• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

MouldyK

Okay, i'm back.

Calculated I need to win atleast 8 games (40 points) in order to stand a chance at getting 73 before the Fest is over...

shenmue%20lets%20get%20sweaty.png

Speaking of colors.

Whats your favourite Ink color?

I love the dark blue one because it feels like im actually swimming in an ocean. And Pink is kinda rad as well., its like swimming in pepto bismol

k2-_21369deb-2076-466a-b730-b405c29b8e4e.v1.jpg

Heh, I go to play Super Metroid after the bad run my team conrantly had yesterday, and forgot to turn it off for the night. So when I wake up, it's still on. I play for another 10 minutes before switching over to Splatoon. I sign on, get my 18 (expected) snails, walk to the Online lobby door, and try to shoot it to open it before realizing that this isn't Super Metroid. Ha... I should drink some cold water before I play.

Ahnez

Speaking of colors.

I love the dark blue one because it feels like im actually swimming in an ocean. And Pink is kinda rad as well., its like swimming in pepto bismol
I love the dark blue too :D

Heh, I go to play Super Metroid after the bad run my team conrantly had yesterday, and forgot to turn it off for the night. So when I wake up, it's still on. I play for another 10 minutes before switching over to Splatoon. I sign on, get my 18 (expected) snails, walk to the Online lobby door, and try to shoot it to open it before realizing that this isn't Super Metroid. Ha... I should drink some cold water before I play.

lol

But.. wait.. one of them is 2D, and the other is 3D

If it was Prime, I would understand, but Super?

kidding :p

Although if a lot of people from Eat are getting a fair few 4v1 matches, then obviously they'll win those adding more to their total, it ain't fair :(

I wonder if matches that start with a different number of players on each side are actually counted for the Splatfest win/loss results.

I don't even know why these matches are allowed to start…

Several lobby design choices in this game are downright impossible to understand.

J@hranimo

Banned
Speaking of colors.

k2-_21369deb-2076-466a-b730-b405c29b8e4e.v1.jpg

Strangely, Sky Blue and Green. I didn't think I would like Sky Blue so much, but after that one level in single player I love it.

correojon

If team sleep doesn't win this they can really be salty. The performance of team eat is really ridiculous. I'm being the no1 scorer in both turf covered and k/d in both teams and we're still loosing 50%-30%. As soon as I leave an area teamsleep paints it.

Just saw the the results for Splatfest NA, I'm really surprised! I didn't think rollercoaster was going to win. Won 2 Splatfest so far! Shame I only got to Champion rank.

MouldyK

This game loads too slow!

I can fit like 7 matches max in if it takes 5 minutes to start and end a match and I need to win 3 of them!

Hurry up!

4 Eats VS 3 Sleeps? I'll take it! :p

Well. Two should be damage up.
It depends on how you want to play. If you want the campy and defensive Charger that keeps people away from your side, Damage Up isn't necessary. If you want to be a Squiffer while not actually using a Squiffer, then you need all of the Damage Ups that you can get. I prefer the middle road usually. One damage Up main with a few subs IIRC. I change gear occasionally, so yeah. Still, it doesn't stop me from experimenting with other builds.

DaBoss

I hope the August update will provide a fun way of getting money, or at least an easier way.

And I hope the can provide a fun way of getting snails cause Splatfest is really boring.

Eternal Eat boy here as well. But I also felt that everytime my team met another eat team, they we easily beaten.

How was the percentages for the american splatfest?

backlot

I hope the August update will provide a fun way of getting money, or at least an easier way.

And I hope the can provide a fun way of getting snails cause Splatfest is really boring.
I agree about Splatfest. With the maps they gave us this time it was brutal. At least allow us to play with friends on the same team.

Gizuko

It's been bugging me for a while, but isn't Monochrome a Gaffer?

I have been in a team with someone with that name for a while now and was wondering. Team sleep rep.

I always quit at the first loss. No matter if we had a 20 streak before.

We had 2 splattershot pros so it was bound to happen. Crappy painting power. We were mostly getting by because we were just murdering shit

Ended up disconnecting at 13 games. Oh well, 2 more to go

Sendou

What 6 abilities should i specifically go for in charger play? And please, don't say 2 of them should be damage up.

Depends entirely what Charger and what kind of game you want to play.

I use Ink Bomb Range up, Ink Bomb Ink consumption down and Ink Tank Refill up.

Thought I'd try and get a few more wins in for sleep before the end, nothing but connection errors. And yet again, it's only team sleep that drops members, eat always stays at 4.

