• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Sendou

The problem is that the northern and southern blocks of the top area are about 40% of the map IIRC. Holding that area until the last 15 seconds might work out in the favor of the team holding it. But only holding the top makes it easy for the other team to take the top by force due to having all of the bottom to hide.

A charger can cover over half the map not counting the topmost area with the crane. I have found that's the best way to go about winning the map.

ryechu

Well basically games I'm not aware that exist yet. More or less what you could call competitive play.

DMG up assumes the other Charger will come down to range you're most effective in. There's better perks if you want to utilize Charger's range.
No. The best sniping areas are ground level zones. In front of an between the two towers in between top and central salt spray. Just in front of the zone boundary of warehouse where you can strafe to cover either side. If a charger is on high ground you can catch them off guard and kill at 3/4. The range difference between a dmg up kill is 5 vs a max of 5.5. No one uses the precisely the maximum range but an effective buffer near the maximum. Assuming perfect play which it seems like you are doing, why would ink skills even be necessary. Dmg up extends your potency covering your blind spots while holding the point that locks out the most area. It's not as though You stop using max range shots. You don't counter an e liter with another e liter. You hit them faster and closer while still being safe from opposing threats with a charger.

Sendou

No. The best sniping areas are ground level zones. In front of an between the two towers in between top and central salt spray. Just in front of the zone boundary of warehouse where you can strafe to cover either side. If a charger is on high ground you can catch them off guard and kill at 3/4. The range difference between a dmg up kill is 5 vs a max of 5.5. No one uses the precisely the maximum range but an effective buffer near the maximum. Assuming perfect play which it seems like you are doing, why would ink skills even be necessary. Dmg up extends your potency covering your blind spots while holding the point that locks out the most area. It's not as though You stop using max range shots. You don't counter an e liter with another e liter. You hit them faster and closer while still being safe from opposing threats with a charger.

What can say except I disagree and we'll see how things will look like once metagame develops.

A charger can cover over half the map not counting the topmost area with the crane. I have found that's the best way to go about winning the map.

I haven't tried the crane yet, but that also depends on the Charger's ability to pick off opponents while on the crane. You can't always hop on the crates it stops at because it either passed them or hasn't got to them yet.

I don't have much to say about that strat because I haven't tried it. =P But over half of the map? I didn't think the crane gpes that far out.

Sendou

I haven't tried the crane yet, but that also depends on the Charger's ability to pick off opponents while on the crane. You can't always hop on the crates it stops at because it either passed them or hasn't got to them yet.

I don't have much to say about that strat because I haven't tried it. =P But over half of the map? I didn't think the crane gpes that far out.

No, not the crane. The usual sniper spot in the map near the center.

What I'm saying is that the area with the crane is expendable and instead the focus should be on covering the area within the reach of a Charger when positioned above the middle area.

No, not the crane. The usual sniper spot in the map near the center.

What I'm saying is that the area with the crane is expendable and instead the focus should be on covering the area within the reach of a Charger when positioned above the middle area.

Oh, in that case, I agree completely. Holding that area is more important because it's the floodgate. Lose that area, and you're almost guaranteed to lose the upper area with the crane.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My dog team won last splatfest and people got salty about popularity
Then my roller coaster team won due to win percentage this splatfest

feels so good man

Violet_0

Banned
Depends entirely what Charger and what kind of game you want to play.

I use Ink Bomb Range up, Ink Bomb Ink consumption down and Ink Tank Refill up.

in the end abilities really don't matter much (aside from Ninja Squid, perhaps) but the ink refill ability isn't that great (someone posted some comparison gifs a while ago) and from personal experience ink saver (sub) is hardly noticeable either unless you really stack them (3 mains + maybe 1 sub give you enough ink for another bomb)

I respectfully disagree with you about Damage Up on chargers, it's working out for me on the E-Liter. There are often situation where someone ambushes me or I whiff a shot and I need a quicker charge time. Not that useful for charger duels since those usually happen at a longer range and the Splat Charger can probably do without. Well, and that zomg pro Japanese E-Liter sniper from the video a while ago didn't use any either, so it just comes down to preferences

Sendou

in the end abilities really don't matter much (aside from Ninja Squid, perhaps) but the ink refill ability isn't that great (someone posted some comparison gifs a while ago) and from personal experience ink saver (sub) is hardly noticeable either unless you really stack them (3 mains + maybe 1 sub give you enough ink for another bomb)

I respectfully disagree with you about Damage Up on chargers, it's working out for me on the E-Liter. There are often situation where someone ambushes me or I whiff a shot and I need a quicker charge time. Not that useful for charger duels since those usually happen at a longer range and the Splat Charger can probably do without. Well, and that zomg pro Japanese E-Liter sniper from the video a while ago didn't use any either, so it just comes down to preferences

Well that's just that. Perks in Splatoon are really such a small part of the game. Of course you're going to want every little bit of advantage in any case. I'm not even sure I have the best lineup but from my experience (and I have probably over 100 hours of Charger gameplay by now) this is the line of perks I have had most luck with.

