because real kids can't ride on roller coasters, team water slides had a lot more younger players. Ah well, no big deal. 18 sea snails is still 18 sea snails.

I don't really like either and I should have gone with #TeamCallie #SuperiorSquid but I do not like heights :(

The obsessive-compulsive completionist in me wants to put 3 slots on everything. I want to wear my whole wardrobe of clothes!

Same

Oh wow, thought RC would be more popular since water slides aren't everywhere.

Water slides are more available than roller coasters tho.. Most Roller Coasters are at amusement parks while water slides can exist at any public or private pool or natatorium.

Azure J

I got some ballin' ass rerolls with all the Shells I earned from this splatfest, including a perfect pair of Krak-On Blue Slip Ons on my first try much to my surprise (why can't I get that lucky with the Ink Resist Red Hi Tops?). I wish if there were an easier way to get more triple subs though. I want to experiment/wear more rad combinations.

On a related note, what do you all think is mandatory for a Octobrush build? Currently, I'm trying to set up some new gear and all that immediately comes to mind is Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up.

Rize_21

Did you guys get a lot of #TeamSleep vs #TeamSleep?
Because that's what I got yesterday with #TeamEating, and we already know how it ended before.

Violet_0

Banned
Did you guys get a lot of #TeamSleep vs #TeamSleep?
Because that's what I got yesterday with #TeamEating, and we already know how it ended before.
nope, which is why I think TeamEating is probably more popular
I use it for my splatterscope and blaster for both ranked and turf wars. I'm aware of moving at 60% speed (just an estimate, I don't know how fast you can actually go) and be undetected without ninja squid but I don't want to worry about moving too fast.
oh, so that's why I always lose track of you when I kraken

Heng

when is ninja squid useful. For what modes and weapons?
I use it for my splatterscope and blaster for both ranked and turf wars. I'm aware of moving at 60% speed (just an estimate, I don't know how fast you can actually go) and be undetected without ninja squid but I don't want to worry about moving too fast.

Team Roller Coaster riding Dog checking in XD...delicious sea snails. Anyway, glad we now saw a perfect example of how the match results can win these assuming the popularity isnt so far in one sides favor.

also I love tower control on Moray Towers. I think they had this mode in mind when designing it. all the angles of approach, the hiding spots, and it feels like a true climb/battle. Im learning how ink mines can be huge in this mode

JonnyKong

Unfortunately I think team eating is the more popular choice, but I'd like to think sleep is getting more wins (which is all that matters, right, RIGHT?)

ryechu

I can see how its useful for blaster but what does it accomplish for splatterscopes.

Heng

I can see how its useful for blaster but what does it accomplish for splatterscopes.
Usually when I get pinned down by other sniper or long range weapons in general, I fire 3 or 4 shots at random directions and stealthily move to one of the lanes and try to either pick them off from there or to increase the distance from the enemy. It really depends on your play style tbh, I just like having the option to trick my opponents when I can.

Dryk

Tell you what with these team-mates I'm getting lately if Eating loses we deserve it. 3 people trying to hold the bottom part of Saltspray SMFH

Dryk

Well I made it to Eternal Eating Girl. That's enough I think.

Out of interest. When is the generally accepted point that you should be inking the base? I figure it's mid-game because early game drawing a strong front line is more important and by endgame every second you can spend inking opponent's turf is twice as useful as inking the base.

can they fix the network, decrease map rotations to 2 hours, nerf inkzooka and buff killer wail pls?
I spent a lot of today using the Inkzooka and I'm not sure I like it very much for turf wars. You get stuck unable to ink turf for so long.

ViviOggi

The matchmaker just straight up started a 4vs1 game

No dcs no nothing, the second a single Team Sleep player joined it went off

Like what in the actual FUCK

^ lol

correojon

Unfortunately I think team eating is the more popular choice, but I'd like to think sleep is getting more wins (which is all that matters, right, RIGHT?)
I don't think teamsleep is winning more...yesterday at the beginning of the splatfest I was getting destroyed by teamsleep (and playing terribadly) but after a break everything changed and I don't think I lost more than 4 battles in 4 hours. Also, I got 4 or 5 eat VS eat matches, so I think teameat has the advantage of popularity.

Go team eat!

Feels gooding knowing Team Sleep is gonna win.

Not a chance. Last night I spent most of my time carrying team sleep to narrow victories (3 matches in a night won by 0.1%, ridiculous) or having half the team dropped through connection errors. The matchmaking seriously had something against sleep yesterday.

