• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I'm really annoyed that we people on team sleep worked our arses off to get the most wins and in the end makes no fecking difference. I just don't understand why they're even including the popularity towards the final score. Stupid Nintendo.

It's pretty crappy. I get that they want for people who aren't good can be rewarded but being on the losing end with a higher win rate is very frustrating.

Should be there's a bonus for popularity and a bonus for win rate then a double bonus if you were on the team that had both.

nom

It's pretty crappy. I get that they want people who aren't good can be rewarded but being on the losing end with a higher win rate is very frustrating.

Should be there's a bonus for popularity and a bonus for win rate then a double bonus if you were on the team that had both.

Does it really matter though? It's only a difference of 6 shells.

Ya, but #teamrollercoaster won because of wins and not because of popularity.

Salt.

IfDzgSF.png

Doesn't make it any less bullshit that a team that wins more loses because a lot less people picked it. Quite honestly what was the point for Team Sleep in even playing when we needed to win 59% of the matches just to make for up for a totally arbitrary scoring category?

I don't need or care about the snails (I'll never even use them), nor do I care we "lost". It simply annoys me because it's a bad scoring method and is going to make future Splatfests far less enjoyable to play as nobody will want to pick a team that is guaranteed to lose. We'll have even more same team lobbies and even longer wait times.

Eating vs Sleeping

Votes: 63 % - 37 %

Most victories: 48% - 52%

Overall: 159- 141 #TeamEating wins!

"Hey somebody tell me this is a bad dream."
When you win 52% of the time you also lose 48% of the time...

Well I'm happy with 18 shells still (considering I got zero last time due to being absent).

Edit: Even if popularity were divided by two eating would still win :(

So with yet another set of 24 snails, my great master plan to make various sets for the different modes now go into effect. However I'm still sorta confused about damage up and defense up.

I read a lot of conflicting info about how usefull these abilities are. Most weapons have a minimum shots required to kill that cannot be overruled by stacking several damage up...

Concretely I'm wondering if I should add a damage up/defense up to a splash-o-magic set. The low damage of the gun sets it back imo. Often in twitch situations it'll either be a mutual kill or me dying. I feel that the fire rate does not compensate for the low damage in such instances.

I've also read that defense up is to be preferred instead of damage up.

Your thoughts gaf?

jariw

It's pretty crappy. I get that they want for people who aren't good can be rewarded but being on the losing end with a higher win rate is very frustrating.

Wouldn't it be more fair if it worked something like this:
* Getting all the points required for the highest level: 18 shells
* Being on the most popular team: 2 additional shells
* Being on the winning team: 4 additional shells

When you win 52% of the time you also lose 48% of the time...

Well I'm happy with 18 shells still (considering I got zero last time due to being absent).

Edit: Even if popularity were divided by two eating would still win :(

was close to the same results for Dogs vs Cats in the US. Team Cat never had a chance because of the popularity split :(

Rize_21

Ggs, once behind the enemy lines, that octobrush does wonders, I've let my cousin play some games in that room, it was sad to watch, but he's sold on the game, so that's cool.

GWX

4V3 in a Gaf room.
Ugh.

Yesterday (during splatfest) I won a 4v3 match on the lesser team, by quite a great margin even. What surprised me is that my best teammate was level 6 :O

Splatfest was mostly shit for me, though. I hate the lack of friend matchmaking, Splatoon with randoms after playing almost 100 hours with GAF is so meh (and so many laggers, damn).

Wouldn't it be more fair if it worked something like this:
* Getting all the points required for the highest level: 18 shells
* Being on the most popular team: 2 additional shells
* Being on the winning team: 4 additional shells
Yeah, I would totally approve having separate rewards for most popular and higher win percentage.

Sendou

It sucks that the team that won the most battles, the one that did the harder work, lost because it wasn't as popular

Yeah but #TeamEating still won more battles. Shouldn't that count too?

Sendou splatting me while I'm behind cover twice :I

I'm the ghost charger and my sensei is Violet_o.

No but really that's just lag. If I kill you the second you appear behind the corner or the second before you go behind one it's just going to show that I killed you behind the cover on your end. If it's any comfort there's nothing you could have done even if the game was 100% lag-free.

EndMerit

Overall pretty good Splatfest for me. There were more instances of Eating vs. Eating-matches, but I liked the maps, and managed to get one game with K/D of 15/1, so that was pretty uplifting.

Also, that's 2 for 2 for best waifu. Next Splatfest, Team Sweet vs. Team Salty.

So with yet another set of 24 snails, my great master plan to make various sets for the different modes now go into effect. However I'm still sorta confused about damage up and defense up.

I read a lot of conflicting info about how usefull these abilities are. Most weapons have a minimum shots required to kill that cannot be overruled by stacking several damage up...

Concretely I'm wondering if I should add a damage up/defense up to a splash-o-magic set. The low damage of the gun sets it back imo. Often in twitch situations it'll either be a mutual kill or me dying. I feel that the fire rate does not compensate for the low damage in such instances.

I've also read that defense up is to be preferred instead of damage up.

Your thoughts gaf?
You can't exceed the minimum hits to kill from full HP (otherwise Damage Up would be the best perk by far), but the other thing to consider is that you have more opportunities to kill against enemies that have less than full HP.

For more weapon specific uses,

a) Custom Jet Squelcher has a very fast kill combo with 1 shot and 1 bomb. This combo requires 2 main Damage Ups, based on what Robotguy told me before.

b) The regular Splattershot can do something similar, but I don't know how many Damage Ups that will need.

c) Someone here on GAF has been testing and apparently the Octobrush can be perked to 2HKO with Damage Ups.

d) Chargers benefit by requiring less charge to kill a target, but you need to fully charge a shot for maximum range coverage anyway.

If the above cases/philosophy aren't what you want to focus on, then you probably don't want Damage Up that much.

Edit: well you can also get Damage Ups to counter an enemy's Defense Ups, but that's very perk specific.

Xun

I managed to get into the game once after restarting, but Splatoon was hanging on the initial loading screen earlier without progressing to the game.

Anyone else had the same issue?

JonnyKong

When did the words salt/salty become so overused in internet jargon anyway? Seems to have exploded overnight.

Maybe I shouldn't be so salty about it LMAOROFL

Top Bottom