DaBoss

I just thought of something even better than a burst bomb only room. An Inkbrush or Octobrush only room. But you can only use the brush mode and bump into people. So it would be like bumper cars or something. That would be hilarious.

Doorman

Well, I bought the Octobrush and just gave it three rounds.

Never again. I want my money back.

Edit: Or, apparently, maybe I've just turned to complete shit overnight and can't play worth a crap with anything right now.

ryechu

It depends on how you want to play. If you want the campy and defensive Charger that keeps people away from your side, Damage Up isn't necessary. If you want to be a Squiffer while not actually using a Squiffer, then you need all of the Damage Ups that you can get. I prefer the middle road usually. One damage Up main with a few subs IIRC. I change gear occasionally, so yeah. Still, it doesn't stop me from experimenting with other builds.

I'm aware. I just don't understand the point of asking for advice when you've already predecided how you are going to play.

I'm aware. I just don't understand the point of asking for advice when you've already predecided how you are going to play.

I guess I just wanted to spark more Charger discussion after seeing how rare they were yesterday. =( I saw maybe 2 other Chargers during the whole time I was grinding for rank during Splatfest.

Sendou

I still insist that putting damage ups on a Charger is some weak ass shit that is never going to fly in any real games.

Like you're basing your game on shorter range gameplay when in real games you should be responsible of destroying any opposite team chargers (and once August update rolls in there will be more of that you can quote me on that).

correojon

Looks like I found a good team that understands the subtle intricancies of the game, you know like holding the fucking top area in Saltspray Rig. It's a pity the splatfest ends in 5 minutes :(

Sendou

Looks like I found a good team that understands the subtle intricancies of the game, you know like holding the fucking top area in Saltspray Rig. It's a pity the splatfest ends in 5 minutes :(

This is the second time today I see people saying that holding the top area is somehow important in Saltspray Rig but that's not true. It's the area below the top area that's important to hold.

Totakeke

I still insist that putting damage ups on a Charger is some weak ass shit that is never going to fly in any real games.

Like you're basing your game on shorter range gameplay when in real games you should be responsible of destroying any opposite team chargers (and once August update rolls in there will be more of that you can quote me on that).

What is this "real games" you're talking about?

ryechu

Dmg up is how you kill opposing chargers.

Haven't played splatoon since the last splatfest (still haven't received any snails..) and just remembered that current splatfest. Lags everywhere, disconnecting players, wallpainters. I guess i am out again.

correojon

This is the second time today I see people saying that holding the top area is somehow important in Saltspray Rig but that's not true. It's the area below the top area that's important to hold.
Yeah, when I say top area I reffer to both the biggest and the smaller one that controls access to it.

The fun thing about Chargers is that they are so versatile in playstyle. There are so many ways to play that class. There was even a point where I was screwing around pretending to be a Ninja Charger with the E-Liter and Burst Bombs in a GAF room. I think I made Azure salty with that one. (Sorry, Azure.)

Pile on Damage Ups and become a Squiffer that can also hit from afar. Become a bomb monster by putting on subs that decrease sub ink usage, etc.

I actually want to screw around with a build that prioritizes multiple Bomb Throw Ups. =P

NotLiquid

I goofed. I was too busy watching EVO all weekend to play Splatfest and I was hoping I could get to at least Charismatic Eating Girl but our team lost in the last round and I was one point away from ranking up :(

Sendou

You mean games that sometimes happen or games that don't exist yet?

Well basically games I'm not aware that exist yet. More or less what you could call competitive play.

Dmg up is how you kill opposing chargers.

DMG up assumes the other Charger will come down to range you're most effective in. There's better perks if you want to utilize Charger's range.

Yeah, when I say top area I reffer to both the biggest and the smaller one that controls access to it.

Oh yeah that's true. Sometimes I just see the opposite team just defending the top area by super jumping there and that's a good way to lose the game.

Thank god I never again have to be grouped with all those people on Team Sleeping. I can't comprehend how 3 level 20s, two of which are Eternal rank decided that it'd be a great idea to run off and "try" to spawn camp one guy and not even paint the enemy base, leaving me solo to defend the entire rest of the map.

Well basically games I'm not aware that exist yet. More or less what you could call competitive play.

DMG up assumes the other Charger will come down to range you're most effective in. There's better perks if you want to utilize Charger's range.

Oh yeah that's true. Sometimes I just see the opposite team just defending the top area by super jumping there and that's a good way to lose the game.

The problem is that the northern and southern blocks of the top area are about 40% of the map IIRC. Holding that area until the last 15 seconds might work out in the favor of the team holding it. But only holding the top makes it easy for the other team to take the top by force due to having all of the bottom to hide.

Top Bottom