I would really like a better internet connection. As soon as anyone else tries to use the internet the comm errors come crashing in for me. I'm ruining the chances of team sleep :(

About a quarter of the way to eternal. Hopefully I can reach the end.

Tell you what with these team-mates I'm getting lately if Eating loses we deserve it. 3 people trying to hold the bottom part of Saltspray SMFH
That sums up yesterday as Team Eat for me. Except that kind of failed to hold the bottom part as well :(

correojon

In the last splatfest I got a 2 vs 0 match. The other guy and I painted everything on Wally's Warehouse and ended in top of the boxes in the middle shooting at ea h while we jumped and spammed "great!" :) The other team still got a 0.4% score.

Btw, you can't walk into the enemy base, the shield will repel you with a nice animation of a backwards jump. The attention to detail in this game is superb, like how even Spike "dances" to the music of the splatfest or how seagulls and birds will escape you when you approach them in the underpass or the rig.

Sendou

Getting on that crate section near enemy base on Bluefin when enemy is using short range weapons and you a charger shouldn't feel good but it does. You can easily spawn trap the whole team this way.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Getting on that crate section near enemy base on Bluefin when enemy is using short range weapons and you a charger shouldn't feel good but it does. You can easily spawn trap the whole team this way.

It's fun and hilarious. No reason you or your team should be there but you are. You have to get passed middle/contested area where battles should be happening, but they're not, then run up one ramp, plus hop on those last 4 steps to get to opposing team spawn.

By that point I'll usually have Kraken ready to go and just plant beacon points right in front of opposing team spawn just so they start shooting at them then I unleash my roller as they're focused on the 3 beacon points I just planted in front of their spawn.

If I have to hop those 4 steps on Bluefin Depot with my roller toward your spawn the match is long over.

Happened a couple of times today.

Team Cat and Team Waterslide stay losing.

I only realised a few minutes ago that a splatfest was on, after a pretty bad week made me forget. I could fit in a few hours hours in still.

And for my first game in almost a week, it was strange. I got 1277p, but saw opponents just twice (that I can remember at least?), got 1 kill, 0 deaths, and my team lost with about 30%. It was full teams too.

Second match, I got up to 1108p, including getting 3 kills in under 10 seconds, eventually getting an unstable connection message with 30 seconds left (dsfjksdf), and one player on my team was away from the controller the whole time. Oh well.

And now I am matched up with a fellow named Wanky Pete.

JonnyKong

Ugh, it's absolutely soul destroying being on the team with less people. You know there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, so you just have to endure three minutes of torture, made even worse by the fact two people on the opposite team were using krakens. I had to come off the game out of sheer frustration.

Ugh, it's absolutely soul destroying being on the team with less people. You know there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, so you just have to endure three minutes of torture, made even worse by the fact two people on the opposite team were using krakens. I had to come off the game out of sheer frustration.

I had four or five really fun games where my side started with 3 level 20s and the other side had 4 low levels. The 20s won every time.

JonnyKong

Can you kill people whilst they're in kraken form? I find them to be so over powered and unfair. They've got the defence and the attack at once.

Basically what I'm saying is, I'm switching over to a weapon with kraken.

Linkyn

Depends on the actual setup. At least you can get a decent score when the enemy team is larger. It's true, you'll likely lose, but you really just have to try to evade their cluster.

Sendou

Can you kill people whilst they're in kraken form? I find them to be so over powered and unfair. They've got the defence and the attack at once.

Just run away until Kraken runs out. You can also shoot it. If you find a grate then that's cool too because Kraken falls right though. Basically it's not all that good unless you are caught by surprise.

nom

Can you kill people whilst they're in kraken form? I find them to be so over powered and unfair. They've got the defence and the attack at once

Run away or hide is the main strategy.

If you have a weapon with a high rate of fire you can stop them in their tracks though, I've gotten many kills with the N-Zap by just shooting them until they run out of their special.

The most sensible method, assuming you have a fair amount of your own ink around you, is simply to hide in your own ink and shadow them until it is about to run out, then kill them. I wouldn't recommend trying to shoot them to keep them back, if that kraken is lagging even slightly the knockback will not work. Also they have no downtime when changing form, so they can and will OHKO splash you the split second they change back if you're in range.

ViviOggi

Kraken is the definition of a newbie trap

It seems op until you learn more about movement, flanking, when to engage/fall back etc.

Only situation it's a bit silly in is sitting on the tower during the final seconds of TC for the deciding advantage

Top Bottom