I can even admit that Ink Refill Up and Sub Weapon Ink Consumption down aren't that great but Sub Weapon Reach Up is so lovely. Well in any case I need to experiment more but the game is still so fresh (pun intended) so that's only natural.

Any GAF games going on?

That 360 shot was hilarious, especially because it was literally a 360 no scope shot. =P

Ink Saver Sub has its uses. Don't hate. =P

Gonna try to join your game, Violet. Not feeling the greatest, so expect to splat me a lot. =P

Violet_0

Banned
That 360 shot was hilarious, especially because it was literally a 360 no scope shot. =P

Ink Saver Sub has its uses. Don't hate. =P

Gonna try to join your game, Violet. Not feeling the greatest, so expect to splat me a lot. =P

I just had two pretty bad game myself, room is full of Japanese players
that billboard is my eternal enemy

Team Sleeping got trashed despite higher winning rate

Sendou

Eating vs Sleeping

Votes: 63 % - 37 %

Most victories: 48% - 52%

Overall: 159- 141 #TeamEating wins!

"Hey somebody tell me this is a bad dream."

Geg

So so far the only splatfests where the most popular team also had the most wins was Rice vs Bread and Rock vs Pop? It feels like there must be some kind of weird matchmaking reason for that

Can Wii U upload to photobucket or anywhere else I don't have to sign in to upload things? I found Violet talking to his twin in my plaza.
Yeah you can go to imgur or any other image uploading site using the internet browser and upload what's currently on your screen as a screenshot.

Violet_0

Banned
Can Wii U upload to photobucket or anywhere else I don't have to sign in to upload things? I found Violet talking to his twin in my plaza.
abload.de

wait, I have a twin :eek:

btw is it easier to hit the other person on the catwalk from the other side of Kelp Dome? I never tried that

it's seem there's a queue for this room
a long queue

atr0cious

The main purpose of Ink Saver (Sub) is to have ink left to use for your main weapon after you use your sub.
The opposite actually. Ink saver main is to have extra ink after using the sub, sub saver is to have enough ink for a sub after shooting your main. That's what the guide says anyways.

NotLiquid

I'm wondering what the reasoning is for determining the win ratio. Does it count scoring per individual basis or whatever?

Oh well. Yay Team Eating and yay Team Callie

JonnyKong

I'm really annoyed that we people on team sleep worked our arses off to get the most wins and in the end makes no fecking difference. I just don't understand why they're even including the popularity towards the final score. Stupid Nintendo.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01etryy.jpg

Does it work?

Yes it does. All except the shirt.

Should have gone for a better angle. =/

I'm wearing the same shoes. Lol

Sendou

Joining Violet now except I guess he just now joined me or something? lol

I'm really annoyed that we people on team sleep worked our arses off to get the most wins and in the end makes no fecking difference. I just don't understand why they're even including the popularity towards the final score. Stupid Nintendo.

#TeamSalt

I was in it too when #TeamPop was full of scrubs.

Junahu

Eating vs Sleeping

Votes: 63 % - 37 %

Most victories: 48% - 52%

Overall: 159- 141 #TeamEating wins!

"Hey somebody tell me this is a bad dream."
Satisfied that I was part of the better team. I know my demographics. I just forgot how much weighting Splatfests give to raw popularity.

Yet, being on the less popular team meant faster matchmaking, and more matches that actually contribute to the splatfest. So I might just stick with the less popular side from now on.

Violet_0

Banned
Holy crap I'm sucking today, I blame Splatfest <_<

except you just cleared the whole map without leaving anything to do for me, lol
e: some, had one or two delayed kills against you Blue and Sendou. To be fair, I hit you that time and it just registered a bit later, and you got one on me as well :p

bleh, getting the lobby full message now

GGs, Sendou and Violet, and whoever else was there. I gotta go for now.

And that double shot on that roller at the end of our losing match was hilarious, Sendou. I hit him, but didn't have enough charge to kill him. You finished him off. =P

Edit: Yeah, the message was delayed for me on that first kill at the dome and the splat hit me through the wall at the port, but the rest of them were pretty normal IIRC.

Top Bottom